CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thar bee Deamons, Lords

+2
The Serpent
Leetin McBeatin
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Thar bee Deamons, Lords Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The 3rd Era of Man was considered the most progressive in history. Magics and Science was at its peak in known history. The 3rd era was the only time when all the races found peace and shared many if their ancient arts and secrets. The mage became the Hero of that age, the age which is now known as the last age of man.

As scholars look back we all see how blind we were to the glam and glitter of magic, we became consumed with the trinkets and gifts. How we were so blind....

Today is just that. The new age; and it does not belong to man. Some call it the age of gods, the age when the gods abandoned us for our blindness. Our suffering is of our own making. Non can be blamed except for the Wizards.

Magic has cursed and binded us to the dark ones, the new gods.

This is an age of the Deamon Princes, powerful god like beings that were allowed into our dimension through our own greed. We all accepted their gifts and now they demand our worship and homage.

The world is not ravaged by the lords, this is a time of their absolute rule. Not all the Deamon Lords are w"holey" Evil. The new Gods have more of an active role in our daily lives, some are seen others were never seen just felt.

Get creative on your Deamon god, who do you worship. it can be powerful or weak, deceptive or magical. The gods are here and they rule from their Ivory Towers.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

feel free to ask your questions and leave comments. Our plan is this weekend sometime...its also raining. Maybe Friday Night?

2Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

In this age Man are not the only lords. Beasts rule.

There is the rumored City of Thalu'uk which is ruled by Illithids, and the people are happily food for thought.

In everyday life the untolerable tolerate you in harmony and bliss. In short life is hard, very hard. To reflect this every player starts at 3-5th level (randomly chosen). This also means that there are no such thing as the Zero level mope. To be a Hero one needs to be extraordinary; hence the levels. The party will start with the potential of being something great and also competing with a harder class of society.

In general, I will keep the world of CnC as we know it, but with the twists mentioned. Life is also darker and the new age proceeds the 3rd age, an age of enlightenment.

I am considering allowing each person to choose an animalistic feature. This is a genetic remenance of the dark pack that your ancestors chose. In your case they are not really affective, just a visual trait.

More to come as I think of it.

UPDATED on April 19th ........................

Even though the world is ruled by the Nether many factions wage for favor to ones Lord(s). It is even common for two factions to fight each other for the same Prince.

. In these days man and beast fight side by side
. Not all factions worship the princes, Pagans do exist
. Creatures can be good, acceptance into society has changed their demeanor
. Not all Deamon Lords require priests and/or direct worship. Contracts might just be enough.
. The Dwarves remain strong in their Holds. Many of the old races have taken refuge with them for protection.
. Elves and man are strong allies, often living together
. Mages are scorned for past deeds
. Weaker magical items are very common, thanks to the Last era of man
. Orcs and goblins reproduce fast.They have strongholds, cities, armies and also tend to be cattle to the more powerful.
. Many of the more powerful creatures have names and followers
. Battles are common and mostly serve no purpose; random events for one Lords pleasure
. Deamons and devils are all the same race. Not all lords are Chaotic.
. I will use the encumbrance rules on gold carried, no more carrying 20,000 g.p. in you pocket
. Traits of the past can be seen on the races of man, feel free to choose a visual one.

Last edited by Leetin McBeatin on Tue May 01, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I made updates to the list)

3Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm leaning towards Thief, Cleric or Thief/Cleric not sure about my patron deity yet... it will play a big roll in who my character will be.

4Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

You can make your lord up, just remember the theme. The gods as we know them are now the old gods. Law/chaos both have dominion on this realm, so there is balance. Was not feeling a total Chaos theme.

I plan on creating some Princes, since they are all powerful. Will mostly use the standard D&D Demons/Devils.

You can be a straight up priest (thief) of said lord (Prince) or you can be bound by contract or bound by contract from past generations. Your Great grandfather could have sold his lineage for untold powers. Rumpelstiltskin could have been involved

Get creative.

5Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Shattering Stix of The Dead Vastwood

Stix is the twin brother of Spore Forever of The Living Vastwood. As one is life and birth the other is death ad decay, two halves of the same coin. The coin being the most ancient of fae magiks.

It is said that the elves of old dreamed of many things both light, dark and, defying designation when they entered their sleepless sleep. One of those things of undefined and undefinable natures was The Spirit of Vastwood, an ancient entity that existed within the very fabric of the neverending forest. The Spirit like the all natural things was both a bringer of life and a breather of death. It asked not for worship or acknowledgment but existed oblivious of the comings and goings of the lesser Fae. It lived within the bark of the Vastwood as well as the dreamstuff of the elves until man, in his infinite ability to destroy, fell upon the old forest with ax and fire. The endless forest met its demise and man erected his mighty cities in its place. The wild elves retreated to the small woods and minor forest that remained of the old Vastwood and those elves that embraced 'civilization' joined man in his domain.

The elves still dreamed, old magik still surged, the old spirit still burned. The first elven dreams of Spore were of verdant expanses swelling with roiling life. Those that saw him could not recognize the old specter for he was changed, diminished, and weak. Where those dreamers walked nature thrived and The Vastwood lived. He became a lesser god of sorts, a nature entity that brought hope to the people of he woodlands. Few of the city elves dreamed anymore but some still held a touch of the old ways. These individuals did dream but the fearful darkness that swept over them told of death and the ravages of the elements. They spoke of the dark watcher that promised oozing slimy consumption and where they stepped iron rusted, food spoiled, and air became foul. Stix had become a Fae Demon a nature entity like his other half.

No one knows what truly transpired at the end of The 3rd Era. No one understands how reckless magic tore and bent the natural laws. No on knows why man and elf alike see Stix in the waking world but those wise enough to offer up their eternal allegiance received the power of natural destruction as a boon by a dream made real.

6Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

After writing about my personal Demon Lord I no longer see a human thief, priest or thief/priest. I'm thinking of an elven paladin of a more lawful evil bent though a lawful neutral paladin seems more congruent. Maybe a druid or even a barbarian... maybe I'll be a goblin that caught a glimpse of Shattering Stix... hmmm.

7Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Goblin Paladin
Elven Paladin
Goblin Barbarian
Elven Druid
Goblin Ranger...

8Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I got the chills reading this. Did I ever mention that you should write?

I works cause the Vastwood no longer exists and the Shattering Six does. Niice.

You choose:

The Goblins are one of and still the the lowest lifeforms on the Prime, especially since Beast has spawned in greater abundance since the Coming of The lords.

Elves are a shadow of what they used to be, most of their ancient secrets were released to the world in order to survive and continue to exist.

Goblin Paladin: If this is chosen you will be truly unique, a beast of Chaos who follows the path of law. This is why one is not cattle like the rest.
Elven Paladin: Stix is an old god of the woods and Elves live long enough to remember. The Elves would be the most likely to still tell tales of the Wood.
Goblin Barbarian: Chaos and nature all in one. Magic is abundant, and wizards are rare.
Elven Druid: The last of an order a grove that no longer exists to the outside world. An ancient sentinel.
Goblin Ranger: This is the oddest, a god amongst goblinkin

The Deamon Princes now rule. Their dominance does not yet hold sway over nature and the Vastwood transcends time and Dimension. It always was and will be.

9Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty The Lords and Princes Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

This post will be updated periodically, so feel free to always read up on the Dar ones.

The Lords of Shadows - Nocturne
Worshipers call upon the many lords as Nocturne, they are one. They are many and are one.

The Prince of Deceit
Chaos, The ever-changing. Destruction of law...Deceit

The Below can be found in the Wiki Article Below: Feel free to us any or all in the article and one of your creation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_lord_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

Shattering of The Vastwood
Twin brothers Spore and Stix. As one is life and birth the other is death ad decay, two halves of the same coin. The coin being the most ancient of fae magiks.

The Prince of Demons -Demogorgon
Demogorgon is also known as Lord of All That Swims in Darkness

Prince of the undead - Orcus

The Ebon Lord - Graz'zt
the Ebon Lord founded a new mongrel empire, forsaking his kin in an effort to enslave any and all of the demon breeds.

The Prince of Vermin - Obox-ob
Obox-ob despises the tanar'ri and hopes to cleanse them from the Abyss, taking back his title from Demogorgon

Queen of the Succubi - Malcanthet

The Prince of Beasts and the Demon Lord of Minotaurs - Baphomet

Demon Queen of Harpies - Ardat the Unavowed

Demon Prince, the Demon Lord of Gnolls - Yeenoghu
the bestial embodiment of savage butchery

10Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

So just for clarification, we are creating our own deamon that our character to serves?

11Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yes, or no.

You can choose a god of old, just the demons rules the stars. You can pick a preexisting Demon, or you can create your own.

You dont have to be a worshiper, as stated above you can be willfully or non willfully bound to a Deamon.

Feel creative and choose your own terms. history and background.

Whats your idea? Any thought on your character?

12Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

i'll try to have my background by saturday, are we playing?

13Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:02 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I would like to. Were and when?

Were I guess Saturday

When I guess Saturday

Haa, Were will we play?

Mr Bubble in the Dark was supposed to gather the crew. I am not sure who is playing except for two (actually 3, but it dont rhyme), on makes you and Bubble two.

14Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Chapter One: Greed Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Our story begins with a trilogy of merry adventurers, two strong in faith and one of none.
The goal was common, all aGreed.
Were do they go; to the Hills a place of no trees.
The road is long, the journey is great; what can help .... two minions of eight.

The pace is slow, the wolf always knows; ha were do they go.
The Hills, they all aGreed.
Night falls upon them, two have faith in the wolf.
A lone traveler is spied, one who does not hide; fate declares that one shall be blind.

South they shall go, were ... no one knows; they all aGreed.
The killing fields are seen, non alive; in the distance the survivors scream.
Deals are made and as they descend unto the camp in the glade.

Night falls upon them, a truce is found with those still around.
The enemy is weak, Child's Play at the least; they all agreed.
Deceit, deceit, deceit.

What will happen next Sunday when this non-sensible tale is told again?

15Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Salem Darkwatch

His sword brought death to yet another of the foolish heretics. The Monastery was smaller than most thus making itself the perfect target for the Darkwatch. He cleaned the blood from his longsword, Witch Seeker,and surveyed the silent courtyard. Ten priest lay dead, ten souls claimed in the name of The Darkwatch Code. He was once part of an order but that was long ago. Before he found the Decaying City, before Stixx stole into his dreams. Even at that moment of victory as the monastery gates lay broken, its holy relics and secrets no longer guarded, he could hear Shattering Stixx creaking through the Dead Vastwood. That was his cursed cross to bare. He followed the code of a forgotten order and was the thrall to a forgotten nightmare.

Joining The Order of The Darkwatch was his decision. He believed. Their goal was the righteous on: Lay asunder all that would horde their magics and secrets, all that follow in the tainted footsteps of the Magi of old. It was the hubris of Magic-Users that brought about The Black-Era and that kind of vanity could never be allowed again. Any cabal, coven, or order that lorded over secret magics would meet violent, bloody and foul ends at the hands of The Darkwatch. Their secrets will be left for all to see and their magic claimed by Paladins that provided death. Salem had grown up with tales of the 3rd-Era, the era before the demons' reign, and in his heart joining The Darkwatch was the only way to make others suffer for the plight of the worlds. By any means necessary.

Bonding his soul to The Spirit of The Dead Vastwood was a horrible mistake. There had been a woman, a witch of a powerful coven, whom he wooed and used to lead him to their seat of power. The journey had been enjoyable and the time spent between her legs made those cold nights bearable. It was after she'd led him to The Decaying City and he penetrated her for the last time with the point of Witch Seeker that he felt something. He had first thought he was being attacked by contingent magics but he was not harmed just... whispered to. As he spent the next two days searching the ruins and slaying the enemies of the code the whispers would sometimes fade and sometimes become deafening roars. It was loudest after he'd faced the coven's inner circle and could barely claim to have escaped with his life. Lying in an abandoned cellar, tending wounds wrought with magic fires, a living darkness crept into his peripheral and struck him with a deep and tormented sleep. It is in dreams that The Fae Magiks are at their strongest, It is in deep sleep that man is most vulnerable. It was then that the spirit grappled onto Salem's soul like a leech and began to sustain its life through his nightmares.

As the monastery burned he stood backlit by flames. He sated the code, their secrets were now there for anyone to claim. He raised Witch Seeker, the blade given the night he took The Oath of The Darkwatch, and took solace in the knowledge that his cause was still championed. He spoke The Code aloud and stared skyward towards the gods of old whom had fled the Demon Lords and their powers. They might never return but he bloodied his weapon to pave their way back. Maybe they could set the worlds right once again... maybe they could stop the old, creaking and rotting forest from haunting his nightmares.

16Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue May 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

1,000 exp receivable now.

Good background

17Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue May 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

No rhymes today.

The first chapter came to completion, the trinity is broken. One survives through fear and desperation.
The darkness found its way into all their hearts. As they all lay in stillness and content the one, a holy warrior of a dead god was given a second chance.

The number three is a power number. As one they are non, as three they might have won.

A new chapter begins.

18Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

It was mostly desperation and an assessment of current HP vs The Odds of victory. 4+ Carrionettes, a skeleton Magi and who knew what against me and my 6 HP... "He, who fights and runs away, lives to loot the following day"!

19Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

sounds much like throwing a boney mage down into an unknown abyss behind a skeleton...desperate times call for desperate measures lol!!!

20Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Haaa, That was a great time...HAAA

Naa, Grom just ran, ran, and ran until he got sapped...haa

21Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri May 11, 2012 7:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Ahhh, good times with chaotic wizard The Mad Drake... one of the best campaigns I've played in/run.

By the way, I retreated because everyone else was assed out. I attacked and pulled back and GM stated I fled like a coward(which doesn't bother me, its always the Game Master's choice). Now I stated 4+ rounds of combat with no support, died and was granted a second lease on life, and was near death. I fled out of pragmatism not cowardice... stop making fun of me! Crying or Very sad

22Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Haaa!

Ok, but you did get sapped.

Might I add that he is a Paladin of a diff ALG

23Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri May 11, 2012 10:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Haaa!

Ok, but you did get sapped.

Lmao, Khourie did, indeed, sap the shit out of me!

24Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Today is Friday, Tomorrow is Saturday and then its play day.

Who is playing and what time?

This week we take a short journey to the hills on the quest for salt. We will travel with our trinity to the salt mines. Who will live, what will die, what mysteries will be discovered?

The main question is...will they make it into the deep mines and discover the truth..

25Thar bee Deamons, Lords  Empty Re: Thar bee Deamons, Lords Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

No-No and I are ready to play. We're ready to claim that salt and bust some heads in the process. Did you ever get a new phone what's the number?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum