CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Distribution of Power

+3
Malevolent Moose
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:I think I will being providing loot exclusively on the forum as Nikki requested.

You are just trying to stir the pot. Sit down Grom.

27The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:17 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:I think I will being providing loot exclusively off the forum as Nikki requested.

28The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:I think I will being providing loot exclusively on the forum as Nikki requested.

You are just trying to stir the pot.  Sit down Grom.  

Crying or Very sad

You might be right but I don't like when noobish players tell me what to do or not to do so now I have to be a pain in the ass.

29The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

So I didn't say anything during the game but what happens when the party receives treasure, in this case I am referring to weapons/armor, that would make the group more effective and players sell this gear instead of spreading it amongst the party? Moose had made an argument that a player's loyalty should be to himself and many of us attacked him for it yet when Donrick held onto a hammer, he can't use when others can, and sold a scimitar, that he can't use and others can, nothing was said.

+1 hammer: +1 to hit/+1 to damage
+2 scimitar: +2 to hit/+2 to damage

The party's biggest issue is being unable to hit and these items would counteract this. Now I plan encounters based on the party's ability and gear. When I plan with items in mind am not thinking about players selling or hording. What are your thoughts on this distribution of power?

30The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:30 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:So I didn't say anything during the game but what happens when the party receives treasure, in this case I am referring to weapons/armor, that would make the group more effective and players sell this gear instead of spreading it amongst the party?  Moose had made an argument that a player's loyalty should be to himself and many of us attacked him for it yet when Donrick held onto a hammer, he can't use when others can, and sold a scimitar, that he can't use and others can, nothing was said.

+1 hammer: +1 to hit/+1 to damage
+2 scimitar: +2 to hit/+2 to damage

The party's biggest issue is being unable to hit and these items would counteract this.  Now I plan encounters based on the party's ability and gear.  When I plan with items in mind am not thinking about players selling or hording.  What are your thoughts on this distribution of power?

Personally, I wanted to give Lian the hammer but he never showed. As far as the scimitar, well I want to deal with that in game. I wasn't happy seeing people selling loot, and now I'm really irritated. That scimitar could have gone to either Rob or Nikki. Possibly Joey? I don't know what he can use, but I'm almost sure Rob and Nikki are the same class and can use them. So, in game consequences are going to be a thing.

31The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
Personally, I wanted to give Lian the hammer but he never showed. As far as the scimitar, well I want to deal with that in game. I wasn't happy seeing people selling loot, and now I'm really irritated. That scimitar could have gone to either Rob or Nikki. Possibly Joey? I don't know what he can use, but I'm almost sure Rob and Nikki are the same class and can use them. So, in game consequences are going to be a thing.

Actually, Darnell could have used it too.

32The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:41 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:

That I didn't know. I'm thinking Donnie doesn't get loot next time. I'm not afraid to say that publicly. It will be said in game as well.

33The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Serpent wrote:

That I didn't know. I'm thinking Donnie doesn't get loot next time. I'm not afraid to say that publicly. It will be said in game as well.

With that said, I have to acknowledge that he asked both Nikki and Darnell did they want to trade/buy it from him before he sold it.

34The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Why in the fuck sake would anyone want to sell a scimitar like that?????

I have a special place in my heart for scimitars, and that just pisses me off. I don't know the circumstances, and don't have an opinion, because I don't know what happened in game. However, I am personally offended that a scimitar was sold instead of used.

If I was in game, and had been offered to buy or trade for it, I would have. If people didn't then they have lost their minds!

I don't understand yalls group anymore at all.

35The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

It was just a +2 weapon, it's not like the party needed and he has the only other magical weapon in the game... at least he's rich now.

36The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Cambria

Cambria

+2 is +2.... and you never know what improvements could have been made (if yall play this campaign like that)... Total waste of a good weapon.

Gold won't help you when you are bleeding in a ditch somewhere, because you missed your roll by 1!!!!

37The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:+2 is +2....  and you never know what improvements could have been made (if yall play this campaign like that)...  Total waste of a good weapon.  

Gold won't help you when you are bleeding in a ditch somewhere, because you missed your roll by 1!!!!

Also the fact he's taking weapons, and he's a monk. So he can't use them. I never played Monk, so I forgot that.

38The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Doesn't sound like a very noble Monk!

No offense!

Razz

39The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:35 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:Doesn't sound like a very noble Monk!  

No offense!

Razz

Except myself and Tony, they all evil. I think.

40The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:17 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Even so, his material affinity seems to be opposed to the asceticism of the monk class... hmmm. I never really gave that much thought.

41The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Donrick only plays a C.E. BESM Venom character. Not a L.? Monk who tends to be religious/spiritual in some way.

Hysterical.

42The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

What I do is if its a group killing and every one is searching their kills then yeah but announce it for each person individually.  If you killed it and are searching it then this is the loot you found.  If you share it then all good, if not then its your choice.  Don't take the "roll" out of roll playing then its no longer fun.  A rogue cant be a rogue because all of the loot that he takes has to be shared.  So if I have to share it then why steal it.  Plus it should be my prerogative if I want to share or tell people what I found.  I may want to sell it and buy something that I can use or something that could be of more use to the group.  What good is an ax to a warrior who couldn't hit the broad side of a mountain if he was dropped on top of it.  Healing potions and res potions are far more valuable to me than him having an ax.  I say don't announce it unless its a group kill and group loot.  If we raid a dragon horde something as a group then all good.  If I raid it then no keep it quiet unless they find it also.  Or of its something that's way to big to carry or hide.

Plus if I want to kill a Rogue who is stealing or holding out on us then I should. Hence "ROLL PLAYING".

43The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

sorry it was busy at work and I could check the board until now. I am still reading it all. I am slow as dirt.

44The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:sorry it was busy at work and I could check the board until now.  I am still reading it all.  I am slow as dirt.

Can yall do a roll call so I can know who is who.  Sometimes people use your forum names and other times they use your actual names, and I am getting confused.

I will also suggest (again) that yall join the facebook group so i can see your faces... because I am nosy.

45The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

I am Joey. Toepoker is my warcraft main toon's name. Very Happy

46The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:

What I do is if its a group killing and every one is searching their kills then yeah but announce it for each person individually.  If you killed it and are searching it then this is the loot you found.  If you share it then all good, if not then its your choice.  Don't take the "roll" out of roll playing then its no longer fun.  A rogue cant be a rogue because all of the loot that he takes has to be shared.  So if I have to share it then why steal it.  Plus it should be my prerogative if I want to share or tell people what I found.  I may want to sell it and buy something that I can use or something that could be of more use to the group.  What good is an ax to a warrior who couldn't hit the broad side of a mountain if he was dropped on top of it.  Healing potions and res potions are far more valuable to me than him having an ax.  I say don't announce it unless its a group kill and group loot.  If we raid a dragon horde something as a group then all good.  If I raid it then no keep it quiet unless they find it also.  Or of its something that's way to big to carry or hide.

Plus if I want to kill a Rogue who is stealing or holding out on us then I should.  Hence "ROLL PLAYING".
Isn't it Seven years bad luck to kill a rouge Smile

47The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:I am Joey.  Toepoker is my warcraft main toon's name.  Very Happy

I have never allowed myself to play WOW, because I know that I would end up being one of those people that never leave their house and die from drinking too much soda during a raid or something crazy like that. ha!

48The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Moose or Rob good with either

49The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I didn't share the nature of the potions the party pocketed or any individual loot but the box was handed to Callaghan in front of the party for the party. Until Nikki tells me otherwise I will post communal loot if it was not discussed during the sessions since time is not always on our side.

50The Distribution of Power - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:39 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:I didn't share the nature of the potions the party pocketed or any individual loot but the box was handed to Callaghan in front of the party for the party.  Until Nikki tells me otherwise I will post communal loot if it was not discussed during the sessions since time is not always on our side.

I think I split this, but I'll have to find where. I don't remember.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum