CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Day of The Dragon King

+3
Dark Shoo
Drunk Flogger
The Serpent
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Day of The Dragon King Empty Day of The Dragon King Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

"Once upon a time, there was a land where dragons and the smaller races lived in harmony, and dragon-riders filled the skies! However, something changed all that.

First, a greedy and power-hungry dragon decided to call himself the "Dragon King" and took a group of other dragons with himself to build a fortress in the mountains. He was also paranoid, so he sealed the entrance so that only his smaller-race slaves could come and go in and out to bring him more riches. They keep the riches as well as food and anything else they need or want in the side of the tallest mountain in the land.

Do to the king's ever-increasing greed, many of the nearby towns are impoverished almost to extinction! There is a lot of anti-dragon feeling among the smaller races because of the stories of the greedy king and how he treats his "servants." Dragon-riders still exist but they are so few and they keep everything closer to the vest now to avoid starting fights, even in the streets, just for their kindness to a "hated" race. Many dragons are in fact very good and helpful but in the poorest towns near the mountains, this has been almost entirely forgotten..."

So I need everyone who is coming a week from Saturday (if at all possible) to make up a 3.5 character sheet. Any questions can be referred to me on fb (or Lem). Also short backgrounds for your individual characters you can post in the fb event or on the forum somewhere (I can see and maybe comment I hope).

You will be asked to make a choice, as a group. I put up two "Help wanted posters" on the fb page. https://www.facebook.com/events/487162544702619/
When we play we will see which way the group decides to go!

That's all! Thanks Lem!

-M- (Dragon_Lady)

2Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:13 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

wtf is this you bored bro?

3Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Im guessing its for Emily's game douche jockey

4Day of The Dragon King Empty K I'm gonna try posting again. Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Guys if you are coming Saturday and you saw this thread,
Lem put it up bc i was new to the forum and I couldn't post anything.
Neutral 

So anyways please if you can put a background (based on the world above)
on one of three places for me...  
Here- as a reply, to my email at pie4ever22@yahoo.com (privately),
or on the fb event (or to me as a fb msg once again for privacy).  

The sooner you put it up for me, the more likely I am to include your back-story stuff into the storyline.
Literally, after Wednesday night I am out of time to prepare, sorry.

I hope to see a lot of ppl again and meet new ones on Saturday at 3, my bf and I are completely psyched for it!  
For anyone who doesn't know I haven't roleplayed or seen many of the guys in 3 years (since pretty much when 4.0 was coming out, lol).
lol! 

Also if you can make a 3.5 character sheet for your char to prepare that would be ideal to have done before saturday as well.
Save us prep time so we can have more game time!  If you need help, msg me or Lem, or use the 3.5 character generator
online which does most of the char sheet stuff pretty darn well, I think.
 http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/

https://www.facebook.com/emily.dinger

5Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

What level!?

I also need a sane brother, who's down?

6Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

I'm thinking of having everyone start at lvl 3.

7Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:What level!?

Damn, that leaves me out.

8Day of The Dragon King Empty HAHA & More info. Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Very few of us are actually sane I'm afraid.  I mean what sane person wants to roleplay?  Lol.

So, anyways I wanted to mention a couple of things to anyone who is actually looking at this!
First: I wanted to tell you your starting package so that you can make your character sheets properly...

I'm giving you the following to begin, backpack, bedroll, 7 days rations, tent, waterskin, then you have 200gp to use for armor weapons, lighting, etc...

Seems like a lot but in the game you will need a lot of it left over, trust me...  So use it wisely, dont spend more than half of it on armor.  I made a char sheet with someone and they have over 100gp left for in game, try to have almost that much!  

Thanks!

Can't wait for Saturday!!!

-The Dragon Lady

PS: This has been me with the handbooks lately, lol...
study 
->
scratch

9Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The background for the campaign sounds very much like dragon lance. A game can never go wrong when dragons are involved.

Especially when they like you soo much that they wait till you leave dungeons, just to say HI!

10Day of The Dragon King Empty Character Sheets Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

If it is too difficult for you to have your character sheet done by Saturday, I understand that life gets in the way.  I can roll your stats up for you real quick, just I'll be picking pretty much random skills/feats though.

If you are making it yourself and 3.5 is not something you remember, all of the literature is available free in pdfs on the computer.  And the character generator is amazing, I am even using it for some npcs it's very quick (the link is in my first reply on this topic).  

Plus to lvl your lvl one character to level 3 I will tell you some things to remember:  A level 3 character has your original max hit dice + con modifier, and two more rolls of that hit die, and then you add your constitution modifier.  

Skills and feats are added based on the class so look that up,
.pdf]http://www.aegisoft.be/costa/data/roleplay/D&D%203.5%20-%20Players%20Handbook%20%5BOEF%5D.pdf
and spells are added there if that effects you, also.

All lvl 3 characters are to start with 3000 xp, don't forget that!
Once I get backgrounds I can give out bonus xp for putting interest into the story and your character!

Thanks, as always!!!

11Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

After our normal meetup today it seems clear that most people can't make it this weekend. Can we postpone the game to find a day that is better for everyone's schedule? (Plus it gives more time to develope our character backgrounds)

12Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 am

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

I guess so but it will have to be a Saturday for my sake

13Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Ok so who would be able to make this Saturday, and who votes to move it back a week?

I can only do Saturdays, terribly sorry for anyone that leaves out! I'm working with Khourie so he can come for part of the session, and Random if u read this can you see if you can come just for one Saturday to see an old friend? This isn't going to be an ongoing campaign, as i am making a special trip to brooklyn between two jobs myself, on my one day off. this is my one-day one-time thing and it won't be the same without you, buddy.

14Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Random

Random

honestly, I'm not going to lie. I have to get permission from my girl. its the only day we have to spend with each to do something that doesn't involve chores or shopping or dealing with someone's family so she kind of gets upset when I leave her to go "play with my friends," as she says, on the weekends. And I cant convince her to come she thinks the fact that we RP and play magic is a childish concept and I don't want her to come to kings games just to sit there and be upset or bored. but I well see what I can do, not for this weekend or next but after that Ill do my best, maybe ill tell her to go play with her friends and ill go play with mine. Smile

15Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

I know what you mean about Saturdays. They're my only day with Gerry also but fortunately for me he loves games too. He's really excited to play d and d and meet my friends from my "other college" lol cos I tell him how cool u guys are! If we gotta wait two weeks and then it'll work for u, u just gotta let me kno so I can tell the fb ppl within a reasonable amount of time, ok? Thanks!

16Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Random

Random

yes in two weeks I can do it.

17Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Yay!!!

18Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Ok all we have a definite date!!! Random and Khourie can both make it (at least for part of the time) on Saturday September 14th! The rest of u who I rly want to see again said 'whenever' but 2 'let you kno soon' so here it is! We meet there at 3pm on the 14th! stay as late as u can (til they kick us out!) Sorry about the confusion but here's something to get you into it...

In our tale of an evil dragon king there will be rule-breakers, secrets, and treasures of all kinds: those rewarded to heroes whose characters are respected, the gold, silver, and gems that usually constitute treasure, treasured feelings, & new bonds of friendship!

There will be stories of forbidden love, magical items (that i totally made up, teehee) that protect, and those that destroy! There may even be a giant gourmet feast to look forward to in our tale, if you play your cards right!

So what do you say?! Is two and a half weeks long enough to get me the most kick butt backstory you've ever written so that we can enjoy the heck out of our "Day of the dragon king?!"

19Day of The Dragon King Empty MAP, back-story jumpstarter Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

Map

Ok, so to get you jump-started with back-stories, I came up with what the world looks like.  Other than a river and some lakes, the only water is ocean around all of the coasts.  The closer you get to the coast, the further you get from the problems with the mountains and poverty.  About the trader towns, (they are shown to have boats): you will probably have a background of wealth if you were brought up there.  Like I said closer to the middle of the giant island means closer to the problems...  

I don't want to give you too much background to start off.  I mean maybe you sort of know the layout of the land and maybe you don't based on your upbringing.  I don't want to give too much info about the towns, I'd like YOU to tell ME what your town/towns were like, and if we have conflicting info, we'll fix it bc now we have time.  I just made up a few locations so that you could use names and a reference point.  If you wanna create another town, feel free, just let me know where it is located on here!  The NW, NE, SW, SE segments, and referring to other landmarks will help you explain the location, I hope.

It may be obvious to you, the player, that we will be using Altervis as the location for our "Dragon-King Day," so my only stipulation is that you have never been there before and the end of your story leaves you willing to travel pretty much wherever a caravan will take you.  I'm not saying your story should be horribly sad ( I mean I suppose it can be), just you're willing to let go of your past in search of adventure, fame, fortune, or something else I haven't thought of, ok?

Questions, anyone?

Tell me if you can't see the map/link/img and I will try and figure out where I can put it so that you can.  Thanks!

20Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:19 am

Random

Random

Chaos' Plague wrote:What level!?

so lem ill be your sane brother. we think alike already u might as well do it.

21Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Dwarven Battle Cleric! Called it.

22Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Dragon_Lady

Dragon_Lady

We have a cleric and a rogue so far... If u guys let me know what you're thinking of being and/or what town you're from that'd be cool. Smile

23Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random it is!  Looks like we will be the dynamic duo causing all kinds of havoc.  Emily could we all be level 4 instead of level 3?  If not, cool.

Random,  I'll write our background.  Just help me decide:

1. Barbarians with a grudge against society
  2. Warrior Sellswords looking for a forgotten treasure
  3. Holy men(not necessarily clerics) on a quest of expansion
  4. Villainous pair of outlaws looking to escape persecution

Each has it's merots and your coice will determine the background I write and ultimately what class I(we) choose

24Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Emily a few questions to you, The DM:

What is the common currency?

What are the 3 most common races?

What 2 events have been the most prolific in the last 5 years?

How common is magic?

What gods are prevalent?

How common are adventurer types?

25Day of The Dragon King Empty Re: Day of The Dragon King Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:33 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Could Random and I be Tieflings or Aasimar? The races have a level adjustment so we would always be considered a level higher than we are. You can adjust that by making us 1 level lower than the other PCs. If part level is 3 and we are level 2 Aasimar we would be level equivalent to the rest of the group.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum