CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3

+10
Drunk Flogger
Cambria
Lord Naiilo
Talis of Stormfall
Legendary
Random
Leetin McBeatin
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

51Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:02 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Monday July 19, 2010

The party entered Grimlow like harbingers of a new day. Though without Darius, they stood before the town elders and pleaded their case.

'Victory is possible if the oppressed stand together and united against the tyranny of the Darklings.'

They're words were seen as hollow jest because gnome memory is long and many still remember what ill fate befell the last group to stang against the Dark Elves. No moniments, rubble or pebble remains of those who failed. The Darkling have erased them from history. One day even their memory will fail or be replaced with the tale of The Dragon Slayers and how they gathered the gnomes of The World Below... for the slaughter!

The gnomes of Grimlow wanted proof of the party's intent and ability. They gave the party the task of eliminating a watch tower close by that is being used by the Darkling to spy on the region. We shall see what happens.

Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

52Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That sound negative? Did things turn out bad for everyone?

So, does this mean we lost the support of one town?

53Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

sorry hadn't finished the post before I pressed Send.

54Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

It was a great battle, we all did our part. cyrus did his part but....... yo Pat!....Pat!...wake up man..its ur go. lol.

55Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Turning of the Wheel

Talis draws upon the spell granted him by Indra and wills the corpses of the fallen to rise again. He surveys his work and feels that it is good. He takes a deep breath and casts off the shackles of a facade he no longer feels is necessary to carry. Gathering every ounce of negative energy his body can control he forces the power out and into the undead waiting for his command and with a final act of metamophasis he renounces his good deeds and intentions and embraces the path of an evil cleric.

With new troops as vanguard the party attacks the The Drow Tower in the center of the mushroom fields. The undead charge in and are bombarded by a ball of flame. For a moment a doorway is revealed before the tower's wards activate once again. Another group of zombies are immolated before the party reaches the tower proper and are engaged by the instalation's first defense, A large Stone Spider. The ensuing battle was little more than a beating broken down into rounds.

It wasn't until the new elf decipher the runes outside of the tower and opened the door that a way in was made clear and The Drow made their appearance.

56Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

The evil turn of the campaign is welcomed. The Underdark is corrupting us. Twisted Evil

57Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I can dig it....No more hiding.....Mwwahhahahaha!!! Maybe, just maybe I can tell of my grand plan......maybe. pirat

58Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:55 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Its more like you guys look for any reason to be villians because its easier to wanton murders than virtuous heroes. I think that among my regular roleplayers: Greed, Dark Shoo, Random, NoNo, Laura, and Fat Mike; not one of you ever really wants to be a hero. However only Dark Shoo's Shoo has tried something outside of the realm of I'm evil so I kill everyone I meet. I've seen plenty of I'm evil so I do what I want and I'm evil so I kill everything i meet and let's not forget my favorite I'm evil so i sneer a lot!

If players are going to play evil I want to see real roleplaying. Change of Alignment doesn't equate to a license to play stupid. Don't waste yours or my time! For those of you who realize that evil characters still need to work towards goals let's see some real roleplaying. Pardon the rant, its just that I foresee a lot of bandwagon hoping to the darkside and that is those jerks make the worse kind of Sith. I've always believed in 'being evil because I am, not being evil because I can'.

This could be interesting...

59Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I doubt this campaign will ever turn evil just because of Talis. We are war heroes, it doesnt seem like it would fit.

60Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:32 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That's what I was thinking

61Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

What are the points under the amount of post?

62Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That is why LE is one of my Fav ALG's. You still follow order and laws, but still feel that a little to a lot of evil is acceptable. I think its the least form of Evil.

Obviously CE is the worst, then NE, than CN (yes, evil).

LE can function in normal society. Guilds tend to be of LE, those who work with society unseen. The counter would be if you are a lord with your own laws.

CE is a mass murder. I tend to think of that ALG as a bit cowardly. Why fight and loose when you can win by deceit.

NE is an ALG that I probably never played or at least very little. Neutrality still rules this one and evil is the tendency that said person leans to.

A CE campaign never lasts, every does really stupid things and die or just outright kills each other off. I feel one CE player is enough for an interesting adventure.

63Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Now that Talis has changed alignments, has the rest of the party noticed his change. And if we have, what steps have we taken to cure this dark blood. I also think that we still have heroes amongst us and I do believe even though I may give off a hint of evil, I see it as a cause or reason for it. And as for fatass, that boy, I don't no what to say about him. U tell me what type of person u think I am.

The moon runs til the sun can catch it!

64Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

With there being so many elves in the party now I need to explain so things about the elves in my world.

Elves in Land of the Four fall into two categories: Traditional Elves and the Wild Elves. These two distinctions represent two seperate cultures. The Traditionals represent those that adhere to an ancient culture and society that has exist for more than 42,000 years with its own gods, social statuses, heroes and histories. The Wilds are those that existed on the fringe of the Traditional's sphere of influence similar in many ways to the way Native Americans live slightly outside of the jurisdiction of the US Government.

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Elves10

Shared History

Farstmore (The continent that Land of the Four takes place) was the original homeland of the elves; populated by elves, a small group of eledrin and gnomes. By the lifespan of an elf it was only a few years ago (3000 years) that this changed when humans travelled across the sea and began to settle. Roughly 2176 later a cabal of spellcasters that would be one day known as The Four amassed an army and sort to conquer Farstmore. The elven empire rose to crush the upstarts but due to disunity and the power of The Four's Sevant, Malik, the empire was nearly crushed. The Emperor fled to the islands off the eastern coast known as the Contested Isles where he vowed to wait until the gods gave him a sign to return and reclaim the elven homelands. Those elves that followed the sovereign were his most trusted advisors, priest of the elven gods and the elven nobility. Thoses that stayed behind were the disidents and 'barbic' woodsmen that lived just outside of the boundaries of the empire.

The Traditional Elf

The traditional elves have a society based loosely on feudal japanese and hindu models. The Emperor sits at the top of the pyramid being decendant from the gods. Below the Emperor are the priests of the Vedic(Hindu) gods. Then there are the Nobility samurai/warrior class, the artisans, and finally the laborers. The class system is very rigid and it is believed one's caste can only be changed through reincarnation. To the Traditional Elf the emperor is the embodiment of Brahman, the supreme being from which all gods are a piece of, and is destined to rule until he passes to nirvana and his divinity is passed on to his heir.

The Wild Elf

The wild elves are the elves from traditional D&D. They accepted human society on Farstmore and embraced their gods and many of their traditions. They acknowledge the rulership of the emperor but not his divin heritege. These elves are more rustic and live off of the land. They have a more natralist view of life and believe the earth is a deity in its self.

Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Pzo94010

The Legend of the GodKing

Elven legend told of a warrior that would emerge from obscurity and lead the elves to the reclaimation of their lands. This legend came true when Naillo Naillo arrived on the contested Isles and encouraged the elven nation to rise up against The Four's govenrment. The Emperor named Naillo his warlord and gave him command of the Elven Armies. Once the Heroes of Suichiro (Original characters of land of the Four) caused the fall of the Floating City, Naillo led the elves against what remained of The Four's armies and Farstmore once again became the center of Elven society.

However, this matched another legend. A legend suppressed by the Empire told of a warlord that would claim The Emperor's throne. Many elves believed that Naillo Naillo was that warlord and called for the Emperor's immediate abdication. Those that believed pledged their loyalty to Naillo and took to calling him the 'GodKing'. This has divided the Elven Nation and led many to speculate that war is on the horizon.

All elves in my campaign fall into one of these categories

Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

65Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Its very interesting to now know that there was another prophecy or legend hidden about the god king known as Naiilo . First, "I hate u so much lem", and I can see why you had his son Daichi meet with the daughter Sonya of the emperor. Now my question is, would he know of the both legends or just the legend of his father's title because that could play somewhat an important part maybe down the line knowing you.

66Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

The Lionheart Will Rise!!!!!

67Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty HA!!! Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

We share sumthing in common Sin, more than u kno...

68Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

We are SCREWED!!!! Half the party is dead and the other half is split up. Its gonna be very interesting today.

69Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty ...U kno wat Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Its ur fault valiant leader were u wen we needed u the most...gettin some elf booty lol, i still think son that u would have taken daichi with u cuz i dont forsee u goin out by urself plus he was neva mentioned...actually daichi prolly left b4 that shit started man...fuckin ghost ass, but i agree with u about today were goin to have a new party compositon and this could be very fun...and again i think that angus is dead again...dddddead again lol!!!!

70Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Damn I thought my #2 Talis could hold it down for a few hours so you're right. Sorry.

WE BOYZ!!!

71Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Since it is MY fault that Shoo left the party, I have no choice but to come and help him out. He knew what he was doing!!!

Hopefully I will be able to redeem him and show that he made the right decision in fetching me.

72Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty wait i thought diachi was ur number #2 Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

@Shoo- U undersetimate my POWER!!!!!
Talis would have been sufficient if he had his spells betta yet, if he wasnt left on 1 hp, weaken and suffering from Resurrection sickness with the dedidies...we prolly would have been betta off...Que Sera, Sera i guess...

@Lyrah- You will try hun...

Last edited by Greed on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

73Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Funny thin is that the two Shoes that you told to tell the party of your departure...never told and... are Dead...again. We think you are captured..or dead.

The three of use are like fugitives on the run. This screwed up my plans big time. We need to turn this over on the Drow as if it was part of our plan...hmmm?

74Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty I have no clue Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Honestly leetin our first plan should be to find the statuses of our party alive dead or what have u, those who we left back in grimlow are prolly still alive and were not in the tower so they are prolly still gud so we can see... i have means to find their dumasses, sighs after that and set I say we mount back to mirav and assemble our forces...then plan a rescue mission too if our captured are still alive i think they would be intterogated b4 killed, maybe we should even strike after the regroup, with all their forces spread thin it would definitely be easier to mount an assualt on their keep ...Its common sense that they have less definitely opposition their now and it would be the last thing they would be expecting...

75Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Land of the Four: Revisited Season 3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I think we can try the tower again. We can wip out the new guards and await their return with an army hiding in the schrooms. This time around we can kill all those damb'd spiders. Once their vanguard is kill'd we then storm the keep.

Ohh, we need to find out whats up with that last town we never visited. The one to the right of the schroom fields. We thinking that we conscript them once our Legions are formed.

I have more plans and ideas, but will be told as the time is right.

Overall we can not leave any drow to our back, no flanking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next