CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Game??

+2
Talis of Stormfall
zulugm1
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New  Game?? Empty New Game?? Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 am

zulugm1

zulugm1

A New World, With Humble Beginings.....

He's back and he's still crazy.... Can he really pull off an internet game with people over 1k miles away? Can he really keep our attention or is his ego just that big?

A strange new world is begining to open up in the mind of this GM. All the danger and wonder of previous ages, all the power and potential of lost legends and all the darkness within the souls of men come to this world. It is done, the final campaign of ZULUGM. The insane imagination that brought you to the edge of death so many times only to have some few of you survive by your wits (and no small amount of luck).

The Gauntlet is thrown, the challenge pronounced. Come fools and see if you can last. Come see if you can really ROLEPLAY. Organize your party and face off 'gainst He Who Weilds Infinate Plots. Watch your fellows cower in the corner as you face the onslaught of his complex plans. Cry as your character is helpless before my crafty and colorful villians.

Who will answer the call of a DragonQuest campaign without borders? Can you start from the humble beginings of a character created with as little as 150 exp, rk 4 read and write, rk 5 speak (common only)? Can you start out as a commoner in a small community without knowledge of any magic, few basic weapons (staff, dagger, hammer, short sword, long and short bow) and no use of armor? Can you survive when the only healing magic is the town vet (in other words none)? Remember begining are only that, beginings. I have only 4 slots so contact me soon.

If you think you can handle it respond with your character concept. I will be a jerk and if your just ridiculous then you will be cast to the side. I plan on this being my final work of art. The game will be played in 4 hour sessions once or twice weekly in the evenings after 6 pm mon-thurs.

P.S. Yes those are really the begining exp. No I didn't say you anything about race. YOU CAN CHOOSE!!! (BUT YOU MUST MAKE THE CHARACTER CONCEPT WORK IN A PLACE WHERE MAGIC AND DIFFERENCES CAN MEAN DEATH) Don't make killing you easy!! Please..
See ya soon,
Tom

2New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

im down but the times need to be replaced maybe on the weekends or sumthin cant do the weekly thing...

3New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Do you vent it? What about dice rolls?

4New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

we have a dice rollingsite that rolls it for us for everyone to see and tracks all of our dice rolls online...dicelog.com

5New  Game?? Empty Times are flexable Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:38 am

zulugm1

zulugm1

We can work on the times in order to fit best with the group. This game is done online using three programs (both Free) Skype, join me and a dice rolling website. We will be using DQ rules and Rifts books as reference material.

Khourie, shawn, lian, and lem have the character sheets that u canuse to get an Idea how cool roleplaying over the internet can be.

HOLLA

6New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:47 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ill check it out.

Back in the day I tried my hand at M.U.S.H.E.S and the sort. Cant remember one school was hack and slash the second was R.P.

7New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Do you want our endgame concepts, where we see our character at the end. Or do you want the character origin where we stem from what were our progenitors what are we the heirs of?

I'm interested and so is lance but put him on the B Squad.

A lot of GMs(including myself) promise limitless freedom and imagination but we don't deliver. The idea of starting with nothing in a town that's nothing is something I've wanted to try with a small group but I wonder how do you intend to provide us with the tools to achieve our goals. For instance if The only town Masters are a Blacksmith, a Hunter, a Conman and a traveling performer how can I be a demented magically engineered war goblin that bleeds magic and farts tiny swarms of evil bugs?(for example anyway... I don't really want to bleed mana. Bugs could be cool though.)

8New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

No need to outline what you want them to be able to get into in the future. As the story unfolds we will see what they get into.

As far as race or back story, sell it. Strangeness is a threat to friend and family alike. Remember what it was like to be from a different country in the 1920's (from your history class) much less actually being a black man or chinese. How do you expect a goblin (green skin) family would be treated in a uneducated community of serf level europeans. It will be hard enough for those of you who choose to be elves or dwarves. (and I mean it will be hard on you)

Nerd or Knight you must accept your lot in life because it's all you've known. Play hero before you've earned it and your family could be burned out of house and home. Yes folks I am going to be as fearful and stupid as people usually are when confronted by strangeness. Your characters can be more accepting but the people around you will not usually share your tolerances.

As far as experience is concerned the ability to read and write is useless in some circles and like gold in others. You all have the opportunity to have reading and writing at level 4 but you can also trade those exp points for skills in other areas including available weapons. It is highly advisable for you to have at least one member who can read and write, others will need skills that can be used to survive a violent world.

9New  Game?? Empty OPPS FORGOT Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

Character choices will be made on mon sept 5th. Have your concepts to me by then affraid

10New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Junon Forestwalker

Born under the full moon Junon is revered amongst his people as a child of destiny, fated for greatness. The Common folks believe The Forestwalkers to be strange folks of odd beliefs and habits passed down from their immigrant ancestors. They encourage these misconceptions because the truth is far stranger. The Forestwalker clan is in fact a pack of wolfwere outcast. Though not slaves to the moon like their feared and furious cousins, the werewolf, they can only maintain human form for a finite time before nature calls so to speak. The family makes frequent forays into the woods to gather the herbs and game they sell for their livelihood and also to resume their true form in peace and secrecy.

Nightly the elder Forestwalkers share with the young the tale of Evenserf the Traitor. All Forestwalker cubs know the story by memory and the shame that accompanies. Evenserf was a young wolf one of very little importance within The Great Pack. His only credit was his unsurpassed nose and his uncanny sense for ambush. It is said that it was this that brought him to the attention of Brightfang, The Great Pack Alpha... it is that nose that brought his line to shame. The exact events that led to Evenserf's fall is lost to memory but he is said to have led Brightfang into a trap set by human hunters for 15 silver pieces. his family was ostracized from The Great Pack and hunted like lesser beast. Those that survived fled far from their home land in the Uncharted Wood and have hidden among men for centuries. They lament the loss of their home and the freedom to roam as man or beast as well and they never forget the betrayal that mars their bloodline.

Junon knows the story well as he will one day be the Keeper of Tales. He trains with instrument and song to perfect the teachings of his people.

I see Junon as a Troubadour Shapeshifter with a talent for performing and misdirection. I think this is a good start, I'll post more as it comes to me.

11New  Game?? Empty An interesting entry.... Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

Sounds like a good start. Of course you've got the creative juices flowing and I have just created 4 enemies for you off the bat but that's what I enjoy. Bold attempts to make the GM think.

Yes folks even though i said it would be tougher on unusual characters I enjoy when someone challenges my authority a little with a character that has to hide his strangeness. Bravo Lem, show them how to do it.

Anyone else up to the challenge?? Or is this chicken central??

12New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:05 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

HaaaaHa!

Let chickens chirp tonight!

Cock-a-Doodle Dooooo!

Bram Mac'Luur Is a bold man from a bold clan.

The Mac'luurs inhabited Kromwell for over 2,510 years. The First, Bram Mac'Luur was a mightily fighter. Some even whisper that he was the first of the Berserkers. The Rest know that The religion was obviously founded 2,508 years ago. This date pre-Dates the Mac'Luur clan by a whole year and a half plus 8 days.

Our story starts with the third son of the second brother who married a true descendant of the mighty Mac'Luur. Our Hero, our protagonist is obviously next in line to inherit the title of clan master; wisest of all and leader of the Mac'Luur's.

The truest of wise man and father of the not so great Bam Mac'luur has sent his son to one of the mightiest schools in Kromwell. The wish and hope of a poor old man was that maybe his son could be almost as great as the name he bears.

Poor boy; shortly after graduation his father suffers an immediate and unexpected attack on the heart. Totally unexpected. Yes, Mother has been wandering the shadow halls for quite some time now.

In short, there was a frame up. As the art of framing goes and the mastery of the skill, our hero not by birth was accused. ACCUSED! Why would such a boy commit patricide? Power. Soo, the story goes.

Now our poor hero wanders the surface world looking for a way back home and wondering why was he so important. I mean come on, so many fellow Dwarves helped me leave the land of the under. Could it be that Bram was the First Mac'Luur descendant to wield the Dragon Flame Rifle? instead of worshiping the mighty god BealRun; greater god of the frenzy? Naaa, life is not that simple. Bearing our families traditions and artifacts Bram searches for answers with what little clues he was provided.

As the illustious Bubbler said: "think this is a good start, I'll post more as it comes to me."

Last edited by Leetin McBeatin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing of course...)

13New  Game?? Empty A Dwarf.... No Problem... Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:42 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

Is he more Irish Or Scottish.... Sry if I have them mixed up. Sounds to me as if your craving my attention with a beatiful background like that. You've never played a rpg with me have you? Few people would be so bold as to leave themselves open to a hunt but I love it. Just graduating from a school that teaches fighting basics is great but remember you have very little exp to use to fill this characters skills. I'm going to assume your Dwarven read and write will suffer. the other thing is I must provide you with a sidekick who can speak common because all you know is dwarven. See already Tom is kicking a hole in a great story by adding flesh fodder to the game. That's just how I roll.

Just in case you might not see a problem with a side kick let me inform you. As a starting character he gets the same few exp as you outside of speaking common rk 4 (a gimme). He can't read or write common and only has 150 exp for weapons or other skills. Of course his greatest asset is his read/write/speaking skills so a fighter he is not. In other words a wimpy dwarf scholar wanna be. (I know I'm a Tool) So as you can see his life will be inn your, easily irritated, hands.

By the way read up on you guys suggestions for CP's and some rules on coming back from the dead. Great suggestions. what I propose is simply take the point system in palladium and divide by 100. The player and GM can simply keep up with these points by dividing the exp given every session by 100 and then when the character dies multiply that number by 10 that will be the characters starting exp when he/she creates a new PC. This only works well with DQ but shouldn't everyone be playing the most versitile game EVER?

Of course you now know what type of exp point chart I am going to use during the game. Aint I the nicest GM ever (I lie so good).

Please send me e-mail addresses so I can send you the electronic books and character sheets. Kill Ya later.. Twisted Evil

14New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Will my character need to take ranks in Speak Language: Wolf or will it be a natural ability to read the nuances of body language and scent? As a wolfwere who spends the majority of his time in man form but has made efforts to stay connected with how is my knowledge of both cultures possibly affected?

I intend to use the experience forbRead/Write Rank 4 in order to suppliment our paultry starting experience.

zulugm1

zulugm1

Animals don't have complicated gestures or sign language. They tend to be able to understand general concepts and feelings thru gestures but not more complcated instructions like how to build something or specific instructions. This explains why they use the human form so much. In order to develop tools or a social structure beyond something very basic they had to accept the human form.

Having a natural ability to communcate with animals, as a predator does, comes with your background. This also comes with the natural enemies list. Thanks for asking. Does everyone have the DQ character sheet?

16New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yet a society that has developed to a point where it can pass for human would have to be far more complicated than the average animal. These creatures would not shift from animal to human form to settle an argument or explain a complicated theory. These creatures have true thought and would need a way to communicate.

I'm not trying to talk myself out of a simple and free language I just want to make clear that the society I envision for the wolfweres isn't a bunch of hounds trying to play human, being humanlike is part of who they are.

17New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:55 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I'm definitely interested! Sorry Tom both times you called I've been knocked out. I just started school so like shaun the time might be a problem but I'll call you later today

18New  Game?? Empty On the Wind Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

Lets use a skill I like to call Spore Sense. A natural ability for your people. They communicete using the wind to carry a MINOR telepathic signal to one another. No this doesn't mean your a telepath. Yes it means your open to telepaths (that sucks). The Dwarves and Elves use to have a simular ability but it was lost over the many centuries of thier civilation. Through this ability I would love you to solve the puzzles of your peoples lack of a written language and how do you people have such a percise knowledge of history. Suggestions? I am leaning in a certian direction but please create it and we will see what comes up.

Mr. Mcbeaten can you give me a reason for Drawven royalty to have only lvl 4 read write and speak?? Do you really want me to jerkyou around like that? Write To Me.....IDEAs People. Lets start them flowing. Your a group of experienced roleplayers. CREATE IT and live these characters don't just write something down on paper. When I kill you i want it to mean something Twisted Evil .......LOL

19New  Game?? Empty Counting down Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:59 pm

zulugm1

zulugm1

looking forward to a call. haven't heard from shawn. 48 hrs to fianal character choices and then the game is closed.

20New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Raithe "Ragna" RavenBlood

Not much is known about the vagrant Raithe, he seem to just appear in town one day like a roaming bear that never left. The town mayor drops hints to him that he is unwelcome every now and again with the town gaurds who roughly show Ragna thier hospitality as they throw him out of town. He must be a glutton for punishment or where ever he came from he must have experienced far worst than what the town gaurds can dish out. Despite all the the bloody beatings he ensues he never seems to heed the mayors warnings and miraculously his wounds never seem to be as bad as they should be. When he does avoid the town guard long enough to scavange some food from the townsfolk he can almost always be found at the local orphanage sharing the little bit of food with the orphans who call out Uncle Ragna as they flock around him and climb up and down his scarred body like a tree. A soulful smile can always be found on his face as he sits and shares the little bit of bread he has to his name with those that have less than he. Their smiles make all of his efforts worth it, he finds peace in their innocence where others might shun him the children do not stare at his scars or judge him for his Dark Red hair that mark him as a Hemophivian an empire (whose warriors and mages who use their life blood to empower themselves) conquering in the far West Contintent. For the sole sake of distancing himself from recognition of his race he has traveled far away from his homeland. Where others across the Great Sea away might see run in fear at the sight of him. The luxury of unknowning eyes from these towns folk, even the ones filled with disdain and disgust, soothes his heart. For he is not like the his bretheren, his heart is one that loves and values life and wishes not to be part of an empire built on the backs of those they have enslaved. He prays that the Great Ocean is enough to divide him from his people and his past never catches up to him...

I see ragna and a protector of the weak, who values life...but try as he might he is bound by people and past he cannot escape...

zulugm1

zulugm1

You know how to touch the heart of this old gamemaster. (not saying I like it cheers ) Now, can you play this young fool who has gained the love of not only the children of the orphanage but the secret kindness of thier patron? Will he now, thru deeds of wisdom and cunning, defeat those who may threaten these children.

Let the evil of your ken strengthen your resolve to be different. Think on this, how can this most cruel of GMs (second only to LEM of course) turn the history of your people against you? As I have asked of others please send me a breakdown of how this self enhancement thru blood letting works. I have an idea but let's see how reasonable you've become in the time I've been gone. A word of caution we are not playing the game to become a god amoungst men (i don't think I spelled that right) but to add spice to the characters background.

Does no one want to be a regular guy in this group of super beings (O'Keffe style). I can't wait to get you guys together and see how you fair as a group. I need numbers and e-mail addresses first thou. Holla

22New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm seeing a thing, a wondrous thing I will call The Pack Mind for the time being. This thing is a combination of a an anthill's hive mind, the common wolf's pack mentality, a species ancestral memories and a psychic repository. The Pack Mind is either a result of the Spore Sense or the source of the Spore Sense no one is quite sure. The more members a pack possesses the great (or more keen) The Pack Mind becomes. Each pack has their own and it is why wolfweres are compelled to live in large numbers together. This might even be why The Forestwalkers are stricken with the whole in the legend of Evenserf, without The Great Pack they are missing a part of themselves.

I see The Pack Mind being something taken for granted like the human soul, it is accepted that it exist with no real research into how or why. The wolfweres believe that the dead continue to add their wisdom to the pack through The Pack Mind and believe that cowardly deeds and dark influences can corrupt or harm 'The Mind' which drives them to be as noble as the cousins True Wolves.

23New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:16 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

In Lem's defense he is cruel but fair. He rewards roleplay and doesn't thrive off of making the rping experience impossible to enjoy.

I'm a dick Rolling Eyes

... but everyone comes back for more Twisted Evil

24New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 am

Legendary

Legendary

Ok so...we all know I'm no great story teller or writer and I'm not great at illustrating what I see in my head...I've played the smart guy in the group and was shunned by the other pc's because I was useless in the fights (even though the DM loved the character) Sad , I've played the clever adventurist that came up with odd ways to get out harms way and was concidered a dumbass by the DM (even though the other pc's liked the ways they escaped harm because of him) scratch , and I've played the fighter type that when told to use his head to open a door instead of trying to clubber it with a war mace would acctually use his head to punch a hole threw that door (my typical character) rabbit ...I've been reading the posts old man has been putting up and see that this campaign seems to be centered around acting and problem solveing...I think I'm pretty good at acting, when it comes to getting what i need in real life, but not so much in roleplaying (probably because I don't like people looking at me), and I do pretty well at problem solving when it comes to things like machinery (again, probably because of my anti-social feelings), but not so much at things like a clever way to get out of a situation, I would most likely pick the obvious way out and the DM will most likely be disapointed in that decision and take out on my character, But I have seen that he seperated people into two groups, the smart/ clever guys study and the fighter/stupid guys cheers . I think my best role in a group is as a fighter of some sort, wether it be a protector or a killer...So all this ranting is for what purpose? The purpose of saying that I'll leave the smart, clever, thinking stuff to those who can Idea and I'll take the role of being the one to keep them allive in a fight (probably by getting myself killed...) pale . I know the deadline is today and unfortunatly I didn't know about the game until last night when I was getting ready to go to bed. I don't have the DQ site and seeing as it's 8AM I don't want to text anyone yet to find out what it is...So I'm going to post my character concept in a new post seeing as how this one is probably too long to fit it in...I always love how the old man always calls people out in order to frustrate them and get them to want to try harder to prove him wrong, but I have a question for the DM....

DO YOU HAVE THE TESTICULLAR FORTITUDE TO ALLOW A MUNCHKIN MASTER TO PLAY A TRUELY GREAT CHARACTER!? afro

Last edited by Legendary on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot the faces...)

25New  Game?? Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:43 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Jose 'The Legendary Minmax' welcome back to the forum!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum