CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labyrinth Lords

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Labyrinth Lords Empty Labyrinth Lords Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

So this Thursday I spent the evening at Brooklyn Strategist playing a game of Labyrinth Lords with a guy I met there and his roleplaying circle. First let me say that it was weird being the youngest player at the table. These guys were talking about roleplaying in their late teens in the early eighties when most of us weren’t even born yet. Trippy. The only guy even close to my age is about to finish Law School. Yup, I was the underachiever of the bunch.

Labyrinth Lords:

The game is a simplified version of the original D&D. It’s weird, we started with feats & skills and this game has none of that. I’m talking THAC0, for those of you who know what that is, and prerequisites. It’s really old school. You roll stats first and once you assign your numbers then you determine whether you have the prerequisites to be a non-human race(example: to be a dwarf you have to have at least a 9 CON). Once you have your race you have to choose a class that is available to your chosen race. Basic classes (fighter, cleric, magic-user, thief) are easily available but specializations (ranger, monk, paladin, assassin, druid, and illusionist) all require prerequisites and they are serious (illusionist: DEX-18, INT-15)! Fighters have no abilities; Thieves are the only class to have skills. Very, very old school.

The Game:

The GM is a little boring and seems to lack much in the area of creating imagery. He was running a module made popular by a magazine that was probably old before were we clum babies, lol. ‘White Dwarf’ or something like that. The group was very funny and it reminded me of playing with you guys. I had fun but part of me is entertaining stealing this guys group, like Random always claims I do… I was brought in halfway through the adventure so I literally explored the first floor of a castle cleared by the party already, which was good because I’m a level 1 Illusionist with 5 hp and one spell day (Illusionist don’t get Magic Missile…). By the time we got to a fight Brooklyn Strategist should have been locking up but the cute bookish girl who staffs the place at night was busy playing board games with one of the player’s girlfriend and her sister. Cute nerd pussy everywhere!

I think I’m going to play another session but I’ve been reminded of what we used to have. We need to set up a weekly game.

2Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Random

Random

i would do a weekly game if it was like during the week or something not sure how my weekends are, i have a lot of trips and vaction type things going on.

ps im KICKING LEMS ASS in words with friend just wanted to point that out. 2 wins both over like 100 points and 1 close but no cigar for lem game that were having now. im just point that out to all

3Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random wrote:i would do a weekly game if it was like during the week or something not sure how my weekends are, i have a lot of trips and vaction type things going on.

ps im KICKING LEMS ASS in words with friend just wanted to point that out. 2 wins both over like 100 points and 1 close but no cigar for lem game that were having now. im just point that out to all

It's driving me crazy! The fucker can't read or write but he is beating the shit out of me in words with friends. On that note Alan is kind of a beast in Ruzzles... what is this world coming to. Maybe this is what the Maya were talking about.

4Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:00 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Yeah, you had me at cute nerd pussy, being the only single guy in this group. What's the world coming to?

That aside, yes, glad to see you accepting my Ruzzle beastly-ness. Also, make sure it's Random playing and not his girlfriend. Lol.

5Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Been there wit lem a couple weeks ago. Its a chill spot and def a place to eet nerd pussy.

6Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

It's funny, I've lived very close to Brooklyn Strategist for the last year now and I haven't been there once. I need to swing by and see what's what. I just hate that they charge to use their space and not cheaply either. I believe it's $75 a night... too rich for my blood.

7Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Tue May 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Vashir

Vashir

ive been by there once but it was already close. didn't get the chance to go inside

8Labyrinth Lords Empty Re: Labyrinth Lords Tue May 19, 2015 7:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Great place, expensive but great atmosphere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum