CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall of The Sword Prince

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fall of The Sword Prince Empty Fall of The Sword Prince Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

"Come, Swine of Indra, draw your sword and let this conest begin! The Matron Mother has offered the most sacred prize for your heads, a place in The Hall of the Family. You've passed through it. I cleared the way. She offers a place in House R'Van history. And I intend to collect." declares the Drow covered in tattoos from the waist up. In his hands are two scimitar eager to feel the winds of combat. The Sword Prince, Scion of Indra, does indeed step forward.

"What of your jackels, eagerly fingering their weapons? What happens when I kill you? Will they fall on us like demons thrusting for vengeance?" he asked. He looks from the waiting 24 Drow warriors and his motley crew of eight adventurers, sometimes known as The Dragon Slayers.

"That would be up to them." laughed the tattooed Drow. "Come, I grow eager to claim my reward."

"How could a fool with no name dare to challenge a true warrior?" asked Jayden Angelslayer. The Pact Sword nearly vibrated in his hand reflecting his desire to fight.

"My name is Vesper! The Matron Mother cares nothing for me for I am but a male but a male that slays those that threaten The House, those that put fear in the great Talimayne, is someone to be acknowledged. What would a mere dog like you know of such things."

"Dog!? Talis, let me fight him."

"No, Jayden, my honor won't allow it."

"Yes, Jayden let your master handle things. Be a good boy."

"Talis!"

"No! Vesper I would have a moment."

"Of course, pray to your storm god." the tattooed Drow holds the symbol around his neck, a symbol from a world he'd never seen of day and night, sun and moon. He prayed to his personal goddess, Ratri the elven Goddess of Night.

Sinn restrains Jayden who, true to his brutish bloodline, is finding it hard to control himself. Talis sits with his blade, Bloodstorm, across his lap and clears his mind. Minutes pass and the gathered assemblage waits for the coming spectacle.

In a blinding flash the two warriors are locked in mortal combat. Prince and Tornado, surface elf and dark elf, Talis and Vesper. Their weapons ring as their deadly dance mystifies many that watch. Talis concentrates as he delivers slash after slash and thrust upon thrust. Vesper smiles and waits. They break away for the barest of moments, just long enough to catch a breath, to swab a brow and again they're on each other like storms of death. Dozens watch as the two swordsmen demonstrate skills born of life within the arena.

Suddenly Talis feints wide before scoring a powerful blow to Vesper's side. Blood trickles down Bloodstorm's blade and she hums in approval. Smugly Talis Stormfall looks into the eyes of his opponent and stares at an unfazed expression.

"What's wrong, Vesper. I expected a bigger chance but I've already bested you. I have your measure. Your style is very much like Jongu's, you lead with your off hand as a guard and attempt to snake in strikes with your trailing sword. I know you, dark-skinned filth, the battle is mine!"

Vesper's smirk widens into a taunting grin.

"Is that so, Indra's Piglet? So you are versed in the intricacies of swordplay?"

"Indeed, dead man."

"What do you know of Darnin Li?"

Blades echo and resound throughout the room as the two continue their deadly waltz.

"Darnin Li used a technique that utilized swirling feints coupled with a disorienting use of both blades as alternating leads that left most opponents unprepared for his killing blow. Every fledgling duelist has heard of Li's False Lead Style!"

"I have a secret."

"Get to your point! The fight's about to be over!"

"Darnin Li trained me himself."

Talis' guard for the briefest of moments and even as Vesper suddenly changed stance, switching leading blades, recognized a sword style he had only heard spoken of by masters. The opening he presented was mere centimeters wide but allowed the superior skill of the Drow to carve easily through his enchanted armor, his chest and out through his back. The blade cleaved from lung diagonally through the bottom of the armor on the opposite side. As Talis lost consciousness he could again see Vespers mocking smirk.

"Before I killed him..."

If this doen't qualify for one of the greatest moment, i don't know what does.

2Fall of The Sword Prince Empty Re: Fall of The Sword Prince Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

this definitely is one of the best moments in LoTF revisited

3Fall of The Sword Prince Empty Re: Fall of The Sword Prince Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I've been really thinking about which campaign, if any, I could turn into a novel worthy of publication and this scene just keeps coming to mind. This and the leap of faith in the beholder's lair. If I do start writing storybook versions of our exploits it will have to be Land of the Four: Revisited- Journey into the World Below.

4Fall of The Sword Prince Empty Re: Fall of The Sword Prince Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The best moment in the LoTF is when that pesky mage died by that assassin. I think he was fighting two devils single handed and had a good chance of winning wile everyone else in the party ran like little girls.

I personally was not there for that session but heard about it in the grape vine.

Back to the story. A random NPC Character decided it was time to even the odds and and give the poor chain devils a fighting chance. He failed and assassination, but rolled a 20 with a insta-kill.

IO heard that was some great role playing.

5Fall of The Sword Prince Empty Re: Fall of The Sword Prince Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i like the crows. killing kids and their mothers has never been so much fun

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum