CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic

+4
GoRoboNow
Leetin McBeatin
Random
The Serpent
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Okay... The World will be called Urth and on Urth there is no greater force than magic but not all can wield this great power. Those that can are revered and elevated to positions of importance. You all are from a small town in the frontier lands and are about to begin your true quest.

All races are available and I will be open to most character concepts. I will be playing on Tuesday nights. Looking for no more than six players. Characters will be starting with 2000xp and Read/write and speak common at rank 2.

2Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:11 am

Random

Random

can i give up my read and write rank 2 to become el beasto beasto in unarmed combat or something else that well help power me up

3Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:28 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I should be available

4Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 pm

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

I am up for it.

http://www.gorobonow.com

5Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

im in, posting character concept tonite...

6Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

FYI: The game will be run through SKYPE and DiceLog. I might be open to the occasional game in person at Kings Games but primarily we will be trying this online.

@Random: I suggest not getting rid of your minor reading and writing skills but if you feel strongly about it I'm cool with it.

@Everyone: I need backgrounds!

7Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I need help creating me guy. Im off of wrk tmrrw

8Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

cool, I think I'm off too. You want to hang at Kings or something?

9Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:36 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

The coastal town of Zan Antsworth sits on the edge of the Yellow Ocean, nearly twenty miles from the nearest Mage's Tower and its ever vigilent Watchmen. With no Watchmen closer than two days travel the town has developed an easy lenience with the law. On planet Urth such a thing as the old wild west towns of Earth are unheard of yet if one was privy to such terms they would fit Zan Antsworth. There are those that find it the perfect place to hide from the zealous lawbringers of The Mage Prefecture. The town that borders on lawlessness is where our story starts. This land of Magic is where some stories will end...

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

Blessed by silver

The court of Denton was bustling with excitement. Word of a child blessed by silver had been spread across the land. Magic would sometimes find particular children and bless them with a mineral or an animal. They would be attuned with a certain kind of rare magic that would not be known until they came of age.

"This is a good omen" preached lord En to his people in the court. The Sphinx Neti, his familiar, stood at his side.
"Magic shapes us, binds us to the world and blesses us..." Lord En paused as the doors swung wildly open; the crowd parted for a man and woman rushed through. The man wore dark blue robes embroidered with a key and wore clean slick white shoes that shined in the sun, while the woman wore a heart embroidered breast plate with an armored skirt and a golden tiara on her fore head, their clothing was much more presentable when compared to the townsfolk. Their manner of dress was foreign, but known to many. "You hail from Penthos" stated the Lord. “Why do Mages of the Blue roam so far away?”

Penthos, the city of magic.

“We are but humble mages of the black on our walk about” Stated the woman, “I am Titania, Daughter of Jax, Sword to the Pulse.” An awkward silence came over the crowd as the man stared at the Sphinx lost in thought until Titania elbowed him.

“Oh, how terribly rude of me” said the man apologetically, “You may call me Rwyl, son of Braxton, High Mage of the Key, like my comrade said we are on are walk about of the land to become true mages of sword and magic. We do not mean to interrupt your ceremony... Is that your sphinx?”

“Who is thy without whit, that will surely lose their tongue?” replied the Sphinx.

“Neti, don’t be rude”, the lord said to the Sphinx. “I am sorry but we are one, her and I, she doesn’t belong to anyone, she is me and I am her, but I do believe that you haven’t introduced you entire party.”

Titania and Rwyl gave half glances at each other but didn’t reply.

The Sphinx flapped its large wings and a child appeared before them, scared from having his magic scattered into the wind. The crowd gasped. He had hair and eyes of silver, and a complexion of oak. He was dressed in basic red robes similar to Rwyl. With watered eyes he quickly ran to Titania and his behind her steel skirt.

“We found him in the road…” Titania said reluctantly. “Walking north, we couldn’t leave him be, we saw this town and thought we could rest for the night.”

“The child blessed by silver, this is a good Omen, tonight we shall have a feast” The lord exclaimed as he and the crowd ushered the travelers into his keep.

As the townsfolk shared meat and mead, the Lord En’s guards ushered the travelers into a chamber to have a conference with the Lord.

“What is your true reason for being here” the lord spat as they came in, “What danger have you brought upon us?”

Before Titania or Rwyl could answer the Sphinx queried, “What comes from the sky, metal and fierce, wielding a blade moaning with grief?”

The captain of the guard, Rowan, stepped forward “The Barbarian of the Unicorn cannot be…”

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Orbs of lightning littered across the keep disintegrating all it touched before they died with booming.

Large metal dragons full of magic and mages filled the sky.

“We had to bring the child here, to protect him.” said Rwyl, “They want him for unknown evil.”

Lord En was quick and resourceful. As soon as he saw the travelers he knew the child of silver was with them and gestured to his porter to have the battle mages to be ready within the towers of the keep. “Preparations are in order” he said as a barrier of magic engulfed the keeps walls and people, “but that will not hold them for long. We must get him to Penthos and at once. Follow me.” He said as he opened a secret passageway. “This leads straight to Penthos, Rowan go with them keep them safe.”

“But my lord, I must stay here and defend our land.”

“No, you must protect the child, and I must protect my castle.” He waved his hands and a staff of light appeared. The sphinx flapped its wings and forced the travelers along with his guard into the passage. “Protect him for good magic must prevail!” he said before the passage sealed itself.

The party ran down the passage all around them they heard the giggle of Goblins and the screams of the fallen. As they reached the end of the tunnel it lead out to an open field filled with Goblins and Orcs. Standing in the center of this was the Barbarian donned in black leather and wielding a staff with a spiral tip.

“Give me the Child!” The Barbarian yelled.

Titania placed her hand over her heart and pulled out a sword of magic, while Rwyl’s hands began to glow as he made signs.

With a swift swipe of the Barbarians lance a wave a black pushed all 4 members of the party to the ground, writhing with pain. The child’s eyes and hair began to glow and a wave of silver energy burst forth turning all who would harm him into dust. When the wave approached the barbarian he struck his staff into the earth and formed a barrier that hardened as the silver light touched it, keeping him frozen, in suspended animation, frozen in agony.

Soon after the troop made it to the city and told their tale to the mages of blue who adopted the young boy blessed by silver and named himself Cocoro of the Silver Key.

11Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Sojourn of the few by Teiigan Mac'Luur Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Every once in a wile a troop of stout rugged, crass, boisterous, rude, crude, mean and above all loyal soldiers take a journey. Some call it a pilgrimage, but in these lands no one is weak enough to be considered a pilgrim. We of the Clans call it a Sojourn not a journey for the grim. Fifty strong set out to start a new home warriors and masons all the troop made up of engineers, alchemists, healers, herbalist. All bearing skills necessary for this new beginning. Now in these low and dangerous lands sojourns are not common. Maye once a generation such an endeavor is taken. less than this it successful.

The Journey is taken about once every 200 years. In failure there is success.

The constant hordes of the wretched that uselessly batter at our ancient and immense gates are always slaughtered before each Sojourn, and it up to the Troop to clear the path to their new home.

The latest of such is about to depart now. The doors are cleared and in this case home is not unknown. In the past 1,000 years 3 Sojourns took place and each had a copy of a map to one of our ancient and lost Thaigs. All hopes that after so long we can reclaim our birthrights and history.

- The Lost journal entries from Teigan Mac'Luur of the Mac'Luur clan:

Fifty set out 10 died before we were even half way there. The map is old and paths no longer exist. we must find alternate routes or create our own. We find some clues to those who came before us. Which pushes us further into our Journey. Months have passed with little rest. We were praised as the Heroes who will reclaim that which was lost.

History is sketchy and obscure, why is it that the past three Sojourns never returned with news? The elders are bent on this discovery. Why lies in that which has been forgotten. Let the dead be.

We found one of our grand highways. We are back on course and if all goes well this will take us directly there.

Life was a little bleak for a time, we unearthed a nest of the horde and they went about hunting us. The wretched know our homes better than us. We are lost here, only depending on a map of old. At the end they were slaughtered at the cost of 5 and our leader.

Days went by wile we bickered on who should replace.

The Highway is a boon to our adventure and was a wise move in trying to re-discover it. The map serves us little in these weeks and all is calm. We are half our original, supplies are bountiful and death has followed in our wake.

Some skirmishes has taken place in the coming months. The road stays true to course and old barley legible signs guild us.

Now that was are half my skills have been Noticed and praised. Being the youngest in the troop earned me much disdain amongst the veterans. Being the most trusted apprentice of Master Smith of Weapons Throc has earned me my right. My skill in the Dragon Rifle earned me my respect.

Its been a year since the Thaig has been found, and 3 to establish a secure sanctuary. I cant even remember the last three years. No sleep, and constant harassment by what we now call "The creepers", the current occupiers of our home. A lot has been revealed and the wisest will decipher the ancient texts.

The Drums don't end, the ceaseless drumming.

All is lost, we are a few. New horrors have shown themselves. these creepers were just food for the true occupants.

That was the last Journal entry of the lost troop.

Our story starts 6 years after the events that took place at Cadash Thaig with an unexpected Hero, Teiiigan.

12Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 pm

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

Are we playing tonight? I don't have any of your Skype info.

13Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:47 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Our cast of characters begin to reveal themselves to me, Our Fateful Narrator. I must admit I am curious about how these strange characters will mesh and how will their antagonist effect the world and the unfortunate characters that live within it.

Characters:
Cocoro of the Silver Key- Human Mage, born touched by magic itself. Adopted by The Magi of The Blue, wardens of Penthos, and sent on his spirit walk to find his power and totem familiar... Sounds good, what school of magic does he study?

Teigan Mac'Luur-
Dwarven smith and lost survivor of The Fall of Cadash Thaig. Home is a long ways away possible out of reach without a proper Sojourn to guide illuminate the path... How has your character adapted, is he an angry drunk that wanders the streets of Zan Antsworth or have you opened a shop and made yourself home in the face of exile?

@Everyone- Is there no one else!?

14Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Long time no see everyone Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

I'll play if your willing to have me. Give me some time to think up a concept for my character.

15Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

I was thinking some kind or force or celestial magic. What magic do you think works well with the character? What system are we using? DQ?

16Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:24 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Good question about my current situation. Who is he now?

Maybe tomorrow I'll have some insight.

Depending on the points I might want to give him some minor magic. I have idea's and need to read the schools again.

He is an archer but does not use bow and arrows. and has the knowledge of the dragon powder a necessary ingredient in the use of the Dragon Rifle. My magic if taken will revolve around this.

17Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Random

Random

i still think the magic sucks in DQ

18Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Character Deadline- Saturday Morning!

19Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Just thinking that Teigans life for the past 6 years needs to be decided after he is created.

His past is a fact and I will need to figure out what level of skill is needed to allow him to be the person his history says. Any remaining exp points can be used in who he became in the past 6 years.

Figure this makes sense. Comment are welcome.

20Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Question about the rules for magic Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 pm

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

In DQ i read that magic isint affected by an opponents def, we we going by those rules along with magical resistance?

Below are the rules im talking about:

[33.3] The Cast Chance of a spell is
affected only by the modifiers listed
in 27.7 and by those modifiers listed for
each College individually.
It is never affected by those modifiers
listed in 17.6.

[17.6] Each attack type (Ranged, Melee,
or Close) has its own list of Strike
Chance modifications.
After calculating the attacker's Strike
Chance and subtracting the defender's Defense,
the Strike Chance Modifiers Summary should
be consulted to see if any situations exist which
could further modify the Strike Chance.
Example: Rolf the Barbarian is Melee
attacking the White Mouser, a lithe figure with
high Agility. Rolf is using a broadsword (which
he wields at Rank 3), and has a modified
Manual Dexterity of 15. The Mouser has a
modified Agility of 18 and is using a Main
Gauche (which he wields at Rank 2). Rolf's
Strike Chance is [55+15+(3x4%)]= 82%. The
Mouser's Defense Rating is [18+ (2x2%)]=22%,
which is subtracted from Rolf's Strike Chance
since he is attacking the Mouser through the
Mouser's Melee Zone (if he was attacking him
through one of his rear hexes, the 4% extra for
the Main Gauche would not count and the
Defense would be 18%). But, furthermore, the
Mouser is kneeling (a +20 from the Melee
Combat Modifiers Chart), so receives a
Modified Strike Chance of 82 22+20 = 80%.

21Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Magic doesn't care about your defense stat, all magic wonders is are you allowed to resist? Resistance is an MA roll done by the defender at their Magic Aptitude with no multiplied. Spellcaster rolls for success victim rolls to resist, outside modifiers not withstanding.

22Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Who will be around tomorrow at Kings?

23Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 am

Random

Random

i can make it

24Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 am

GoRoboNow

GoRoboNow

I can make it too

25Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Empty Re: Sword, Shield and The Lords of Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Sorry, cant make it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum