CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplaying or Rollplaying

+9
The Reality Tailor
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Talis of Stormfall
Lord Naiilo
Dark Shoo
The Lycant
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:23 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:I actually prefer both.  I don't like it to be too heavy headed either way.  I need the story, but I also love the action.

Don't you remember?  I was ALWAYS on the front line during combat.  Lyrah and Monarch always cleared the path!  Or almost died trying!

True but you would roleplay through an encounter until it came to a fight. you wouldn't interrupt a conversation in-game and ask to just make a Charisma roll.

102Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:Really didn't me and Joey Role and Roll through the village?????

Joey did roleplay razing my little village with you in tow but I know you are the kind of guy who would have rather rolled a few Dex checks and moved on to the next situation. You roleplayed because Joey forced you to.

103Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:I actually prefer both.  I don't like it to be too heavy headed either way.  I need the story, but I also love the action.

Don't you remember?  I was ALWAYS on the front line during combat.  Lyrah and Monarch always cleared the path!  Or almost died trying!

True but you would roleplay through an encounter until it came to a fight.  you wouldn't interrupt a conversation in-game and ask to just make a Charisma roll.

Yeah, no. I definitely didn't do that.

104Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

True but you would roleplay through an encounter until it came to a fight.  you wouldn't interrupt a conversation in-game and ask to just make a Charisma roll.

Yeah, no.  I definitely didn't do that.

Exactly, I've had players actually do this. Nothing takes the fun out of the game for me quicker.

105Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

Yeah, no.  I definitely didn't do that.

Exactly, I've had players actually do this.  Nothing takes the fun out of the game for me quicker.

I think the only thing I have done anywhere close to that is when Leetin would be on one of his unattainable goal quests where he would role play for like 2 hours... So I would end up going out on my own or with another player to do other things.

I might have cursed at him one or two times for going on and on... but that is still better than just stopping role playing because you want action. It is so much more exciting when you work up to it.

106Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:22 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Speaking of Leetin .. didn't you notice I'm not on the Serpents list?

Does that mean my genius supersedes all lists an classifications!

107Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

You're blind, you're there

108Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Don't listen to the snake.

109Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Naa,  All we need to do is have Nono play with this group and Tony will step up.  He cant disappoint.

Nono has nothing to do with it. Between me being an introvert, having severe stage fright, and not wanting to take responsibility for the group, I have a hard time expressing myself in the productive manner that would make me awesome. A lot of my good role playing comes when I am with only a few people. Also, anyone is more vocal than me (which is almost anyone) tends to drown me out. I'm sorry for being who I am, but that is who I am.

110Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:14 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Lycant wrote:
Leetin McBeatin wrote:Naa,  All we need to do is have Nono play with this group and Tony will step up.  He cant disappoint.

Nono has nothing to do with it. Not wanting to take responsibility for the group, I have a hard time expressing myself in the productive manner that would make me awesome.

This frightens me. Adding your opinion or giving an idea doesn't mean you'll suddenly gain responsibility of the group. It means you are suddenly a part of the group. I have little patients for the introvert logic because I've played with you when you've stepped up and I am not cool with you playing the back. Speaking up may be scary but you have what it takes. Craven-Style!!!

111Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:57 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

The Serpent wrote:
The Lycant wrote:

Nono has nothing to do with it. Not wanting to take responsibility for the group, I have a hard time expressing myself in the productive manner that would make me awesome.  

This frightens me.  Adding your opinion or giving an idea doesn't mean you'll suddenly gain responsibility of the group.  It means you are suddenly a part of the group.  I have little patients for the introvert logic because I've played with you when you've stepped up and I am not cool with you playing the back.  Speaking up may be scary but you have what it takes.  Craven-Style!!!

Never said anything about adding ideas for the group. For the most part, by the time I do come up with an idea for the group, the group has already moved on. Sometimes I feel like I have 386 processor in this "I core" processor world.

112Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Soo, still state your opinion after its to late. if it was truly a good idea people will take you opinions into consideration next time around. It will not happen after one instance, be persistent.

Also, NEVER apologize for who you are. If you feel change is needed then put yourself forward and make the change.

113Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 am

The Lycant

The Lycant

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Also, NEVER apologize for who you are. If you feel change is needed then put yourself forward and make the change.

The funny thing was that I wanted to say something cool with it, but didn't want to come off prude. I don't plan on changing who I am, at least personality wise. I am who I am and will always be who I am. Don't like it? Tough... Deal with it!

Hope that wasn't too prude...

Last edited by The Lycant on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't quote right)

114Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:41 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Perfect!

115Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:09 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yet the question still remains:

What do people really enjoy Roleplaying or Rollplaying?

116Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

i guess a mix of both is fine. for me it depends on the size of the group.

117Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Forgotten Whisper wrote:i guess a mix of both is fine. for me it depends on the size of the group.

So you want to roll dice if there are a lot of players and you want to wag your tongue when the group is small. Cool, but why?

118Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:27 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Yet the question still remains:

What do people really enjoy Roleplaying or Rollplaying?

Balance

119Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Serpent wrote:
Forgotten Whisper wrote:i guess a mix of both is fine. for me it depends on the size of the group.

So you want to roll dice if there are a lot of players and you want to wag your tongue when the group is small.  Cool, but why?

Just in my opinion and experience i feel that you can do both in any group but the larger the group the less people are involved in each other RPing.

120Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Forgotten Whisper wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

So you want to roll dice if there are a lot of players and you want to wag your tongue when the group is small.  Cool, but why?

Just in my opinion and experience i feel that you can do both in any group but the larger the group the less people are involved in each other RPing.

Yet if you're a player that likes to RP the size of the group shouldn't actually change that. Large group and you like to talk then talk. Small group and you just want to roll them bones, roll em.

121Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:18 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Yet if you're a player that likes to RP the size of the group shouldn't actually change that.  Large group and you like to talk then talk.  Small group and you just want to roll them bones, roll em.

The problem is we still don't fucking talk in game. Certain people need to speak more, while others need to speak less. We are supposed to be a group of heroes that spends infinite time together, usually dying. Yet we only talk when we planning (sometimes). Personally, I'd like to ban all phones (unless texting the DM, Magic Cards, etc) once RP has started. Pay attention, or not to be mean, don't come.

122Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Yet if you're a player that likes to RP the size of the group shouldn't actually change that.  Large group and you like to talk then talk.  Small group and you just want to roll them bones, roll em.

The problem is we still don't fucking talk in game. Certain people need to speak more, while others need to speak less. We are supposed to be a group of heroes that spends infinite time together, usually dying. Yet we only talk when we planning (sometimes). Personally, I'd like to ban all phones (unless texting the DM, Magic Cards, etc) once RP has started. Pay attention, or not to be mean, don't come.

What an interesting proposition. I like this idea. Yet what will players that just want to fill dice do when there are no dice being rolled?

123Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:34 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:
The Reality Tailor wrote:

What an interesting proposition.  I like this idea.  Yet what will players that just want to fill dice do when there are no dice being rolled?

Roll dice at each other?

124Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

lol

125Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:57 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

GREAT point ALAN. We should also Ban all handheld games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum