CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Half-Dragon

+4
Talis of Stormfall
Dark Shoo
Legendary
The Serpent
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Half-Dragon Empty Half-Dragon Mon May 17, 2010 1:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Half-Dragon

Str: +3
Con: +3
Cha: -6

Size: Medium, however considered large when calculating spell effects and other size specific situations such as avoiding being pinned by a Dragon Liege.

Animosity: True Dragons hate what half-dragons represent and hunt them down whenever possible.

Breath Weapon: Half-Dragons have a breath weapon similar to their much larger progenators. A half-dragon's breath deals damage equal to 1d4/number of hd. This can only be done once a day.

Resistance to charm, sleep, and confusion: +2 to saves concerning charm, sleep and confusion spells.

2Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 3:15 am

Legendary

Legendary

"Animosity: True Dragons hate what half-dragons represent and hunt them down whenever possible." Does this apply to good dragons too?

"A half-dragon's breath deals damage equal to 1d4/number of hd. This can only be done once a day." When you say 1d4/number of HD, do you mean 1d4 per HD or 1d4 divided by HD?

3Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 11:52 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

That usually means "per"

4Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yes. Dragons are a prideful lot whether good or evil. The idea of a halfbreed is an affront to their sensabilities. Evil Dragons might attack out of spite and anger and demolish everything in its path towards the Half-Dragon abomination. Good Dragons might take a more subtle approach to killing the Half-Dragon insult like approaching in the form of a human knight and challenging the dragon to combat. Either way True Dragons shalt not suffer a false dragon to live.

Dragon Breath: 1d4 per hit dice.

5Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu May 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I just wanted to be clear on the way it was written. I know it normally means per, I just wanted to make sure.

Cool, as long as it's only the dragons that's cool. What I had for the background there is only two issues, but it should still work out.

6Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I've seen how much thought and work went into goblins and drows into making them as similar to the monsters as possible, why hasn't that much thought gone into half-dragons? If they're going to look more reptillian than humanoid why not give them natural attacks with their claws and bites? If they are going to be scaly, why is there no armor bonus for that? And what about their immunities? Just curious Twisted Evil

7Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 am

Legendary

Legendary

While I'm here, Do Half-Dragons have to be half human? Can they be half dwarf, or half elf, or half orc, or half gnome, etc? And since half elf/orc already exist, would it be viable to combine the abilities of the races? I've always wondered why no one asked this before......

8Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:17 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Half-Dragon

Str: +3
Con: +3
Cha: -6

Size: Medium, however considered large when calculating spell effects and other size specific situations such as avoiding being pinned by a Dragon Liege.

Increased XP: 30%

INFRAVISION: Like a Drow.

ANIMOSITY: True Dragons hate what half-dragons represent and hunt them down whenever possible.

SCALES: Half-Dragons receive a +2 natural armor bonus to AC.

BREATH WEAPON: Half-Dragons have a breath weapon similar to their much larger progenators. A half-dragon's breath deals damage equal to 1d4/level. This can only be done once a day.

ELEMENTAL RESISTANCE: Half-Dragons receive a +10 bonus to saving throws against the breath weapon of their type.

FEROCITY: Half-Dragon do a 1d6 + Str damage when using a claw or bite attack.

STRONG WILL: +2 to saves concerning charm, sleep and confusion spells.

LANGUAGES: Common, Draconic

Last edited by Dark Shoo on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Legendary

Legendary

What about the immunity to breath weapon element? Very Happy

10Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

My vote would be no but maybe some type of resistance

11Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

My vote would also be no. We are making races that are potentially playable using C&C and the Half-Dragon and Drow are already coming close to complicating the rules. Complication could be fun but when its unnecessary it should be avoided. Resistance and immunity is an ability so powerful that very few creatures have it in Castles and Crusades, we don't want the playable Half-Dragon more powerful than more prolifc than Beholders, Trolls and the like.

However, since the topic has been approached overpowered or notwhat else do you think the race should have Legendary?

Resistance:
No- 2
Yes- 1

12Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Lol. Why even put it to a vote? If neither of you want it in the class, then it's not going to go in. Whom ever doesn't want to play the class will just say no to everything or just agree with you. There's no point in trying to convince you guys....

13Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The purpose for this forum is for everyone to have a voice and a say. You might feel like you can't convinve us *Boo Hoo, i'm crying- insert pout* but if the masses say give it immunity or give us death it will get immunity(they still might get death but who knows...). Here everyone has an opinion. By putting it to a vote we have effectively put the power in the hands of those that actually read the crap written on the site and post.

... I'm done ranting, and crying

14Half-Dragon Empty I vote... Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I vote yes i say u should get a plus 10 to a breathe weapon save if the element in question is the same as yours...For example a red dragon breathes fire on a half dragon whose breath weapon is element is fire, makes sense i think...

15Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I can't believe I am saying this, and it makes me want to vomit a little, but I vote yes to some form of resistance. I think it only makes sense. Maybe not resistance as much as a bonus to a save role similar to how poison is dealt with. Immunity is taking it too far, but a bonus of some sort makes sense.

I really like Greed's idea as well. I think the bonus should be put in the parameter of the half-dragons own breath weapon. As they say, you can't fight fire with fire.

I think an interesting twist on this would be to give a penalty to breath weapons of the opposite type.

16Half-Dragon Empty Lyrah not on my lap nooooooooooo!!!! Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Lmao to lyrahs comment...im surprised u held back ur gag reflex dere hehe...

17Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I was thinking the same as Greeds comment was read by me. I agree with Lyra.

18Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

So how much resistance are we talking bout?

19Half-Dragon Empty 10 resistance Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I'm thinking +10 bonus to saves concerning sed element...example elves receive a +10 bonus to saves concerning sleep and charm...

20Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

That sounds appropriate. I don't think they should get the weakness to the element though. Should we give them wings as well?

https://cncwwii.forumotion.com

21Half-Dragon Empty Well idk Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Honestly i dont kno about completely ruling out the weakness to a certain element...and wings no not at all i feel it would be 2 overpowered to give a class, if so definitely not at the start maybe they could develop over time with experience and role-playing...but i would not say that they should start out with wings...The class already seems more then sufficient to live up to the esteem that most of us have for the race, in stating that some of us have to remember that balance needs to be kept....if u are unsatisfied it is not an indication the we need to add more, rather it can be read as an indication that the race is balanced, and therefore is complete...We must keep in mind that if we addded everything we could the end product would be a seriously godlike race and remember thats not what we are goin for, we are goin for a simplified version of half dragons that fits into C&C because such is the creedo of the game system which is simplicity...

The world 2 times over could never be enough....
-Greed

22Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Yea I agree wings would be do broken. But do we all agree with the +10 to saves.

23Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Hmmm...mmmhh...let me clear my through..ahhmm....

Dragons are extreemly powerful. Half dragons are half as powerful.

The funny thing to me is that this thread lasted soo long. If it was April I think you all the fools.

24Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

That sounds like Yes from Leetin.

25Half-Dragon Empty Re: Half-Dragon Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Wings come with the territory. If Half-Dragons are the shadow of their forebearers then they should reflect that notion.

Dragons: Breath weapon
Half-Dragon: Breath Weapon

Dragons: Claws and Bites
Haf-Dragon: Claws and Bites

Dragons: Elemental resistance... not sure
Half-Dragon: Elemental Resistance

Dragons: Wings
Half-Dragons: Should have some to keep up the trend

Dragon: Frightful Presence
Half-Dragon: well, they are part dragon and that's scary

https://cncwwii.forumotion.com

Sponsored content