CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Distribution of Power

+3
Malevolent Moose
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Malevolent Moose wrote:I think you are misrepresenting us after one game Lem
and for the record I am not only out for myself but I am also not going to give everything away either....I believe you have to earn what you get.
Alan your offer didn't go unnoticed I saw it and thought it was a cool gesture but my opinion is you guys worked hard for the spoils you got and since we weren't there to help you guys you guys should keep them.

Actually yes you did. The original mission (before trying to clear the temple mission) from the bullywogs was to kill the lizard king. Since that mission was completed with your help, I'm giving you (or Joey, whoever can utilize it better) the scroll.

77The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

I play my character as the yummy mage. Because everyone wants to eat me. Well, lizards and bullywog wise anyway.

78The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Cambria wrote:
Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

This seems so spot on.  I would personally dock him XP for acting outside of his class, or make him change his class to go along with the way he is playing (in game, of course).

While I agree with Cam lets not forget that this is called Roll playing. Let him play his roll how ever he wants too. If the GM feels that he needs to be sanctioned because he is not playing his class type then okay. But for us as a group we will have strife and conflict happens all of the time. No group works 100% with each other that for me is a lot of fun not just as a player but as a DM. It gives me a chance to learn how to use each of the players strengths and weaknesses to advance the group. Plus those who fall behind can be weeded out.

79The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:
Cambria wrote:

This seems so spot on.  I would personally dock him XP for acting outside of his class, or make him change his class to go along with the way he is playing (in game, of course).

While I agree with Cam lets not forget that this is called Roll playing.  Let him play his roll how ever he wants too.  If the GM feels that he needs to be sanctioned because he is not playing his class type then okay.  But for us as a group we will have strife and conflict happens all of the time.  No group works 100% with each other that for me is a lot of fun not just as a player but as a DM.   It gives me a chance to learn how to use each of the players strengths and weaknesses to advance the group.  Plus those who fall behind can be weeded out.

I like what you're saying there.

80The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Vashir

Vashir

The Reality Tailor wrote:

I play my character as the yummy mage. Because everyone wants to eat me. Well, lizards and bullywog wise anyway.

I like fighter classes. and of the fighter classes i like monks. It had nothing to do with their damage output. FF VII Tifa. favorite character. FF VIII. Well. Favorite character. I pick my class based on what i like not what they can do. as for play style. I'm the one playing the character not the book.

I like casters they have cool spells and shit. But they are not my favorite class

81The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:57 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Vashir wrote:

I like fighter classes. and of the fighter classes i like monks. It had nothing to do with their damage output. FF VII Tifa. favorite character. FF VIII. Well. Favorite character. I pick my class based on what i like not what they can do. as for play style. I'm the one playing the character not the book.

I like casters they have cool spells and shit. But they are not my favorite class

Love Tifa. Love Tifa ecchi, really love Tifa hentai.

82The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Vashir wrote:I like fighter classes. and of the fighter classes i like monks. It had nothing to do with their damage output. FF VII Tifa. favorite character. FF VIII. Well. Favorite character. I pick my class based on what i like not what they can do. as for play style. I'm the one playing the character not the book.

You may be the one playing the character, but there is a book and classes and all of that for a reason. I can't say that I am playing a straight fighter and then expect to cast spells. I can't say that I am Lawful Good and then murder a child for the fun of it. If I do, it CHANGES my character.

You can like what you want to like... but if you choose a specific class or alignment, you should play within it. If you go outside of that, your class and alignment should change within the game. Castles and Crusades is such a limitless game. There are very few "rules" and most of them pertain to the creation and maintenance of the character.

The only justice I see in all of this is that I know that Lem is just giving you all enough rope to hang yourselves

83The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Vashir

Vashir

Cambria wrote:
Vashir wrote:I like fighter classes. and of the fighter classes i like monks. It had nothing to do with their damage output. FF VII Tifa. favorite character. FF VIII. Well. Favorite character. I pick my class based on what i like not what they can do. as for play style. I'm the one playing the character not the book.

You may be the one playing the character, but there is a book and classes and all of that for a reason.  I can't say that I am playing a straight fighter and then expect to cast spells.  I can't say that I am Lawful Good and then murder a child for the fun of it.  If I do, it CHANGES my character.  

You can like what you want to like... but if you choose a specific class or alignment, you should play within it.  If you go outside of that, your class and alignment should change within the game.  Castles and Crusades is such a limitless game.  There are very few "rules" and most of them pertain to the creation and maintenance of the character.

The only justice I see in all of this is that I know that Lem is just giving you all enough rope to hang yourselves

Currently I'm playing a lawful evil half orc monk

84The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:36 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

After reading the CnC PhB the Castles and Crusade is mind, body, and soul merged to perfection. There is nothing about a rejection of material wealth like other systems but there is a strict adherence to constant training. Gar is being played like a lawful evil martial artist. Plus he is an alcoholic vagabond that was trained by a more pious monk. He's doing his thing.

85The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Vashir wrote:
Cambria wrote:

What Cambria said. The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. After all the shit about what new people might do, and proper distribution of rewards, you sell the shit. Did you even know it was a magic sword? Did you bother having it identified? Somehow I doubt any of it. But hey, the rainbow.

86The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Vashir wrote:
Cambria wrote:

What Cambria said. The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. After all the shit about what new people might do, and proper distribution of rewards, you sell the shit. Did you even know it was a magic sword? Did you bother having it identified? Somehow I doubt any of it. But hey, the rainbow.

You are to blame as well, Alan. All of you are. No one spoke up and said, "Hey, I want to keep that in the party, what can we do to make that happen?"

87The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:To be honest I wasn't paying much attention to what Donnie-chan was doing. Then I heard him sell the sword and was like...fuck. Then I got distracted trying to find shinies for my character...

Cam this is the basic attitude of the party, they never would have noticed. If Alan wasn't aware of what was happening the rest of Team Awesome was likely asleep.

88The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

[quote="Vashir"]
Cambria wrote:
Vashir wrote:

Hey if he wants to sell it then let him a lawful evil monk can sell his own grandma if the mood suits him. Plus its an open for a back story. Maybe his parents were killed by weapons smiths and he believes that getting rid of all weapons will make the world a better place for him to live in or rule in. Who give a flying fat Fck. If the group at the time didn't care and he didn't care why are we breaking our heads over it. He is lawful evil he is playing his class and he doesn't care. Roll Playing. Now if the group wants to kill him for it then all good, go for it you have my blessings.

89The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:
Vashir wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Hey if he wants to sell it then let him a lawful evil monk can sell his own grandma if the mood suits him.  Plus its an open for a back story.  Maybe his parents were killed by weapons smiths and he believes that getting rid of all weapons will make the world a better place for him to live in or rule in.  Who give a flying fat Fck.  If the group at the time didn't care and he didn't care why are we breaking our heads over it.  He is lawful evil he is playing his class and he doesn't care.  Roll Playing.  Now if the group wants to kill him for it then all good, go for it you have my blessings.  

We aren't breaking our heads... we are discussing it. That is what a forum is for.

90The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:47 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:We aren't breaking our heads...  we are discussing it.  That is what a forum is for.

My head shipped broken.

91The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:48 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:We aren't breaking our heads...  we are discussing it.  That is what a forum is for.

My head shipped broken. No this isn't relevant but I'm at work and bored.

92The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Toepoker wrote:
Vashir wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Hey if he wants to sell it then let him a lawful evil monk can sell his own grandma if the mood suits him.  Plus its an open for a back story.  Maybe his parents were killed by weapons smiths and he believes that getting rid of all weapons will make the world a better place for him to live in or rule in.  Who give a flying fat Fck.  If the group at the time didn't care and he didn't care why are we breaking our heads over it.  He is lawful evil he is playing his class and he doesn't care.  Roll Playing.  Now if the group wants to kill him for it then all good, go for it you have my blessings.  

We aren't breaking our heads...  we are discussing it.  That is what a forum is for.    

Jackassish??? Question

93The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:Jackassish??? Question

Hey... I already told you I am like that... I claim it, own it, and live it. Razz Razz Wink Wink Razz Razz

94The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:

Hey... I already told you I am like that... I claim it, own it, and live it.  Razz Razz Wink Wink Razz Razz

I do... I just like the word and I am going to use it as much as I can Laughing

95The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Hey... I already told you I am like that... I claim it, own it, and live it.  Razz Razz Wink Wink Razz Razz

I know you want to be like me. It is cool. I am pretty awesome!

96The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:

I know you want to be like me.  It is cool.  I am pretty awesome!

Slow down there speedy.....

97The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Cami my question is when are you going to join the game?

98The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:

I know you want to be like me.  It is cool.  I am pretty awesome!

Slow down there speedy.....

Aaaawwwwweeeee, young love. To scabs picking each other. If only you still lived in NY, Cam

99The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:Cami my question is when are you going to join the game?

I wish I could! But my country ass is all the way in West Virginia. I am trying to work out a trip, but hotels are so expensive there!

100The Distribution of Power - Page 4 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Toepoker wrote:Cami my question is when are you going to join the game?

I wish I could!  But my country ass is all the way in West Virginia.  I am trying to work out a trip, but hotels are so expensive there!

Sound like a lame excuse too me..... Razz Suspect Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum