CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Experiences in Roleplaying

+6
Racheal
Malevolent Moose
Leetin McBeatin
Cambria
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:54 am

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:So what was your wildest moment in game.  Something that jumped you up in levels and even impressed your self.

Dude your so cheap with XP that shit never happened in one of your games lol

52Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Sounds familiar, lol.

53Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

It would have helped Moose if you had killed more monsters instead or getting preoccupied with robbing them.   The ring thing sounded pretty cool.  Anyone else have a cool RP story to share?.  This helps me gauge the level players when I have to set up a session.

Lem what was the craziest thing you ever done as a player or GM?

54Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:43 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:It would have helped Moose if you had killed more monsters instead or getting preoccupied with robbing them.   The ring thing sounded pretty cool.  Anyone else have a cool RP story to share?.  This helps me gauge the level players when I have to set up a session.

Lem what was the craziest thing you ever done as a player or GM?

You can't gauge us from our antics on the forum? Half of us will sit around and let the story/adventure roll over us. Some will cry about injustice or needlessly antagonize other players. Some will try their best but having never played with you as GM may not rise to the challenge.

55Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

In the only game where I was able to RP as a PC I was a druid that had lost contact with the order in a land new to me. In the midst of stopping a strange army of armored giants I managed to establish a grove that became a safe haven for elves and animals displaced by the enemies advances. While adventuring the party came upon a Deck of Many Things. I drew three times, the first two draws gave me riches and magical wealth and the last was Ruin(lose all material possessions). The GM decided that that encompassed all of my stuff as well as my grove, all I'd worked for throughout the game.

Naked and pissed about what had happened I consulted the map of one of my remaining allies, as one died fighting Death thanks to The Deck, and found that there was a town nearby. the town was a place in league with the enemy, a place whose townies were instrumental in our capture and the death of a few PCs in an earlier adventure. We camped outside of town and the next morning I used a spell to call a storm, a spell I'd never used because it took too long to cast in combat, and walked into town. The townies recognized me and called their guards and I commenced to level the town with bolts of lightening. From the rubble of that forgotten town I claimed new robes, a walking stick, and left the rest of the spoils to the party and any scavengers that stumbled upon the cratered landscape.

56Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

See now that deck is crazy.I had guys hedge their bets on the deck. They memorized the cards calculated the odds and kept choosing until they had chosen all of the good cards.

57Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:57 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:See now that deck is crazy.I had guys hedge their bets on the deck.  They memorized the cards calculated the odds and kept choosing until they had chosen all of the good cards.

Knowing I hardly get to play, I always draw. Always

58Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

I once ran a game where the guys had to solve a combination lock where they would take damage every time they entered the wrong combination.  They were stuck in a corridor for 2 days before they finally got the door open.  They had just gotten into a fight and were all beat up and they couldn't go back the way they had come and couldn't go forward until the door was open.  They said that it was one of their better sessions.  They had no potions, no healing, and no bandages.  Damage was a 1d3.  It was a lot of fun for me also and it gave me time to set up the next section of the dungeon.

Last edited by Toepoker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

59Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Some of my more evil gaming sessions was done in Raven Loft. Ask Moose he is deathly afraid of going into that place. I have the most fun there. One session I was running they met a gypsy fortune teller and they did a reading. Based on the reading I ran a game where they were going after a vampire so they went into his castle. They didn't know that the vampire had kidnapped one of the group members and poly-morphed him into the vampire they were looking for and he transformed himself into the group member. I had the player play himself like nothing had ever happened to him. When the group finally got to the vampires tomb and staked the boss in the casket they thought it was a win. When they were leaving the town they noticed that one of there group members was missing and all that they could hear was the sound of laughing. I killed like 3 of them in very bad ways.

60Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

[quote="Toepoker"]Some of my more evil gaming sessions was done in Raven Loft.  Ask Moose he is deathly afraid of going into that place.  I have the most fun there.  One session I was running they met a gypsy fortune teller and they did a reading.  Based on the reading I ran a game where they were going after a vampire so they went into his castle.  They didn't know that the vampire had kidnapped one of the group members and poly-morphed him into the vampire they were looking for and he transformed himself into the group member.  I had the player play himself like nothing had ever happened to him.  When the group finally got to the vampires tomb and staked the boss in the casket they thought it was a win.  When they were leaving the town they noticed that one of there group members was missing and all that they could hear was the sound of laughing.  I killed like 3 of them in very bad ways.[/quote

RIP Oscar
Not Cool Joe
And for the record I just hate the level drain I work my ass off to Gain Levels and you just want to take them away with a cheap feel....

61Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Giant Bat Food!!!

62Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

AAahhhh Good times. Laughing

63Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ravenloft is the one realm that If not DMed correctly it will suck. One needs to understand horror and then make the players feel it.

64Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Yeah I agree. That's why I like that place so much. As a player you face monsters every day. But I prefer to tell a scary story that as a player you have to live through. I have run a lot of games over the decades and Ravenloft is still my favorite place to go into. Maybe I should a run a game in there with our group Moose.

65Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:59 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Moose actually asked me to take the party to Ravenloft in this campaign. I have a D&D 3.5 module I could modify for C&C. It could be fun but I don't think these guys can handle a module. In my experience the modules are far less forgiving than I am. We'll see, this could be an opportunity to try things I've never tried before.

66Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I would LOOOVE to be in a campaign in Ravenloft.  I would totally want to dim the lights and put on spooky music!! ha!

We talked about it a few times, but never did anything.

Last edited by Cambria on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

67Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Well you could run it and I play or I could run it and you play.What a Face A benefit of 2 DMs at a table or we could do a trade off. One of us could start it and the other could finish it. I have several plus the box set but it in jersey I would have to look for it in my closet. lol Plus we would have to find a place big enough and quiet enough to hold a big group like this would be.

68Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:47 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I feel like a real hurdle in running Ravenloft is that you need the player's undivided attention. It's hard to do with a strong group, even harder with a mediocre group. It also involves atmosphere. Playing in Patrick's dining room or Jimmy's place is perfect and cozy but not conducive to a large party. So we play at Kings and between the less than comfortable chairs, the shaky floor, and those dame Yu-gi-oh players it kills any vibe a GM is trying to create.

Ravenloft or any fantasy horror game is heavily driven by mood and mood can not be maintained without players and GMs working together to accomplish it.

69Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Sadly I have to agree. But we perform with what we have.

70Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:Sadly I have to agree.  But we perform with what we have.

What part do you disagree with?

71Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:

Looks like it says agree... Just sayin'

72Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Looks like it says agree... Just sayin'

OMG! What kind of brain fart did I have?? Maybe I am just so used to people bitching that I assumed he was about to argue! ha!

73Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Best game we ever played hands down was Undermountain

74Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think when the party ventured to The World Below(Homebrewed Underdark) we had the most fun things were crazy and exciting.

75Experiences in Roleplaying - Page 3 Empty Re: Experiences in Roleplaying Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:Yeah I agree.  That's why I like that place so much.  As a player you face monsters every day.  But I prefer to tell a scary story that as a player you have to live through.  I have run a lot of games over the decades and Ravenloft is still my favorite place to go into.  Maybe I should a run a game in there with our group Moose.  

You Have a weird love with the undead, doesn't matter what we does there has to be some undead themed tone to it , Like our other game now Undead not that I am complaining I just miss going into town getting into a good old bar fight, lift a purse or two , maybe even going after a dragons horde. you know change it up a bit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum