CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character alignment

+7
Rattling Bones
The Lycant
The Reality Tailor
deathmvp
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
Drunk Flogger
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Character alignment Empty Character alignment Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Is playing a character using "evil magic" for good make him evil?

2Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think in such an instant we have a character that is walking in two paths. His actions mark him as a force of good attempting to use his abilities for the betterment of others. However that very action taints his soul and marks him for the depths of Hell. I think a similar thing happens when a general gives orders that wins the war and saves millions of people but at the cost of a few dozen soldiers knowingly sent to their deaths. This is why in a comprehensive RPG Alignment isn't always useful. Alignment calls for a somewhat black and white view of things but life is grey.

A hero that uses Necromancy, for example, would definitely be the kind of character to push those boundaries. A hero hounded by Demons for a soul blackened by dark magic and doing good deeds to keep those dark forces at bay.

3Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I think in such an instant we have a character that is walking in two paths. His actions mark him as a force of good attempting to use his abilities for the betterment of others. However that very action taints his soul and marks him for the depths of Hell. I think a similar thing happens when a general gives orders that wins the war and saves millions of people but at the cost of a few dozen soldiers knowingly sent to their deaths. This is why in a comprehensive RPG Alignment isn't always useful. Alignment calls for a somewhat black and white view of things but life is grey.

A hero that uses Necromancy, for example, would definitely be the kind of character to push those boundaries. A hero hounded by Demons for a soul blackened by dark magic and doing good deeds to keep those dark forces at bay.

This is going to be a challenge the next time we roleplay a different campain. i always love necromancers, i tried to stay away from them cause people usually shun them and it might cause a problem if the wrong person notices what i am. im trying to up myself by becoming a better RPer. i want to be put in situations that i cant handle so i can force myself to the next level.

4Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

You want to be in situations that challenge you not situations you can't handle. I get into arguments with NoNo all the time because she thinks I put them in impossible situations but that's not my job. I challenge not immobilize. Its so hard to explain the difference to some people. As a GM I want you to succeed in the end. I just determine the level of difficulty needed to do so.

5Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:You want to be in situations that challenge you not situations you can't handle. I get into arguments with NoNo all the time because she thinks I put them in impossible situations but that's not my job. I challenge not immobilize. Its so hard to explain the difference to some people. As a GM I want you to succeed in the end. I just determine the level of difficulty needed to do so.

i feel its something i need , i dont want to be at "this level" anymore. i felt that with other roleplayers in our group im just the tag along. i want to be more of an asset to the team instead of that guy that was there. im reading alot more books for inspiration and in a sense a guide to what i want my character to be. Axel his destiny might be bigger than his fate but its his resolve that will carry him through.

6Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm glad that you want to step up your game. I say think back to when we were playing Against the Giants with James. You spent a decent amount of time trying to achieve goals other than hitting a monster. What I say is create a background that encompasses some sort of goals and motivations for your character and whenever you are not sure what to do you look back at those things as a moral compass for your character.

7Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I'm glad that you want to step up your game. I say think back to when we were playing Against the Giants with James. You spent a decent amount of time trying to achieve goals other than hitting a monster. What I say is create a background that encompasses some sort of goals and motivations for your character and whenever you are not sure what to do you look back at those things as a moral compass for your character.

i will do that, i still have to find my brother... he is one of my goals!

8Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

always have an unattainable goal. Also have that same goal as a priority, all you want is that.

you tend to get bored. If you keep your toon fresh all the time you will remain interested.

This is also why Lem usually make you the leader.....hint, hint. grow bitch grow!!

9Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:always have an unattainable goal. Also have that same goal as a priority, all you want is that.

you tend to get bored. If you keep your toon fresh all the time you will remain interested.

This is also why Lem usually make you the leader.....hint, hint. grow bitch grow!!

Listen to Chad, he knows his shit.

10Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Leetin McBeatin wrote:always have an unattainable goal. Also have that same goal as a priority, all you want is that.

You say that and i did .... best sex ever yesturday with the mrs. other than that how are you doin bro, my brother doesnt want to be found ATM. thats fine cause i need to protect the people of the world first, cause he is part of it. once i leave this tower my plans would be to ask the king if i may travel for sometime. if i get the leave i would do so immediately, if not i might get someone else to investigate until i can go myself.

11Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:

You say that and i did .... best sex ever yesturday with the mrs. other than that how are you doin bro, my brother doesnt want to be found ATM. thats fine cause i need to protect the people of the world first, cause he is part of it. once i leave this tower my plans would be to ask the king if i may travel for sometime. if i get the leave i would do so immediately, if not i might get someone else to investigate until i can go myself.

Too narrow minded, something grander that you can put some time into. Gromwold wanted a grove and to bring worship of the Earth Mother to the masses. All of my work outside of adventuring was geared toward creating and tending mt grove or subverting the people's religion. Aim high and always be moving towards your goal.

12Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

My evil Mage character that sacrificed everyone With Sean, wanted an artifact for my god. The artifact was the eye of Vecner. Everything he did was geared to obtain it. The drow side quest...yes the eye.... sacrificing everyone...yes the eye.

He was obsessed.

Leetin McBeatin wanted to bring back the old gods, make his religion strong again.

Also sorry to hear about you impotence problem...haaa

13Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

You guys will need to establish your alignment soon. I have been negligent with that specific mechanic because ti doesn't exist in DQ. I need to know where you stand so that I can give more experience for proper roles played...(that should get people to pay attention, exp the currency of tabletop rpgs)

14Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Solomon is LN. Vivian is CN

15Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm

deathmvp

deathmvp

John Smith was NG mean he would do what he though was right and helped the masses even if it broak the law or stayed within it.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

16Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 4:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Game Master in notsoTrue Neutral or he was until you guys started killing each other. Nor he is fueled with righteous fury. Lawful Good!

17Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yea, LG i guess. Was gearing towards that with a strong hint towards the gray.

18Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

I would say Xavros is either Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil.

19Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Juan was Lawful Neutral. Ryoku (even though its Rioku on the sheet) is True Neutral.

20Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Dryden Cether Cos is Chaotic Neutral.

21Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

So Xavros and Cos are both Schitzo and don't know how to play with others... but plays with others. Welcome to the world of CN, mental deranged since the 1970's.

22Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 am

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

The Bubbling Dark wrote:So Xavros and Cos are both Schitzo and don't know how to play with others... but plays with others. Welcome to the world of CN, mental deranged since the 1970's.

Well Cos got shunned for a good part of his childhood so he has a reason. I don't know about Xavrooosssesdd. It could be drugs when it comes to him.

23Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:02 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Its drugs.

24Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 am

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

I thought so..........poor Xavroooossesde.

25Character alignment Empty Re: Character alignment Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Hey man, hey. Hey. Hey...frak you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum