CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Reunion Game

+9
Leetin McBeatin
Talis of Stormfall
Phobos 7
Legendary
Random
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
lancelot chamomile
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

if its her shield, you know i dont have a problem with that what so ever. bit if it is not her shield i posted an item for casters in our party on the items page you made. other than that what about a staff you can give random once per encounter he can make a spell "hasted" to be used in battle instead of waiting a much longer duration.

102The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:if its her shield, you know i dont have a problem with that what so ever. bit if it is not her shield i posted an item for casters in our party on the items page you made. other than that what about a staff you can give random once per encounter he can make a spell "hasted" to be used in battle instead of waiting a much longer duration.

No.

A staff is notorious for being the vehicle for very strong magic. Hasting a spell once a day is too week. Maybe a ring with charges. A staff should provide access to new spells... I might actually do that. Both the hasting ring and a staff with new Healing and buffing spells. Yikes, Pat, you're on a roll with inspiring me!

103The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Random

Random

i love the idea of a new weapon items ect. but when are we going to play next. i think we should set another date so everyone is cool with and so we can ask our better halfs if we can play on this date in time. also can someone give me some idea on how to identify magic that we don know how to use its not like c&c when we would just have a spell that can identify it so how are we surpose to do this.

104The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

A Monument to What?

They'd set out a band of heroes, known and unsung, thirty strong. They were individuals and small teams not truly allies but a menagerie of adventurers thrown together for one purpose, find The Tomes of Lyons and save the known world from impending doom. Princes and peasant alike struck out in search of The forgotten lands and in its belly Usher's Monument. It was a massive undertaking, one epic in scale and possibly the realm's only hope. It would prove the end for most. Of the thirty only a dozen made it to the scorched lands, only a dozen were able to lay eyes on the source of man's salvation.

It was Allyne, the Elven Ranger, that first set foot on the stone bridge. He scouted ahead to ensure that the passage was safe when the beastly roar cut the air. The winds died and as the party prepared for battle the monster dropped from the sky. Most had seen a dragon before but never one such as The Monument Guardian who's shear presence turned bowels into ice cold running water. It was covered in green scale but unlike its acid breathing brethren it belched scorching fire. Its tentacles reached threateningly as it coughed death upon the heroes. Three went down in that first salvo. It was Axel La'Fiorre, a captain within that battle hardened battalion, that rallied the forces and organized the retreat. Running back the way they'd come was no option so the only choice was to fall back to The Monument itself. The Fire Mage, Soele, bombarded the creature with arcane fire as Modnar Ynnad and Demonbane deciphered a way through the monument's massive doors. It was those doors that eventually saved the party from The Guardian's wrath.

Once inside it was left to Modnar to heal the wounded while Demonbane, one of the two Undead Hunters, and Knuckleback, the dwarf, searched the Monument's foyer for any clues as to the tower's origins or what lay in wait within. What they met them as they followed a flight of narrow stairs up into the tower proper was a swarm of Tombbugs, blood drinking mosquito/locust hybrids with needle like stingers. The creatures wasted no time feasting on the party, proving relatively immune to mundane attacks. It was Soele's eldritch fires that roasted the insects and allowed the party to move on. again healing was required but Modnar's Earth Magic was more than sufficient.

They climbed higher only to find a room that defied logic and attested to the oddity that was Usher's Monument. Within a room of glass waited skeleton warriors armed and ready for a fight. Without that room was a massive body of water and carnivorous fish aching to feed. Equally eager to fight, Knuckleback and The Paladin of The Void, the second half of The Undead Hunters, rushed into the fray. Joined by La'Fiorre the three engaged the skeletons, falling for the room's trap. As blows missed their mark the 'reverse fish bowl' took more and more damage allowing the entrance of both water and hungry fauna. Quickly the party was forced to flee a room filling with sharks and water. The wounded Soele would require more of Modnar's healing and Knuckleback would need to be wrung out having been thoroughly submerged and drenched.

Continuing their ascent up massive stairs the party emerges in a room housing three sarcophagi and emanating with Neutral Holy Magic. Hoping for treasure or a clue to the Tomes' whereabouts they searched and found strange clues towards Usher's secrets. The sarcophagi were of various designs from antiquity. Four nations were represented by four coffins sealed by unknown forces. It was only when touched by a being of the race shared by the sarcophagus's origin that the magic lashed out. They saw visions. Four monsters of great and frightful power were fought by armies. Heroes and soldiers sacrificed their lives to trap the beings within magical coffins designed to be their permanent prisons. Elven Vampire, Otherworld Wizard, Dwarven Abomination, and Kinslayer were all caged and locked away in the tower known as Usher's Monument.

The decision to leave the prisoners sealed away was nearly unanimous and as the party continued into the next room they found more such sarcophagi. Eventually they found a way out of the hall of the imprisoned as well as a staff that appeared to be the key to releasing them. One hero entertained stealing the staff to use in releasing a man believed wrongfully confined when a party of Deep Dwarves appeared. As dwarves tend to be, they were unreasonable and quick to draw weapons when confronted. They wanted the staff, and they wound have it as well as the party's blood if the heroes were unwilling to step aside. Unwilling to compromise The Paladin of The Void attempted to use the magic of his Scythe, aptly named Void, to destroy the staff but the key's magic proved far stronger. Enraged, the dwarves attacked and spent their lives in vain. Victorious, the party continued on to stairs leading down instead of up.

At the bottom of those steps sat the stoned off entrance to a mausoleum. On it sat a plea to an ancient god of war and storm. Using the staff and its innate powers the party ventured forth and came upon a beauty trapped in a purple amber-like substance. The key released her and her words bewitched Allyne. She claimed to be the avatar of a god and demanded a sacrifice. In her thrall, the elven ranger turned on his allies only to be ridiculed by the god made flesh. It was as the party joined to attack her when she called on thunder and lightning to cover her in luminous armor. Bearing six powerful magical swords, she joined them in battle. The paladin and La'Fiorre led the charge while Allyne, restored to his senses, and Periwinkle, the human archer, used healing arrows to sustain them. Their tactics were a testimony to party dynamics but her swordsmanship and spell-like abilities proved their better. It wasn't until Demonbane and Mondar use the key and the panel which had once held her prison that she was reduced to mortal limitations. thus restricted the party rallied and the true battle began. In the end it was a joined strike by the La'Fiorre Captain and The Paladin of The Void that fell the avatar and once again trapped her in her amber prison.

To be Continued...

105The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random wrote:i love the idea of a new weapon items ect. but when are we going to play next. i think we should set another date so everyone is cool with and so we can ask our better halfs if we can play on this date in time. also can someone give me some idea on how to identify magic that we don know how to use its not like c&c when we would just have a spell that can identify it so how are we surpose to do this.

As far as a date I'm thinking the first week in February, but it up to you guys too. That would be either Feb. 3rd or Feb 10th.

Identification isn't really covered in DQ which leaves it in my hands. Don't worry. I already have a cool in-game way to cover it.

106The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

As far as a date I'm thinking the first week in February, but it up to you guys too. That would be either Feb. 3rd or Feb 10th.

Identification isn't really covered in DQ which leaves it in my hands. Don't worry. I already have a cool in-game way to cover it.[/quote]

Both dates are good for me, I'll keep them both open until one is chosen.

107The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Cambria

Cambria

...If you want to read my diary, just ask. Y

108The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

well yall already know i will try my best to set it up at my house again. both days are fine with me. glad to inspire you lem and you really know how to cover up the bad stuff that went down. i love how this story is told, actually makes me look alot better than how it went down, TY.

109The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:i love how this story is told, actually makes me look alot better than how it went down, TY.

I told it how it would have happened from the character's point of view. Axel is a captain in The La'Fiorres. Fearless, tireless, selfless and well trained The La'Fiorres have served the royals of the kingdom for generations. Their loyalty is to the throne and whomever sits upon it. They care not for political gain or needless glory they care for honor and ensuring that as long as a La'Fiorre lives the throne is well protected.

You might have froze, unsure what to do, but it was you and Shaun that brought the offensive to Talindra, Embodiment of Indra. So though you don't feel like a hero Axel LaF'Fiorre is part of an order of heroes and knows no other way to be.

110The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Random

Random

im dying to play agian i say we get togeher at kings games this saturday or sunday Smile

111The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Random

Random

or ya can come to my place and do an overnight...as late as you guys want Smile

112The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random wrote:im dying to play agian i say we get togeher at kings games this saturday or sunday Smile

I'm no good this weekend, unless something comes up my next free day will be the Sunday we agree on ahead of time(Feb. 3rd or Feb. 10th)

113The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Random wrote:im dying to play agian i say we get togeher at kings games this saturday or sunday Smile

I'm no good this weekend, unless something comes up my next free day will be the Sunday we agree on ahead of time(Feb. 3rd or Feb. 10th)

im leaning toward the third, the earlier the better cause we can plan for the next and i will host.

114The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

im leaning toward the third, the earlier the better cause we can plan for the next and i will host.

So many of you have voiced your willingness to play on the 20th of January. If this is going to work I need confirmations so that I can finalize plans. It seems that the Facebook Group is the best place for quick check-ins, so let me know.

Coming Soon: The Aftermath of The Battle Against The Storm God

115The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

So many of you have voiced your willingness to play on the 20th of January. If this is going to work I need confirmations so that I can finalize plans. It seems that the Facebook Group is the best place for quick check-ins, so let me know.

hmmmm the 20th, i think im down ill double check to see if i can host. Maybe random can host.

116The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:11 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

hmmmm the 20th, i think im down ill double check to see if i can host. Maybe random can host.

We might be wasting our time Shawn leaves on said day and we all remember how scarce it was to find you bastards the last time he left. let me know... maybe we'll figure something out.

117The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

fuck that nigga sean lets get it in bitches!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Embarassed Razz Shocked Cool Rolling Eyes Exclamation Exclamation i would be most upset if we dont Evil or Very Mad Sad and i will kill all of you Twisted Evil

118The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm down if I'll have players. One or two aren't enough. Minimum four(I might be convinced to go with three.), ideally five PCs can handle the challenges to come. The Monument is large and a small group has a proportionate amount of mettle. Face the wonders and the horrors as a team...

119The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I'm down if I'll have players. One or two aren't enough. Minimum four(I might be convinced to go with three.), ideally five PCs can handle the challenges to come. The Monument is large and a small group has a proportionate amount of mettle. Face the wonders and the horrors as a team...

Well lets see if we can get chad. i know random has been feening to play. im down, im pretty sure alan is down also. i dont know about khourie but that should be enough.... lets not forget darnell.

One more thing im usually not on FB so if you can sometimes post here (where it belongs in the first place) it would be appreciated.

120The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:I'm down if I'll have players. One or two aren't enough. Minimum four(I might be convinced to go with three.), ideally five PCs can handle the challenges to come. The Monument is large and a small group has a proportionate amount of mettle. Face the wonders and the horrors as a team...

Well lets see if we can get chad. i know random has been feening to play. im down, im pretty sure alan is down also. i dont know about khourie but that should be enough.... lets not forget darnell.

One more thing im usually not on FB so if you can sometimes post here (where it belongs in the first place) it would be appreciated.

I only post on Facebook because its the only place to get Khourie's attention and Darnell's pussy hurts whenever I mention post on the forum. I miss the days when the whole crew checked the forum daily. I'm on most of the day talking to myself... makes me feel a bit nutty.

121The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

I only post on Facebook because its the only place to get Khourie's attention and Darnell's pussy hurts whenever I mention post on the forum. I miss the days when the whole crew checked the forum daily. I'm on most of the day talking to myself... makes me feel a bit nutty.

Ha your not talking to yourself, im usually on this cause this work computer blocks fukin FB. but i would usually respond if i can but sometimes i dont have nothing. I also wish for people to check the forums more often.

122The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

Well I'm most definitely down for the 20th. Even better is I'm off the next day from work. So I'm pretty sure that's me, Pat and Random. Just gotta see if we can get Khourie and Darnell to join us and maybe Chad. I'm thinking we should have enough players to have fun and be able to deal with what we have to deal with.

123The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I need confirmation so that i can make definitive plans. If we don't have at least 3 PCs by Wednesday I'm calling it off. That gives me time to work on the encounters, maps and story. Let me know guys.

124The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I need confirmation so that i can make definitive plans. If we don't have at least 3 PCs by Wednesday I'm calling it off. That gives me time to work on the encounters, maps and story. Let me know guys.
like i said im down.

125The Reunion Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Reunion Game Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Random

Random

hey so lets mark down a tally on who has confirmed for this sunday,

Me
PAT
LEM
... who esle come on guys we hav to get this rolling

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum