CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplaying or Rollplaying

+9
The Reality Tailor
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Talis of Stormfall
Lord Naiilo
Dark Shoo
The Lycant
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

your forgetting the 45 mins of planning for 45 seconds of gameplay...thats what i liked about lancelot...i would get pissed off and stay in character so i would walk away and move on. It most likely ended in us fighting something but we were doing something instead of sitting around planning

52Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:19 am

Legendary

Legendary

Ok wait, I'm lost. I thought you was talking about doing one of those sessions that requires no dice rolls. It's all word of mouth and what you can think of...What was it you meant to try to do?

53Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i do like that. althought it has to make sense

54Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:23 am

Legendary

Legendary

So...What was it you meant to try to do?

55Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:25 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

if i say i stab him with both my swords and then electrocute him is roleplaying first. then you have to roll to see if you can do it. you can do anything you want but everything has a difficulty

56Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 am

Legendary

Legendary

O so there is the rolling of dice. But only to see if you succeded? That would very much like what we do now isn't it?

57Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:32 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

its better than saying i walk up to him and attack...ok roll for it.

58Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:35 am

Legendary

Legendary

O, well we try to do things like that, but sometimes you just don't want to do anything special. You just want to kill him...

59Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:37 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

you stil have to role play to a point. you cant just kill something. you have to explain how you kill something for the mental picture

60Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

So? Who rolls the dice and who keeps you honest?

61Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:26 am

Legendary

Legendary

What? It was kind of late when you posted that? You drunk or something? confused

62Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yo, why are you assuming that I was drunk cause you see a post at 4a.m.? Do you think all Irish men are drunards that come home at 4 am and start typing jibberish? Huh....He just kidding

Just got home and checked the forums before going to be, then realized that it would take me a very long time to catch up on all the scattered thoughts that had nothing to do with the origional post.

So, here I am catching up.

63Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:14 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

just chatting about the difference in roleplaying in groms campaign and roleplaying in general

64Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I've done no dice roleplaying sessions and their very fun with the right people and atmosphere. Its about mood, imagery and attentiveness. Not everyone can do it and it definitely would be hard trying it at DeVry where there are too many people.

65Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Totally agree. I think we all get distracted from the task at hand and when the time comes we start moving retarded. I also believe that communication is something that we lack sometimes in situations and we try show our macho or ego and in the end "This is where we die!!!"

66Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Machissmo!

We all die b/c no one has confidence and at the same time others have tooo much of it.

We never plan either.

67Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

what are you talking about? you always plan and never go through with it. 45 mins of every hour is spent planning. Its when people dont all fous fire on one target is when we fail.

DM: so you see 2 people attacking one target what do you do

Muppet: I hide in the corner. He cant see me right?

DM: He looks right at you bt is not paying attention to you yet.

Muppet: Ok i will stay here until the party dies. Then im going to try to attack then.

DM: Are you sure you want to do that? You have a chance to save the party now.

Muppet: Im sure.

68Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Well lancelot u cannot talk. Case in point:

Group: Okay the plan is that we gonna take out those orcs over there. Aight cool.
Darnell's Goblin character(stinkbucket, septic for skin or some shit like that): I think Imma walk down the hill while the party's forming a plan and o shit.
Group: Okay so that's the plan, wait, where's stink........
Darnell: Guys the creatures are right behind me(while looking in our direction while running away)
Creatures: Wait,............ Aaarrrrgghhh!! (O the rest of his team is in the bushes and he alerts them to our location while u run away)

MUPPET MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!

69Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Lord Naiilo wrote:Well lancelot u cannot talk. Case in point:

Group: Okay the plan is that we gonna take out those orcs over there. Aight cool.
Darnell's Goblin character(stinkbucket, septic for skin or some shit like that): I think Imma walk down the hill while the party's forming a plan and o shit.
Group: Okay so that's the plan, wait, where's stink........
Darnell: Guys the creatures are right behind me(while looking in our direction while running away)
Creatures: Wait,............ Aaarrrrgghhh!! (O the rest of his team is in the bushes and he alerts them to our location while u run away)

MUPPET MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong section, Lord Naillo, this belongs in Greatest Moments in roleplaying. Lol

70Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Legendary

Legendary

That was pretty awesome....

71Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Lmao. My bad. I was jus replying to the nonsense in which he was talking. lol

72Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

that was one time last year. can you think of a time now that i have done that?

73Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Give it some time. It always reveals itself.

74Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

After Vesper's defeat, the party plans its next move wounded but unprepared to move foward while too far ahead to go back. As the bodies are being looted and decisions are being made, Jayden goes ahead to the door 'searche' for traps and throws the door wide because Darnell doesn't like plans.

He thinks plans stink and have coodies.

75Roleplaying or Rollplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Lmao...........MUPPET MOMENT!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum