CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Game??

+2
Talis of Stormfall
zulugm1
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Oligocene Granite was newly created and ordered to join the others like him at the front to hold the line. The dark, pointy eared creatures were advancing forward while the creators were being driven back. The other tall hard creatures began to press forward to drive back those that threatened the creators. That was, until the pointy ears began to hurl large round globes of bright light that exploded on contact, along with lines of light and sounds that seemed to jump and crash against each being it forced itself passed. Driven back even further than before, the creators knew they could not win and deployed their final weapon. It was a sickly green and purple gas that began to kill the pointy ears as they breathed. So they fled, back into the darkness and deeper into the underground. When the last had finally fled, Oligocene looked around and saw that all the creators were dead, killed by their own weapon, and few tall hard creatures like him were left. Unknowing of what to do, some ventured into the darkness after the pointy ears while others stayed behind to watch over the creators in the mist. Over time some began to go mad with the uncertainty of their lives and not knowing what their purpose was and destroyed themselves. Others, in fear of doing the same, began to go into hibernation to avoid this fate until they were needed again. Alone and not knowing what to do Oligocene did the same and went into hibernation.

In a fraction of time Oligocene began to stir when his hibernation was disturbed by unknown circumstances. He could hear odd noises all around him and screams of panic and terror when he awoke. There stood, in front of him, creatures that were similar to the pointy ears in the way of height and stature, but not in color nor did they have pointy ears. When he began to speak Oligocene could see that none understood. As he looked around Oligocene could see no others like him. He did not see the creators and this worried him. From that worry came fear, fear of the unknown and uncertainty. From that fear came anger, anger of what had happened to him and his kind and the creators. That anger drove him to begin to shout and destroy his surroundings. All around him began to flee until there were no others with him. Oligocene was once more alone in an area of death and destruction and in a place unknown to him. He was no longer in the dark enclosed lands he once knew, but was now in a place of light and open endlessness of space. This was when Oligocene began to wander.

Over the next few hundred years Oligocene learned. He learned the language of the creatures that had uncovered him so many years ago, even though he didn’t speak or understand it all that well, and with that language he learned threw stories told by other travelers of what all he knew. He learned that the creators were called Dwarves and they were at war with the Drow (dark pointy ears). He also learned that this war was thousands of years ago. Oligocene had been in hibernation for over ten thousand years, even though it felt like only an instant. He learned that the Drow still exist and has made it his purpose in life to make sure that they don’t do to this new world what they did to the Dwarves. Oligocene knows that his only obstacles are the ones that could conjure fire and lightning and other sorts of magic. He began to search for a way to counter their power and came across a wanderer that told him of an order that despises mages as much as he does. The wanderer didn’t know the Oligocene Granite of the order, but knew that the members were called Magehunters and they specialize in neutralizing the spell casting of mages. Without their spells Oligocene knows he can destroy the Drow. He set forth to find one of these Magehunters in the hopes that he could be taught their ways. Over time and many travels Oligocene found the location of a master Magehunter that was elderly. With the knowledge he has gathered over the past few hundred years, Oligocene knows that the elderly eagerly want to teach others what they know so their knowledge isn’t lost in time. His only obstacle is that knowledge isn’t given away to the unworthy. It has to be earned. Months of begging and pleading with the old man began to pay off. Seeing that Oligocene would never give up his quest to protect this world from the Drow mages, the elderly hunter finally agreed to teach Oligocene his ways, but only after he has proven himself worthy. Oligocene must pass the three tests given to him in order to learn how to become a Magehunter. The first test is….

27New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Legendary

Legendary

For those of you that don’t like my long backgrounds, or simply just don’t want to read it here is a shorter version of it.

Oligocene Granite was created over ten thousand years ago. He went into hibernation after the dwarves that created him were destroyed by their own weapon while trying to fend off the drow mages. Awakened during an excavation that uncovered him, he wandered the lands learning enough common to communicate and trying to find a way to stop the drow. He unearthed a society that hunt mages. He is trying to become a pupil of one of these hunters. He must prove himself worthy of the teachings and must pass three tests.

zulugm1

zulugm1

What The Hell does a 10 thousand year old golem have to do with a low level campaign like Mine. Now I thank you for the concept. The story is great, but uhhh, what am I supposed to do with such an artifact.

Look, here's how it would logically breakdown. You've lived through the drow/drawven wars which happened over 10 thousand years ago. your body automaticaly is resistant to certain types of magic and physical damage is not a worry. This leaves the DM with problems.

1. The very fact that you still exist and awaken from you slumber leaves me to think that whatever destroyed the rest of your sleeping buddies is coming after you. Big trouble for low ranking characters, as they die casually in the wake of your combat.

2. You are now a relic of a time when the great magics were performed or great Alchemy. Who wants to use you. E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. You've just made the party the target of every good, bad or netruel grand mage and alchemist on the continent. Not to mention some Demon Lords.

3 Experience points. Ok you've been sleeping for most of those 10 thousand years, I got that. Your a freaking construct, you were created with certain abilities. In order to fight the Drow you would have to be very powerful from the get go. In other words, physical damage does nothing to you, magic resistance extremely high to the dark magic drows use, weapons skills almost mastered if not mastered and on and on. Totally lopsided game. You've experienced that with me before. The giant you played drew creatures that only he could handle, you ran away and the party had to handle it until you returned with a plan. Then the complaint was I always attacked the 10 ft tall opponent first instead of taking out the smaller obstacles. Question (scrathing my head again)

And Last but not least:
4 If you read the first few blogs I wrote to explain my new game outlines for characters, you should realize this character is WAAAAAAY outside what I need. So if this was a joke, this is me laughing Laughing . if not this is me laughing Laughing .

Thanks For the NPC....

29New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Julian “The Fist” Prognatus is son to Joshua & Josephina Prognatus. Joshua is the town black/weapon smith and as such Julian works for his father as his apprentice. Julian especially likes to do the horseshoes because afterwards he gets to ride the horse, in order to ensure the safety of the owner of course. When he’s not busy running errands or doing his duties, Julian often challenges other boys to fights in order to make a little bit of copper on the side. The fights last until one person falls or submits and no one is seriously hurt, just bumps and bruises and a little bleeding. He is just a typical everyday guy that really only has one “fault” about him. He is always contemplating what his role in life is and why people exist and what happens when someone dies. Unfortunately there are no scholars around to teach him of such things. There is religion and he goes to the gatherings, but he just doesn’t feel the spiritual energy he expects, so he does the next best thing, he tries to better himself in mind as well as body. The body part comes natural to him with his working and fights, but the mind is much harder to better. He is unable to read or write, even though there are no books around to read even if he could. So he uses the skill available to him. He learns how things work and are put together in his works and tries to envision different ways to do such. And in his fights he tries to think of different ways to defeat his opponent.

30New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty idk about beserker rage Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

What I had in mind wen I envision the character was a an empowerment by using their own vitality, I.e. the way mages do to fuel their spells using their fatigue..
My character would use his endurance instead ofcourse to enhance his attack and defensive capabilities, the bloodletting and beserking maybe an overshot...

Last edited by Talis of Stormfall on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total

31New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Scottish and kilt wearing he will be. More fun to role play.

Sidekick sounds great, and would not have expected more than provided.
- On a counter My guy could have spent several years on the surface whitch granted him some language skill?

Re-read my post.
I am not a direct decendant. No royalty on my end just a member of a Dwarven clan. My Moms gave me the name hoping it would help me out in life. Elevate my status. Also like how the Muslums use Mahamed.

Even though Bran is an outcast his clan pride is strong and wears the emprodiered clan colors of his kilt with pride of who he is and a reminder of what he need to get back.

I want him to be a gunner tinker. Hence the Dragon rifle reference.
- Not sure how to speck the toon out...150 exp helps.

Figure Dex and Int would be my highest? Tinkerer, what stat would that be based off?

Also. not too sure on character creation, will you rolw my stats or I? If I can someone help me out....Think I only rolled two toons for DQ.

Lem gave me the DQ book a wile back. Also, I only played DQ a couple of times. Very Noobish.

My email is PMed to you.

zulugm1

zulugm1

I loved the response this weekend to my game and the chance to hear all the old voices again BUT as some of you know I am starting a laundry business and It looks like business will be extremely good. I have to wait on more responses but I've hit a niche that will surely keep my whole family busy 6 days a week.

As you can see my time will be taken up with starting this business. It's probably an indication from God about where I should place my energy, especially at this time in my life.

I am extremely thankful to you all for the memories of games past and characters I will never forget but it is time for me to let that part of my life lie and move on.

With much love.. Zulugm1

Call me anytime... Tom

33New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:49 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Best of luck old man, c u around...

34New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Sounds great. Wish the best for you in the new biz.

Even though you cant play the dice feel free to periodically check these forums to keep in touch and read about our exploits.

35New  Game?? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Game?? Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Laundry business huh? Shocked Nice, good luck with that. Very Happy What's the name? (Just in case I'm ever in Texas...probably never...) Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum