CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Distribution of Power

+3
Malevolent Moose
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:I don't even know what to say.  Part of me wants to say "I am no one's toy."  Part of me thinks it is funny, because I am sure Lem actually does feel territorial.

Part of me thinks yall are all WAY TOO out of pocket now...

Shit I didn't  even think we were talking about you anymore....Wow someone feels self important...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Even if you weren't talking about me... Me being important isn't a feeling, it is a FACT. Recognize.

152The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:I don't even know what to say.  Part of me wants to say "I am no one's toy."  Part of me thinks it is funny, because I am sure Lem actually does feel territorial.

Shit I didn't  even think we were talking about you anymore....Wow someone feels self important...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Even if you weren't talking about me...  Me being important isn't a feeling,  it is a FACT.  Recognize.

I recognize Nothing..... your not the boss of me Mad Mad

153The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:

Even if you weren't talking about me...  Me being important isn't a feeling,  it is a FACT.  Recognize.

Omg! I had no idea there were children on this forum. I would have filtered myself!

154The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:

Omg! I had no idea there were children on this forum.  I would have filtered myself!

Now I must say good day to you....

155The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:56 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Lem asked me to behave so I will, I dont want to get hit with a GM stone. Plus I am new to his game I still need to get the feel of him and his gaming style. Moose and myself are not easy players so I don't want to piss him off early.

156The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Oh come on Moose. It is all good fun.

Joey, hopefully he wouldn't put is you in game for setting on the forum. Ha!

157The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

It appears that this argument is pointless because if last session was any indication looting is not really on the short list of player priorities. Tony grabbed some junk to make up for the money stolen from him by a monk and a priest, no one else really cares about stuff. This is a good thing. No more arguing!

158The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Last time I seen loot, there was a "dead" body with it. I still ain't ready.

159The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:Last time I seen loot, there was a "dead" body with it. I still ain't ready.

Didn't you read the last update. You guys raided a thieves' guild lair and didn't think to loot the place for it's very likely ill-gotten goods. As good characters you wouldn't loot the magistrate's home when he calls you in for a meeting but looting the treasure horde of a group of criminals. But since you guys don't like stuff it's a good thing. No bickering over valuables if the party is full of paupers.

160The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:
The Reality Tailor wrote:Last time I seen loot, there was a "dead" body with it. I still ain't ready.

Didn't you read the last update.  You guys raided a thieves' guild lair and didn't think to loot the place for it's very likely ill-gotten goods.  As good characters you wouldn't loot the magistrate's home when he calls you in for a meeting but looting the treasure horde of a group of criminals.  But since you guys don't like stuff it's a good thing.  No bickering over valuables if the party is full of paupers.

Actually, I didn't read the last update. And since I wasn't there. Well I would have looted. Research labs are expensive. So are apprenticeships (probably).

161The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

Didn't you read the last update.  You guys raided a thieves' guild lair and didn't think to loot the place for it's very likely ill-gotten goods.  As good characters you wouldn't loot the magistrate's home when he calls you in for a meeting but looting the treasure horde of a group of criminals.  But since you guys don't like stuff it's a good thing.  No bickering over valuables if the party is full of paupers.

Actually, I didn't read the last update. And since I wasn't there. Well I would have looted. Research labs are expensive. So are apprenticeships (probably).

Read the update, important deeds are transpiring.

162The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Now that you guys are beginning to get back on track I can start dropping more loot. I'm looking to being more diverse with what I put into the game, let's see how the power is dispersed.

163The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:Now that you guys are beginning to get back on track I can start dropping more loot.  I'm looking to being more diverse with what I put into the game, let's see how the power is dispersed.

Considering their track record, I expect they will either fail to look for the loot or sell all the best items immediately after finding them.

Last edited by Cambria on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

164The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Now that you guys are beginning to get back on track I can start dropping more loot.  I'm looking to being more diverse with what I put into the game, let's see how the power is dispersed.

Considering their tract record, I expect they will either fail to look for the loot or sell all the best items immediately after finding them.

That is fitting with their style of play but maybe it's because they did not like the kind of loot they were finding. What I'm really tempted to do is like the old Baulder's Gate PC game have the treasure just spill out of the dead enemies' bodies. That way loot won't be abandoned, We'll probably be complaining about how they stop mid battle to grab goodies. Then we can have a party fully equipped for their adventure and happy that their pockets are fat. They might even be more brave in their combat choices if the loot is trapped within the monster's bellies. We will see.

165The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Considering their tract record, I expect they will either fail to look for the loot or sell all the best items immediately after finding them.

That is fitting with their style of play but maybe it's because they did not like the kind of loot they were finding.  What I'm really tempted to do is like the old Baulder's Gate PC game have the treasure just spill out of the dead enemies' bodies.  That way loot won't be abandoned, We'll probably be complaining about how they stop mid battle to grab goodies.  Then we can have a party fully equipped for their adventure and happy that their pockets are fat.  They might even be more brave in their combat choices if the loot is trapped within the monster's bellies.  We will see.

Sure now that I will be out a month you are going to play Santa Claus
and I bet by the time I get back you will be back to your old cheap self

166The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:13 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:
The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

That is fitting with their style of play but maybe it's because they did not like the kind of loot they were finding.  What I'm really tempted to do is like the old Baulder's Gate PC game have the treasure just spill out of the dead enemies' bodies.  That way loot won't be abandoned, We'll probably be complaining about how they stop mid battle to grab goodies.  Then we can have a party fully equipped for their adventure and happy that their pockets are fat.  They might even be more brave in their combat choices if the loot is trapped within the monster's bellies.  We will see.

That is the plan. Smile

167The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

That is the plan. Smile

you are such an asshat

168The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Or you can continue to dole out loot in a logical manner and we can continue to suffer for bad play. We don't improv well when plans go wrong (as they tend to). We each have our moments, but as a whole it's too inconsisent. We need to either be better or suffer being under geared (or having to pay through the nose to get said gear). But spoon feeding, while a simple solution, is just wrong. And yes, I'm aware at some point I'll wind up bitching about what I just wrote, But that's life. And I bitch. Who even pays attention to that anyway.

Also, I just can't imagine a +2 Keen Sword just chilling safely in a bugbear's tummy. Just saying.

169The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:02 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:Or you can continue to dole out loot in a logical manner and we can continue to suffer for bad play. We don't improv well when plans go wrong (as they tend to). We each have our moments, but as a whole it's too inconsisent. We need to either be better or suffer being under geared (or having to pay through the nose to get said gear). But spoon feeding, while a simple solution, is just wrong. And yes, I'm aware at some point I'll wind up bitching about what I just wrote, But that's life. And I bitch. Who even pays attention to that anyway.

Also, I just can't imagine a +2 Keen Sword just chilling safely in a bugbear's tummy.  Just saying.

This is interesting. I offer to give the dog a bone and they don't want it... weird.

170The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I feel like your campaign is getting to the point where it is just a video game in person. These guys need to man up, and work for it. I understand as a DM you are probably frustrated, because you have so many great plans and treasures that these guys see no value in or don't even try to acquire.

I know I am not playing, so my opinion doesn't really count... but I can also say I would have looted the hell out of that thieves guild... and I never would have sold the scimitar.... so...

171The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:17 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:I feel like your campaign is getting to the point where it is just a video game in person.  These guys need to man up, and work for it.  I understand as a DM you are probably frustrated, because you have so many great plans and treasures that these guys see no value in or don't even try to acquire.

I know I am not playing, so my opinion doesn't really count...  but I can also say I would have looted the hell out of that thieves guild... and I never would have sold the scimitar....  so...

I've given that scimitar thing a bit of thought. Maybe leveraged a trade. My guy is an illusionist. I suck at combat (obviously). Maybe an amulet or ring. Something. But gold. Meh. Also, I would have took stuff, but, vacation. I needed it.

172The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:20 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:
The Reality Tailor wrote:Or you can continue to dole out loot in a logical manner and we can continue to suffer for bad play. We don't improv well when plans go wrong (as they tend to). We each have our moments, but as a whole it's too inconsisent. We need to either be better or suffer being under geared (or having to pay through the nose to get said gear). But spoon feeding, while a simple solution, is just wrong. And yes, I'm aware at some point I'll wind up bitching about what I just wrote, But that's life. And I bitch. Who even pays attention to that anyway.

Also, I just can't imagine a +2 Keen Sword just chilling safely in a bugbear's tummy.  Just saying.

This is interesting.  I offer to give the dog a bone and they don't want it... weird.

Dog chews may cause sickness.
http://pix11.com/2015/01/02/pet-treats-recalled-because-of-possible-salmonella-contamination/

But seriously, do you give a bad dog a treat? No. You smack him in the face with a newspaper and hope you've trained him well enough to not bite your face off.

173The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:I feel like your campaign is getting to the point where it is just a video game in person.  These guys need to man up, and work for it.  I understand as a DM you are probably frustrated, because you have so many great plans and treasures that these guys see no value in or don't even try to acquire.

I know I am not playing, so my opinion doesn't really count...  but I can also say I would have looted the hell out of that thieves guild... and I never would have sold the scimitar....  so...

I've given that scimitar thing a bit of thought. Maybe leveraged a trade. My guy is an illusionist. I suck at combat (obviously). Maybe an amulet or ring. Something. But gold. Meh. Also, I would have took stuff, but, vacation. I needed it.

The gold helps his backpack feel full. Don't hate.

174The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:

The gold helps his backpack feel full.  Don't hate.

Full of wine lol!

175The Distribution of Power - Page 7 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Serpent wrote:

The gold helps his backpack feel full.  Don't hate.

Full of wine lol!

Nope, just gold and broken dreams.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum