CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Distribution of Power

+3
Malevolent Moose
The Reality Tailor
The Serpent
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do? Just curious. I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

52The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

Donnie isn't on the forums, so in game. In time. Color spray. confused Sleep lol!

53The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

(/*O*)/ ~ ┴─┴

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

54The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:53 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:(/*O*)/ ~ ┴─┴

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(ノ^_^)ノ┻━┻ ┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)

55The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:Yikes, I responded to Toe's post but his post was actually off topic so here I am going off topic.

Again I wonder why people aren't jumping on Donrick for doing things that Moose implied he might do?  Just curious.  I really thought the item would benefit the party and wonder why it was so easily cast away.

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games. Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it. I don't understand the current make up of the group. Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

56The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:

You saw my reaction! I can't believe they sold that scimitar. I am still upset about it.

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

The make up is as follows(from my point of view):

Team Fireball
Joey/Bouldershoulder- leader of the dynamic duo
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Lian/Magnus- stays in character, usually isn't sure what's happening
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation
Pat/Mr. Marcus- out for self

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.

57The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

To be honest I wasn't paying much attention to what Donnie-chan was doing. Then I heard him sell the sword and was like...fuck. Then I got distracted trying to find shinies for my character, and a mentor. Then other people went. I just wonder why a monk, whether good or evil, is so interested in material things (i.e. items, gold, etc.). I thought monks were all about the journey and spirituality and the ganja or something. So why he is taking things he can't use, I don't understand. Especially after the whole shenanigans with what new friends might do. What's best for the party does not include selling magical items.

Also in regards to new people, I offered an olive branch in the form of the scroll from the bullywog's prize to us. No one said anything. Except Lem's smartass response. It still stands by the way.

58The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:37 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Is this the beginning of Team Awesome Fireball? I hold my breath.

59The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

I don't agree with the "every man for himself" point of view (I think Moose said that). To me, if you don't want to play with the group and help build a strong group, just play video games.  Part of the fun of playing table top games is playing with other people.

But, as I said, I also blame the other people in the party for even letting him sell it.  I don't understand the current make up of the group.  Did people let it go because they didn't want to spend their own gold or trade, because they didn't feel they should have to pay or trade with another person in the party, or because they just didn't understand the value of the item?

Once he chose to sell it there wasn't much they could have done to stop him but I do believe there was a bit of confusion when it came down to the value of the item.  Nicky is new enough that she might not have realized that the weapon's potential to be magic would have made it worth the trade(though husband number 2 would have given it to her for free I'm sure) and Darnell was just obsessed with getting a big hammer for his character.

Team Fireball
Rob/Etrigan- man of shadow, out to better self and Joey if it doesn't cost him anything

Team Awesome
Darnell/Polaris- leader by vote, concerned with getting a big hammer and having animal companions
Alan/Callaghan- seems to be interested in the advancement of the party, prone to shutdown and become useless if things don't go his way
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Donrick/Gar- out for self and Nikki, quick to grab any treasure everyone ignores but usually let's everyone else have first pick
Chad/Smarf- MIA
Tony/Jareth- too nervous about speaking up to do much if anything other than a quick heal or a perfectly timed trap activation

I think that the fact that there are two teams illustrates one of the problems and while Team Fireball is well oiled (if shady) Team Awesome is barely a team at all.

I don't know if I could even play in this campaign if that is a serious and honest breakdown of the group... which I am sure it is, because I trust your judgement.

I would be a total bitch.  Alan would throw a chair, Nikki would call me her Shaun, I don't know how Donrick would react...  I would FORCE Tony to speak up and tell everyone to shut to fuck up and let him talk.   Moose and Joey would probably end up on my team, though.

60The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Team Fireball

Team Awesome
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Chad/Smarf- MIA

I think you are misrepresenting us after one game Lem
and for the record I am not only out for myself but I am also not going to give everything away either....I believe you have to earn what you get.
Alan your offer didn't go unnoticed I saw it and thought it was a cool gesture but my opinion is you guys worked hard for the spoils you got and since we weren't there to help you guys you guys should keep them.

61The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I may be being a bit harsh in my assessment of the players but I am also not so far off. Though I imply Moose is shady I also clearly acknowledge that Team Fireball is in fact a Team and that is what the group is lacking. Last session saw the most teamwork since the game started and look, you guys survived and completed not 1 or 2 but 3 quest(more or less).

Scabby or not you manage to work well with your dwarf companion and I hope people realize how useful a party is in a social game that relies on team play.

62The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:I think you are misrepresenting us after one game Lem
and for the record I am not only out for myself but I am also not going to give everything away either....I believe you have to earn what you get.
Alan your offer didn't go unnoticed I saw it and thought it was a cool gesture but my opinion is you guys worked hard for the spoils you got and since we weren't there to help you guys you guys should keep them.  

Oh Moose... I think he got you perfect... own it.

You and Joey seem kind of jackassish, but so am I. You could be a good edition, if you just have some decorum when pushing things forward.

I totally agree with you that you shouldn't give things away. People need to earn them, but you also have to consider how items could help the party, and that by helping the party, you help yourself.

63The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.

I feel though that many in the group follow this path.

64The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:58 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Did you even read about the class or how it should be played? You watch anime, look how holy monk type characters are played. mainly read class's quick description.  

Bump!

Facts!

65The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:59 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Regardless of what people say Donrick is still a NooB. I bet you (Don) just looked at the monks HP and damage then said WORD let me play this!

Donrick and Tony have been roleplaying longer than I(though I too am still a noob). I do encourage everyone to read their class description though. It definitely points a player in the right direction.

66The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:I may be being a bit harsh in my assessment of the players but I am also not so far off.  Though I imply Moose is shady I also clearly acknowledge that Team Fireball is in fact a Team and that is what the group is lacking.  Last session saw the most teamwork since the game started and look, you guys survived and completed not 1 or 2 but 3 quest(more or less).

Scabby(hate this word) or not you manage to work well with your dwarf companion and I hope people realize how useful a party is in a social game that relies on team play.

I like to think of myself as enigmatical Question Question Question

67The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Cambria

Cambria

This seems so spot on. I would personally dock him XP for acting outside of his class, or make him change his class to go along with the way he is playing (in game, of course).

68The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

69The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:"Jackassish" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Have you two met?

70The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Dock EXP, bah. Lem would rather kill the toon off and have it start over..haaaha

That will learn the player.

71The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

My real friends know me so well

Very Happy

But people don't seem to learn like that so I might take a different tact

72The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Dock EXP, bah. Lem would rather kill the toon off and have it start over..haaaha

That will learn the player.

This group can't handle that tact... which is why I suggested the other things.

73The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I meant it as a compliment! Twisted Evil

74The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:

I meant it as a compliment! Twisted Evil

Wouldn't have taken it any other way Wink Wink

75The Distribution of Power - Page 3 Empty Re: The Distribution of Power Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:
Cambria wrote:

Team Fireball

Team Awesome
Nikki/Rachel- noob boobs
Chad/Smarf- MIA

I don't know if I could even play in this campaign if that is a serious and honest breakdown of the group... which I am sure it is, because I trust your judgement.

I would be a total bitch.  Alan would throw a chair, Nikki would call me her Shaun, I don't know how Donrick would react...  I would FORCE Tony to speak up and tell everyone to shut to fuck up and let him talk.   Moose and Joey would probably end up on my team, though.

This is disturbingly accurate......

Also...

The Distribution of Power - Page 3 60416494

Last edited by The Reality Tailor on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum