CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3

+10
Drunk Flogger
Cambria
Lord Naiilo
Talis of Stormfall
Legendary
Random
Leetin McBeatin
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The story so far...

Our heroes have come from varied and meager beginnings to be know throughout the land of Farstmoor, once known as The Land of the Four, as 'The Dragon Slayers'. They have gathered around them tales of grand feats and followers eager to share in their valor. They defeated the black dragon, Celkariat, in the defense of the small town of Waycombe and set in motion its meteoric economic rise. They established themselves on the battlefronts of the Orc War and assassinated the Orc Cheif, Ghruumishanm, causing the collapse of his army and saving the north from his tyranny. As heroes they slayed, the young green dragon, Briosh, that plagued the forest north of The Coastal Free Cities.

The reknown of The Dragon Slayers has grown. But as a reputation grows it draws the attention of allies as well as adversaries.

The Yellow Mist of The Great Swamp

The Dragon Slayers were handed the task of finding the source of a caustic yellow fog that rolled across the swamps and through the town of Waycombe dragging the living dead in its wake. Diving into the task like the heroes they portray the party finds itself deep within the swamp when they find the ruins of Magasakraam. It is here that they find the ancient Well of Dreams corrupted by Drow and their undead servants. As a momentary fix they massacred the undead creatures that poured barrels of spores able to give unlife to the recently dead into the well that continuosly spewed its tainted fog into the atmosphere. With the undead dealt with the Drow were the party's next target. The ensuing battle saw the death of two priest of an unknown demonic patron and the son of the God King.

Father Justin was thankful for the reprieve but told the party what they already knew, until the drow were stopped they would eventually return and again fill the Well of Dreams with their tainted Undeath Mushrooms. After recouperating The Dragon Slayers set to the task of finding the source of the fungus but with the help of The Ranger, Timber, who's own mission was also leading him into The World Below. He showed the party a little used back way into that world they sought. It was here that the party was waylaid by Chain Devils...

2Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I wish my party and I can never die and we are all maxed level and oh yea Talis doesnt know I made this wish.

3Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:41 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

LOL!!!

4Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

This campaign. You guys have too many enemies. I guess every were you all go more enemies are made than friends. This could turn out to an all out 30 man battle royal between Demons, Drows and Dragons....hmm...what other "D" enemies are there.

When do we play next ?

5Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty the black dragon known as Deep Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:55 am

Random

Random

yeah and we still have this super demon dragon thingy that whiped our asses after we messed up his plain of and all out orc domination. it ate like 5 of us before all the party (what was left of it) ran away i think we dented him before they ran but hes still pissed. hes probly even more pissed that were all made a name for our selfs by killing that so called black dragon.

6Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Deep is never coming back, he knows we slay dragons.

7Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Deep remembers you, Sinn, he already has a taste for you. Caution what you ask for people you may have gotten stronger but so has he.

8Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Deep s the blue dragon that eats party members?
Why does he hate all of you soo much?

They always say that you can always tell your worth by looking at your enemies. My question is why have him as a enemy?

9Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Deep is a shapeshifter that has a number of favorite forms including a horse, a small boy and a huge black scaled Dragon.

The party found and released him when they removed the magical sword that kept him trapped in his tomb. Then almost a year later the party thwarted him when they killed the Orc Cheiftain thus ruining his plans by stopping the Orc Army. In his rage the horse took on its Dragon form and killed all but three members before they could escape.

To him they are his saviors and nemesis. The red sword Bloodstorm is bound to him and seems to thirst for his blood and as long as they have the sword they are his mortal enemy.

10Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Is that he cured Bezerker sword?

11Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

No, that was treasure found on a module

12Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Season 3, Episode 1

John Smith, Talos, and Glem awaken to find themselves beaten, bruised and naked, chained to a vaguely perceived ceiling. Where were they? How did they get there? These thoughts were going through the wounded PC's minds as 3 Chain Devils stepped out the swirling mist that shrouded their prison.

The largest of the trio removed the helmet of his spiked platemail and boasted of defeating the mighty heroes. He spit i John's face and laughed as the once elven warrior struggled to retaliate. It wasn't until the creature licked Talos's face, anticipating the naughty things it would do to the elf that the heroes had an opportunity to react. Talos head butt the devil and in its rage the chains dropped the cleric of Indra. Unarmed yet enraged he joined battle with the creature of chains and evil.

The devils pleaded that if the elf were to be slain the Master would be angered. The Chain Devil known as Ventruu ignored them and continued to assail Talos with blow after blow with his chains. Desperate to intervene without incurring Ventruu's wrath the others released John, Glem, and an unknown human before fading back into the fog. As a group, the party fell upon the creature but proved no better than the near dead cleric. Glem’s selfless act of taking a blow for the elf left him airborne and in the devil’s chains. Ventruu effortlessly tossed the gnome into the fog and pressed the attack.

Glem floated weightlessly within the fog barely able to right himself. Unable to discern up, down, left and right and unable to hear the fight raging Glem chose a direction and forged ahead. He moved forward with no idea of where he was or where he was going. One moment he was moving through the fog, the next he was plummeting to the floor of a room loaded on one side with backpacks, including his own. He quickly found the party’s weapons… but had no way of getting the much need arsenal to them. Desperate and maybe encouraged by The Luck Sword and Sword of Gwen he tossed the blade of uberluckiness into the mist.

As Ventruu began to get into a rhythm of attack/defend/attack a blade of pure luck made solid burst through his chest and layed him low. Talis claimed his Luck Sword and decapitated the angry devil. Not dead but headless he taunted the party as they retreated into the mist. They eventually found Glem (awesome name by the way) and their gear. They then returned to their still captured allies and freed them. That was when the Pit Fiend arrived…

To be Continued!

13Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Season 3, Episode 2

Confronted by a mighty Pit Fiend the party used their power of persuasion and a few lucky Reaction Rolls to convince the devil to take them to his Master. Through the mist they traveled carrying friends and as much equipment they could manage and hoping for an opportunity to escape to present itself. Eventually they arrive in a throne room/chapel and watch as an unknown adventurer is sacrificed and his essence is distilled into an orb known as an Elundar. The Pit Fiend brings the party before a man ravaged by disease and crucified. The man’s body wobbled and shook as it did so the very mist spoke.

The Master, The Desiccated One, spoke of his joy at having the entire party present to witness their transformation and his intent to turn them all into Elundari. The orbs were used to travel the planes as well as bestowing great power on to their wielders. He planned to break through to the prime material plane and exert his influence among the populous and he needed the strength of heroes to create Elundari strong enough to meet his needs. As he painted his plan the party and two others bound and shackled conspired to be free.

It took Sinn’s subterfuge and Jayden’s valor to create the needed distraction. With the mighty Sword of Gwen in his hands he charged past the Pit Fiend and Bone Devils with a war cry on his lips. The devils reacted to defend their fragile Master and left Jayden free to strike his true target the Elundari sitting on a pedestal in a corner of the room. He smashed his artifact into the orbs and the ensuing explosion severely damaged the blade. Energies swirled around the heroes and the Desiccated One roared out in anger. He drew back and the mist and fog parted to reveal a vast undead dragon, his eyes disease ridden and crucified men. Even as he lunged forward to strike out in anger The Dragon Slayers were wrenched from The Nine Hells and brought back to the cave where a wounded Timber waited…

To Be Continued!

14Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Finally after months of scheming and planning. After surmounting threats and perils that would have deterred other parties the new heroes of Farstmoor, The Dragon Slayers, have journeyed into the belly of the beast. They have forsaken the surface world with its brightly glowing mother of life and the warmth of dawn she brings for a world of dark caves and pitch black crevasses. They seek valor and renown and an end to a scourge that threatens the very sanctity of life.

Enter the Underdark, enter the World Below...

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Drow_o10

Orc armies have been defeated. Trolls and bandit hordes have been made short work of and lets not forget that The Dragon Slayers do, in fact, slay dragons. With such acomplishments what can possibly await these heroes that can challenge their skill and fortitude?

The World Below holds all manner of wonders and secrets, secrets guarded greedily by beast both terrific and terrible. Players will be tested. Minds will be bent and egos will be bruised. True Beholders lie in wait within their secret lairs where they plan plans that far exceed the understanding of lesser beings. The dreaded Drow rule this land of darkness and expect all others to bow before their granduer, willingly going to their demise.

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 382_wr10

Yet the Drow are not the most powerful, cunning, or frightening creatures the party will face.

Welcome to The World Below

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Brains10

Twisted Evil

15Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 am

Random

Random

oh god you always wanted to use those punk ass octopussy's fuck them the great Glem slays dragons.

16Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I really hope you're not challenging me, Random. I've been planning the awesome of Illithid/Mind Flayers for ages and guess what...

Mind FLayers like to eat the brains of the Magically inclined. Midget's are a delacacy! I hope you've planned your next character. Lol.

Twisted Evil

17Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Random

Random

What you know me I welcome all challanges I can't wait for us to put your octopussys to shame. With sin arrows tallas davine fath my spells chads evil ideas and pats.... we can take out anything

18Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

... I'm going to enjoy this. The World Below will be the site of many graves. I hope you're will to take responsibilty for what you've done to yourself. I don't want any tears!

You heard it yourselves friends, the phrase is 'Go hard or go home'. I say Come hard or stay home. As coined by a good friend that has gone a little crazy 'Stupidity should be punished' and it will be.

I'm hoping to run a day long game on July 4th, if people aren't available let me know.

19Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Pause!

20Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ehhh, Me might be gone for that weekend.

21Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yea, more deathdifying challenges, go ahead trash talk the DM when mind Flayers are involved.

22Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

No Homo!

23Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:08 am

Random

Random

Lol i know it sounds stupid and funny but i am challanging the DM to do something so funny and jaw droping to us i dont think we've had that moment in a while were its like "what did what, his mouth opened and ate the fireball....run" im not saying just go out and kill one of us thats too easy but do something were would never ever see coming

p.s im not talking all this shit just because im not going to be here all next week ether.

24Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:51 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

First two sessions in the World Below and there have been less deaths than expected.

25Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Your right! The death count has lessened as of late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next