CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplaying or Rollplaying

+9
The Reality Tailor
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Talis of Stormfall
Lord Naiilo
Dark Shoo
The Lycant
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Which do you prefer and why?

I'm a Roleplaying kind of guy. When you roleplay the game becomes far more fulfilling. I'm not some old guy with no life throwing stenciled pieces of plastic across a table and compaing it with numbers on a sheet. I am Avalon the Baneful, scourge of the northern reaches. I don't care that my skill in jumping is low, if Avalon would leap off of a diving Drake in an attempt to tackle a fleeing caracvan wagon than by gum I'm going for it.

its about playing my role, being my character. The dice take second fiddle.

What say you all!

2Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The dice represent my power. When I look at them they call and say "Roll me, roll me now". I often ask myself, but why do I need to roll you and they say "because you are powerful, and through us you will become great". As all is obvious I am a sucker for those dice. They have a role to play and its me, they are me, and live through my actions...."Roll me" They haunt me everyday in waking dreams..."Roll me"....the noise they make never ceases...Ahhh..."Roll me".

I..need...to..be...Gg..greate! Yes I am Great...I WILL ROLL YOU>>>YES.

Then the moment passes and I decide to roleplay my self out of a situation. It ha a better success rate than a random roll. Plus how many times can you roll something before you get tired of rolling it. A role you play has more influence. Now all I hear is "Role me...Role me"

That song sounds better.

3Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:04 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

I need to break this damn "Fear of Everything" that seems to be cast upon me... I tend to lean towards 'roll' than 'role', which then leaves most of my success in the hands of fate rather then me sculpting my own destiny. Sigh... Does anyone have the spell to remove all effects on one creature? You know like 'Snake Form' with out the reptilian side effect... Target creature becomes a 1/1 snake and loses all abilities... Very Happy

4Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

What you should try is coming up with a character concept, no class no special powers, just the bare bones of a character. Then write a background for said character depicting a pivotal moment in his/her life go into detail on his feelings and what he felt at that moment in time. Once that is all set let the GM read your background and together you choose a class. After all of that is done, play your new character as if he didn't have ability scores just play him as though you were the character depicted in that background.

He might die, but try it out and see if you actually have fun just roleplaying.

Try it Lycant, you have nothing to lose.

5Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

We can also, pick a fight with someone at Devry. You an me can fight three people and win or loose you will be liberated. Immediately run in the game room and write up a background.

You will come up with a sick ass back story that can not be denied.

Grom has a good idea to.

6Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

So how did that fight go?

7Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

On topic. Roleplaying is a the perfect way to get yourself out of situation where everything depends on a die roll.

8Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yes, dice roles rule. HA HA

9Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:17 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I like to think that sometimes a roll is completely unnesecarry if the situation is adaquately roleplayed through.

10Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I want to run an epic battle without the use of Dice but I'm not sure I have a group that could make it worthwhile.

11Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Nope!! Not us.

12Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That would be sick, just like playing an intense game of Chess....hmmm. We counter your actions strictly through descriptions and words.

Sounds like it could be real fun.

13Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Same thought I had

14Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Speaking of Chess is this drastic change in scenery your first move?

15Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I figure maybe a change in decor might bring the masses back. No one likes to post because the site is too ugly or something like that, maybe, sort of.

16Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I was so confused!!

17Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I was on the site, then posted and things changed. Thought it was hysterical.

18Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

I actually prefer the old look. The colors were much easier on the eyes.

19Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

This new Skin is better, but its hard to tell what the new posts are. A slight change in color ain't cool.

20Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

How about this look with Blue? I think that would be cool!!!

BTW, I think we lost the point of this thread... wasn't it about role playing vs roll playing?

21Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

I think that they both go hand in hand because roleplaying is the main part of the system but the rolling of dice joins it because in order to sometimes seek out information that is worth to u, u must roll to see if it can become possible.

22Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am

The Lycant

The Lycant

Sorry to switch back to the topic of the site, but the new anime look is okay except for one thing. The buttons make it hard to tell what's new and what's not.

23Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

HA!! You've fallen for my trap! Now you have no choice but to actually read everything! You're caught in my web... the spider strikes once again!!!

24Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Troll troll... Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Wtf the man i cant troll no more...well istill can but actually have to read to see the date of each post and kno wat day it is and shit i cant keep that up...so i guess that leaves me with two decisions...I could continue postin regularly like ive been doin or i could just stop coming to the site altogether...hmm????....Its been real guys!!!!!!!

25Roleplaying or Rollplaying Empty Re: Roleplaying or Rollplaying Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

JERK!! But I do think its best to change the skin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum