CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A different game for a different time

+4
Leetin McBeatin
The Lycant
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:

Also, can someone do a poll on here to whether our group members know each other? And are we doing the standard 4D6, drop the lowest score (and re-roll 1's)?

With C&C being such a simpler system I'm going to have every roll up their characters at the beginning of the first session. It will be roll 4d6, reroll the lowest roll once. Keep the highest, 1s will be kept.

102A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:49 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:

Also, can someone do a poll on here to whether our group members know each other? And are we doing the standard 4D6, drop the lowest score (and re-roll 1's)?

With C&C being such a simpler system I'm going to have every roll up their characters at the beginning of the first session.  It will be roll 4d6, reroll the lowest roll once.  Keep the highest, 1s will be kept.

Sweet. Except the 1's. They fill me with sad.

103A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:Big party, I hope we have fun.  Do you guys want a dungeon crawl or something else?

Didn't see this post before. I for one would like some RP opportunities. Other then the fact that everything wound up degrading into a fight with The Nightmare Moon, I liked the side stuff we did. Not saying we should make a guild or anything, but the chance to RP in towns or even outside would be good.

i vote for dungeon crawl, the party is too big. i can understand with a smaller group you have more time to interact with each person. Some people might feel neglected and not care as much. the other people will hog the DM. Now i can understand that some people might feel this is not cool but its the way i see it. i have been in both big and small groups and seen this happen alot. the size of the group changes how we interact with each other as a whole. dungeon crawl with some RP time would be awesome, But mostly crawl.

104A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:
Chaos' Plague wrote:Big party, I hope we have fun.  Do you guys want a dungeon crawl or something else?

Didn't see this post before. I for one would like some RP opportunities. Other then the fact that everything wound up degrading into a fight with The Nightmare Moon, I liked the side stuff we did. Not saying we should make a guild or anything, but the chance to RP in towns or even outside would be good.

I understand that sentiment.  My DH campaign has a lot of fighting but far more RPing and RP opportunities.  That's what I like to do.

I don't know how this campaign will work out, but that's the kind of campaign I want. Every time you have an epic RP story, it tends to come from DHs. I'd like for our group to have our own legendary RP stories.

And are we doing the standard 4D6, drop the lowest score (and re-roll 1's)?

Also I put a poll up in the Game Updates section.

As much as i would like this, we are going to RP twice a month, could be more but it requires time to get things moving.

As far as the dice rolls, i rather you roll all the numbers to save time and we just put the points to save time. i want to play asap and as much time we can save would get us more time to RP.

105A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

I might show up early to get a head start on my character

106A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:47 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Forgotten Whisper wrote:

i vote for dungeon crawl, the party is too big. i can understand with a smaller group you have more time to interact with each person. Some people might feel neglected and not care as much. the other people will hog the DM. Now i can understand that some people might feel this is not cool but its the way i see it. i have been in both big and small groups and seen this happen alot. the size of the group changes how we interact with each other as a whole. dungeon crawl with some RP time would be awesome, But mostly crawl.

I see your point but would say this in response.

1- Darnell is always going to try and hog the DM's attention. Doesn't matter what system, what campaign. Just part of the facts of life. (And you Pat, when your engaged).

2- As long as nobody is trying to take over the party and be the boss, this should not be the problem. If we can remove the hostility that certain players bring, I'm hoping that with this campaign, we can have a new group dynamic. In the past it really seems like we only role play with Lem, instead of each other. So instead of one group RP'ing, it's 8 groups RP'ing. If we can get rid of this, and RP with each other as much as the DM, this shouldn't be a problem. If it is, maybe we rethink what we doing.

This is just my opinion, but if I want a dungeon crawl, I'll play Destiny.

107A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:49 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

Da fuck you mean I hog the Dms attention. Do I look like Lyon to you? If you say yes you're racist and I will give you the evil eye

108A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

lancelot chamomile wrote:Da fuck you mean I hog the Dms attention. Do I look like Lyon to you? If you say yes you're racist and I will give you the evil eye

I take your evil eye and raise you one sassy smirk.

109A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

lancelot chamomile wrote:Da fuck you mean I hog the Dms attention. Do I look like Lyon to you? If you say yes you're racist and I will give you the evil eye

OMg i love darnell!!!!!

110A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

I see two gay guys right now

111A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:59 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Forgotten Whisper wrote:

I see two gay guys right now

Three if I put a mirror in front of you.

112A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Remember we will also have longer sessions. When we do a weekday at Kings we play magic, then talk and RP for 2 hours.

The new plan is to RP once or twice a month for 10+ hours. We will get a lot done!

Side Question for The Darkness: Can Cat People multi-class?

113A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Remember we will also have longer sessions. When we do a weekday at Kings we play magic, then talk and RP for 2 hours.

The new plan is to RP once or twice a month for 10+ hours. We will get a lot done!

Yes but it costs them one of their lives for each class.

114A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Remember we will also have longer sessions. When we do a weekday at Kings we play magic, then talk and RP for 2 hours.

Yes they can multi-class

115A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:04 am

Racheal

Racheal

So a lot to ketch up on, first of all I would like to actually role play with each other and not just the dm it would give me more experience plus it's what I liked about the very first game I ever played, we interacted with each other and not just the lem God. I don't want everything we do to lead to a fight, it gets boring and nothing gets done so dungeon crawler is a no. I have thoroughly checked alans pants, damien's diaper and my stroller there is no Hamer Sad.

116A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 am

Racheal

Racheal

P. S. Chad I had a boy!!! Damien is not a girls name!! - gives him evil eye- don't make me use my new favorite weapon the dirty diaper sling, I'm not afraid to use it don't push me.

117A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:40 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

Talked to the wife and I'm cleared to show up on saturday

118A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

this is shaping up to be one of the most entertaining games we had in a while.

119A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:21 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday, is it Saturday.

120A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Im soooo Outta the loop that I only found out about the baby being born and his name on these forums. Had to make a quick guess...It was 50/50%, I just chose the wrong option. ha

Everyone obviously knows I'm a HUGE fan of actual RPing. I also know that The crawls always work cause ppl get bored and only want to stab things with the wrong end of a sharp mace.

My vote is lets mesh the two styles and maybe lean towards RPing and inter-character reactions.

Snarf

121A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

I like role playing

122A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 am

Racheal

Racheal

yo chad you mad late, you so need a fb.

123A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I have, just hardly use it.

124A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

A monk is a person who practices religious asceticism, living either alone or with any number of

other monks. A monk may be a person who decided to dedicate his life to serving all other living beings, or to be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live his life in prayer and contemplation. The concept is ancient and can be seen in many religions and in philosophy.

In the Greek language the term can apply to women, but in modern English it is mainly in use for men. Meanwhile, nun is typically used for female monastics.

Although the term monachos is of Christian origin, in the English language "monk" tends to be used loosely also for both male and female ascetics from other religious or philosophical backgrounds. However, being generic, it is not interchangeable with terms that denote particular kinds of monk, such as friar, cenobite, hermit, anchorite, hesychast, or solitary.

125A different game for a different time - Page 5 Empty Re: A different game for a different time Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:A monk is a person who practices religious asceticism, living either alone or with any number of

other monks. A monk may be a person who decided to dedicate his life to serving all other living beings, or to be an ascetic who voluntarily chooses to leave mainstream society and live his life in prayer and contemplation. The concept is ancient and can be seen in many religions and in philosophy.

In the Greek language the term can apply to women, but in modern English it is mainly in use for men. Meanwhile, nun is typically used for female monastics.

Although the term monachos is of Christian origin, in the English language "monk" tends to be used loosely also for both male and female ascetics from other religious or philosophical backgrounds. However, being generic, it is not interchangeable with terms that denote particular kinds of monk, such as friar, cenobite, hermit, anchorite, hesychast, or solitary.

Chad, where did this come from? Not where did you get the info but what made you post it? It's useful and the exact definition I use for the monk in my games. Thumbs up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum