CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Reunion Game

+9
Leetin McBeatin
Talis of Stormfall
Phobos 7
Legendary
Random
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
lancelot chamomile
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

51The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Legendary wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Rottenapples wrote:For nostalgia i would like to be in the school of fire but i would like my character to be closer to a fire bender where im incorporating fire magic in my martial arts.

also guys we never had a choice on the system lol Lem is a Tyrant

and Admin can we make the character font darker my eyes are burning thank you! Cool

I'll have a talk with Admin later.

I am a tyrant and the illusion of freedom is sometimes better than freedom but I DID leave it to a vote. Its not my fault that what I lobbied for won. Its kind of like voting for president, when no one makes a showing at the ballots you're stuck with what big interest groups want or what the authorities force down your throats... I guess I'm the authority. Eat. Very Happy Twisted Evil Sad

You will most likely have to pass and prepare to cast a spell and it won't take effect until the beginning of the following pulse but you'll be able to react that following pulse. 1 turn to cast instead of 1 turn to cast and 1 turn to recoup.

Burning Khourie, The Red -5750exp to spend
Human
All General Knowledge Fire Spells
3-5 Special knowledge Fire Spells
Club
Sling

So I'm going to assume you completely ignored my 2 posts about my character (if I can make one) seeing as how I was 2nd to post it, but did not count towards the xp. Let me know if this is the case or not. Either way I'm still going to post on the site Razz

Lol, Jose is still Jose. There was no slight intended towards you but I'm not even sure where we're playing let alone whether we'll have a Skype hookup with accompanying Webcam action. As such I did ignore your post but in the sense that you couldn't make it not that you don't matter... which is the same but not really.

Jose the Drinkingman's Cup- 5750exp to spend(extra exp for posting)
Dwarf
Tower Shield
Military Scientist
Flail
Speak Language- Dwarf
Speak Language- Elf
Short Sword

uh i thought it was going to be at my crib.... you had other plans you bastard? I can host for the entire weekend. so let me know what you want to do. i can have juice and basic snack like last time

52The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Legendary wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Rottenapples wrote:For nostalgia i would like to be in the school of fire but i would like my character to be closer to a fire bender where im incorporating fire magic in my martial arts.

and Admin can we make the character font darker my eyes are burning thank you! Cool

I am a tyrant and the illusion of freedom is sometimes better than freedom but I DID leave it to a vote. Its not my fault that what I lobbied for won. Its kind of like voting for president, when no one makes a showing at the ballots you're stuck with what big interest groups want or what the authorities force down your throats... I guess I'm the authority. Eat. Very Happy Twisted Evil Sad

You will most likely have to pass and prepare to cast a spell and it won't take effect until the beginning of the following pulse but you'll be able to react that following pulse. 1 turn to cast instead of 1 turn to cast and 1 turn to recoup.

Human
Club
Sling

So I'm going to assume you completely ignored my 2 posts about my character (if I can make one) seeing as how I was 2nd to post it, but did not count towards the xp. Let me know if this is the case or not. Either way I'm still going to post on the site Razz

Lol, Jose is still Jose. There was no slight intended towards you but I'm not even sure where we're playing let alone whether we'll have a Skype hookup with accompanying Webcam action. As such I did ignore your post but in the sense that you couldn't make it not that you don't matter... which is the same but not really.

Dwarf
Tower Shield
Military Scientist
Flail
Speak Language- Dwarf
Speak Language- Elf
Short Sword

uh i thought it was going to be at my crib.... you had other plans you bastard? I can host for the entire weekend. so let me know what you want to do. i can have juice and basic snack like last time

With no confirmation I wasn't sure. I wasn't going to volunteer someone elses place that's cray.

53The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Legendary wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

Human
Club
Sling

Dwarf
Tower Shield
Military Scientist
Flail
Speak Language- Dwarf
Speak Language- Elf
Short Sword

With no confirmation I wasn't sure. I wasn't going to volunteer someone elses place that's cray.

i confirmed it on FB but whatever the offer still stands so start letting people know. and are you free for a phone call?

54The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Legendary

Legendary

O hay, I was going threw my DQ stuff and found the excel file for character sheets. You still have it/want me to send it?

55The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Dally La'Fiorre III -5500exp to spend
Human
Large Shield
Saber
Military Scientist
*Human Shield(a skill not in the book but will allow the user to pass a turn to provide a portion of his defense to an adjacent ally)
Unarmed Combat

Send it Jose, I'd appreciate it. I lost a lot of stuff on my DeVry computer... wish I backup more on my flashdrives. Sad

56The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
ThatDamnElf wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:It was suggested that I make the characters ahead of time as to expedite us jumping directly into the game. I like that idea but I need to know preferences. We are on a deadline here and I'm not feeling overly generous so The first person to respond with a character design will get the most experience toward that character and the exp will gradually diminish with each person. In other words first responder get's the most skills and last get's the least.

-This has been a Public Service Announcement-

So in response to that, I'm assuming you mean you want to know how we would like to play our characters so you know what kind of skills to allocate our characters. For the most part, I want to be a sniper type character. So I guess like this-
1) High Damage Per Shot- I'd like to be able to make my shots do more damage, even non-magical ones, but say at the cost of speed (for example, none of that multi-rapid shot my ranger was known for)
2) Magic should focus on destruction, type magic, with maybe a few utility spells in to round out the class.
3) As far as melee is concerned, should be limited to maybe one or two weapons with proficiency (scimitar preferably).

So let me know if you need clarification on anything I wrote. In fairness, I did write this directly after waking up so..yeah.

So what I'm seeing from you, Allan, is that you are more concerned with magic and weapons than you are with actual abilities. There is nothing wrong with that. It makes things easier. You don't have to be an Arcane Archer, You can be a skilled Ranger with proficiencies in a few weapons and a collection of magical items.

Allan Man(a work in progress)- 6000exp to spend
Human or Elf
Long Bow
Scimitar
Ranger

Well, since I'm awake now, as opposed to half asleep and rushing out the door to pick up my prescription. I can write a little more thought out. Though, since it is the reunion game, it does make sense for me to come back as the ranger, especially since it seems we'll have no one for a wilderness survival role. That being said, going by that, I'd like to set my Ranger up for some stuff. Mostly I want him to be a wilderness expert. I know CnC doesn't have them with animal companions, but 3.5 and Pathfinder do. But instead of an animal companion, or wild empathy, maybe have like Pathfinder and put favored terrain. Just looking for ways so that my character can keep the group alive in the wilderness more easily, since I don't think anyone else character fill that role. And supplies don't last forever.

Also, please can I have this weapon!!! I went ahead and nerfed it from the source site, though feel free to un-nerf it if you'd like ^-^

Source: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Elven_Greatbow

Elven Greatbow

In the hands of any non-elf, this bow performs only as a +1 composite longbow. In the hands of an elf, this weapon functions as a +3 composite with a Strength bonus that matches its elven wielder’s current Strength at all times. Furthermore, any arrows loosed from the bow are considered keen, regardless of the enhancement bonus of the arrow fired.

57The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Legendary

Legendary

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Dally La'Fiorre III -5500exp to spend
Human
Large Shield
Saber
Military Scientist
*Human Shield(a skill not in the book but will allow the user to pass a turn to provide a portion of his defense to an adjacent ally)
Unarmed Combat

Send it Jose, I'd appreciate it. I lost a lot of stuff on my DeVry computer... wish I backup more on my flashdrives. Sad

Sure no problem. Just sent it to your gmail.

58The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Option 1:
Healer
Quarterstaff
Dagger
Spy

Option 2:
Assassin
Garotte
Alchemist
Read/Write (2) Languages

Option one is generally a Cleric?

I figure the sleazy cowardly Cultist should be option 2:

he looks pathetic and no one really pays much attention to the worm of a (Race here). The thought would be a high Chr, it would help play off the role (maybe even an acting skill). Figure the lecher would always be somewhat in the shadows due to his cowardly nature. Under his repulsive appearance lies a sharp mind that I always on the look out for weakness's to exploit

The cult would require a convo, I wold love a little background on my religious options.

Also Summoning demons sounds sweet.

59The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 am

Legendary

Legendary

What day is the game suppost to be? I don't remember reading that lol

60The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Dally La'Fiorre III -5500exp to spend
Human
Large Shield
Saber
Military Scientist
Unarmed Combat

Thank you, this just about what i wanted but can we work out the aggro system/and or ability? i wanted to do it over the phone, but if your unavailable we can talk it out on the forum. Jose the game is suppose to be the weekend of the 28th, i believe i will have to double check with lem.

61The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Random

Random

ok first and formost i would love to know what day this "reunion game" is going to be on, if we dont set a day there will be no "reunion". 2nd i want to be a healer but i if its that same thing as before, when we did i with tom, and you need to use your own fatigue to heal i dont think i want to be a healer but if its more spell like like a cnc clearic then ill do it, other wise ill just be a fighter that speclises in duel weopons, so pure dps side of fighter rather then the tanky. almost a in between a rogue and a fighter if that makes sense. we need a healer but healing is DQ is ass so please hook me up lem

62The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random wrote:ok first and formost i would love to know what day this "reunion game" is going to be on, if we dont set a day there will be no "reunion". 2nd i want to be a healer but i if its that same thing as before, when we did i with tom, and you need to use your own fatigue to heal i dont think i want to be a healer but if its more spell like like a cnc clearic then ill do it, other wise ill just be a fighter that speclises in duel weopons, so pure dps side of fighter rather then the tanky. almost a in between a rogue and a fighter if that makes sense. we need a healer but healing is DQ is ass so please hook me up lem

I actually like the concept behind DQ healing. It isn't some random resource that a Healer spends arbitrarily it is his very lifeforce and with it he gives life back to his fellow warriors. Other systems treat the role of the healer like its a secondary ability that he can do when he isn't fighting. DQ asks for a commitment. A player commits a large(the most) sum of experience towards being able to heal his allies and commits his life to saving theirs. Very nice in concept. In practice it means that the healer needs to get extra experience and be protected in order to be effective.

I'm not going to change the DQ system's Healer but if someone committed to the role I would afford them extra experience to start as well as items to assist in their job of keeping the party standing. There is also the School of Earth Magic which has the strongest Healing Spell as a general knowledge spell plus a number of Buff and Utility spells. Let me know what you choose. Dual Wielding in DQ is rough and I won't change that either.

63The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Random

Random

ill do a mage healer then with the specailsing in earth but mostly healer so ill use my own health stuff to heal and use a little magic when need for last resort type of thing.

64The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Looks like the weekend of the 28th, Daniel. Didn't you pick the time? I think I'm going to give everyone an extra 1500 experience to start... not sure but I'm leaning that way.

Sneaky Stab Chad Jonston -5250(6750)exp to spend
Assassin
Garrotte
Alchemist
Read/Write Language(Sarnic)*
Read/Write Language(Elven)
Dagger

*Sarnic is the language of the forgotten people believed to be gone from this world until the time of new beginnings or final end depending on whether you believe the church or the apocryphal script. The Cult of Sarna wish to subvert the church and hasten the return so that Lord Sarna and The Forgotten People of The Starbound Sea can cleanse the realm. Not much is known about Sarna except that he is ruthless and mad, The Cult of Sarna only elevate the insane to the role of high priest because only they can feel the mad lord's presence. It is believed that the kingdom's current condition is the heralding of Sarna's return and the beginning of The Final End. The heroes finding The Five Tomes of Lyon will either help or hurt the cult's cause no one is truly sure.

Are you certain, Daniel? Because spellcasting cost FT too. If you want it I'll try to make it viable but let me know for sure.

65The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Random wrote:ill do a mage healer then with the specailsing in earth but mostly healer so ill use my own health stuff to heal and use a little magic when need for last resort type of thing.

omg im soo dead, i dont have a dedicated healer omg cut my wrist now so..... my next toon is going to be lol.

66The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Random

Random

Wandering Omen wrote:
Random wrote:ill do a mage healer then with the specailsing in earth but mostly healer so ill use my own health stuff to heal and use a little magic when need for last resort type of thing.

omg im soo dead, i dont have a dedicated healer omg cut my wrist now so..... my next toon is going to be lol.

i am a dedicated healer im going to be only healing and buffs thats it no dps unless i 100% need to. magic is a bitch in dq anyways so ill mosstly be using my healig skill then magic anways but ill use it on a last resort and only when ive master my healing spell lol 1005 chance to cast lol

67The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Random

Random

AND WHAT DAY IS THIS SHIT ON

68The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Random

Random

what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what

69The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Random

Random

what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on
what day is this on

70The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Legendary

Legendary

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Random wrote:ok first and formost i would love to know what day this "reunion game" is going to be on, if we dont set a day there will be no "reunion". 2nd i want to be a healer but i if its that same thing as before, when we did i with tom, and you need to use your own fatigue to heal i dont think i want to be a healer but if its more spell like like a cnc clearic then ill do it, other wise ill just be a fighter that speclises in duel weopons, so pure dps side of fighter rather then the tanky. almost a in between a rogue and a fighter if that makes sense. we need a healer but healing is DQ is ass so please hook me up lem

I actually like the concept behind DQ healing. It isn't some random resource that a Healer spends arbitrarily it is his very lifeforce and with it he gives life back to his fellow warriors. Other systems treat the role of the healer like its a secondary ability that he can do when he isn't fighting. DQ asks for a commitment. A player commits a large(the most) sum of experience towards being able to heal his allies and commits his life to saving theirs. Very nice in concept. In practice it means that the healer needs to get extra experience and be protected in order to be effective.

I'm not going to change the DQ system's Healer but if someone committed to the role I would afford them extra experience to start as well as items to assist in their job of keeping the party standing. There is also the School of Earth Magic which has the strongest Healing Spell as a general knowledge spell plus a number of Buff and Utility spells. Let me know what you choose. Dual Wielding in DQ is rough and I won't change that either.

This is why I wanted a splash of healing to help Random out with it...is it still possible for my character to heal maybe using Military Scientist or something?

71The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Our Cast of Characters So Far

Allan Man(a work in progress)- 6000exp to spend
Human or Elf
Long Bow
Scimitar
Ranger

Burning Khourie The Red -5750exp to spend
Human
Club
Sling

Jose the Drinkingman's Cup -5750exp to spend(extra exp for posting)
Dwarf
Tower Shield
Military Scientist
Flail
Speak Language- Dwarf
Speak Language- Elf
Short Sword

Dally La'Fiorre III -5500exp to spend
Human
Large Shield
Saber
Military Scientist
Unarmed Combat

Sneaky Stab Chad Jonston -5250(6750)exp to spend
Assassin
Garrotte
Alchemist
Read/Write Language(Sarnic)*
Read/Write Language(Elven)
Dagger

72The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Legendary

Legendary

One more thing...You said weekend of the 28th. That's cool, but which days exactly, 28th 29th 30th and 31st? or 28th 29th 30th? or 28th 29th? or 28th? or 29th 30th 31st? or 28th 29th? or 28th? or 29th 30th 31st? or 29th 30th? or 29th? or 30th 31st? or 30th? or 31st? Just need to know ahead of time so I can let my DM know I wont be playing on the 28th if we are going to start on that day...
P.S. I know there are more combinations, but I figured you guys would get upset if I listed them all Evil or Very Mad

73The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Legendary wrote:One more thing...You said weekend of the 28th. That's cool, but which days exactly, 28th 29th 30th and 31st? or 28th 29th 30th? or 28th 29th? or 28th? or 29th 30th 31st? or 28th 29th? or 28th? or 29th 30th 31st? or 29th 30th? or 29th? or 30th 31st? or 30th? or 31st? Just need to know ahead of time so I can let my DM know I wont be playing on the 28th if we are going to start on that day...
P.S. I know there are more combinations, but I figured you guys would get upset if I listed them all Evil or Very Mad

Jose... such a jocolor

74The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Random

Random

so im gussing its going to be on the 30th (sunday) becuase lem has to work saturday from 1-5 or something like that so sunday is going to be an all day thing. and im gussing its going to be at pats house if im not mistaken. and im also gussing non of us are going to get any sleep for work that monday.(if we have work the next day)

75The Reunion Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

exactly.

So Healer/Earth Mage, Daniel?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum