CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Difficulty with Difficulty

+5
The Reality Tailor
Dark Shoo
Legendary
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Funny, I get the feeling that while you guys expect your fighter-types to do good damage(Bouldershoulder and Magnus) yet you don't expect enemy fighter-types to do the same. Hmmmmmm, maybe they should attack you guys with feathers and pom-poms.

You guys have not fought something with an unwieldy to hit since the Giant that killed Gar. Stop crying.

27Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Yall are really exhausting. I can't remember us ever having these issues when I was in the group, because we had people that stood up and took the hits every single time. Was it ridiculous that people ran and hid in stair wells? Absolutely. But to be honest, we didn't even factor them into our encounters.

Tony, running from combat, as a healer, makes you absolutely pointless. People need healed DURING the encounters. If you run and hide and people die... what good are you? And the rest of you need to step up and protect your healer when he is a part of the combat so that he can continue to heal you.

28Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:Yall are really exhausting.  I can't remember us ever having these issues when I was in the group, because we had people that stood up and took the hits every single time.  Was it ridiculous that people ran and hid in stair wells?  Absolutely.  But to be honest, we didn't even factor them into our encounters.  

Tony, running from combat, as a healer, makes you absolutely pointless.  People need healed DURING the encounters.  If you run and hide and people die... what good are you?  And the rest of you need to step up and protect your healer when he is a part of the combat so that he can continue to heal you.  

That's what it means to wear the dress in the group. You tell it like it is like a Boss Bitch. lol. she has a point guys, just sayin'. I've been the party healer, wait no I was a druid so my healing was actually ass, so I was the second string party healer with shitty stats and gear. I still was in every combat and fucked shit up. Get in where you fit in but the key part of that is get in. If you survive but the others don't you've failed and you will likely die too but if you're the healer that goes above and beyond for your team the team will reciprocate.

29Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

The Serpent wrote:Funny, I get the feeling that while you guys expect your fighter-types to do good damage(Bouldershoulder and Magnus) yet you don't expect enemy fighter-types to do the same.  Hmmmmmm, maybe they should attack you guys with feathers and pom-poms.

You guys have not fought something with an unwieldy to hit since the Giant that killed Gar.  Stop crying.

See this where I say reading is fundamental. My statement was an answer to an asked question not a complaint. Plus I tank every encounter and heal every encounter. I deal damage and take damage plain and simple. I was commenting on your asked question if you should increase or decrease the difficulty. Leave it as is and giving a reason does not mean complaint. I used the 29 points as an example of getting my ass kicked to show why the difficulty should not be raised not as me crying. The thing I was crying about was our healer running and our having to be dependant on an NPC to heal us. Or our healer running and taking the NPC healer with him. And this goes back to another post on the forums "Know your Role".

Also don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer too.

30Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Funny, I get the feeling that while you guys expect your fighter-types to do good damage(Bouldershoulder and Magnus) yet you don't expect enemy fighter-types to do the same.  Hmmmmmm, maybe they should attack you guys with feathers and pom-poms.

You guys have not fought something with an unwieldy to hit since the Giant that killed Gar.  Stop crying.

See this where I say reading is fundamental.  My statement was an answer to an asked question not a complaint.  Plus I tank every encounter and heal every encounter.  I deal damage and take damage plain and simple.  I was commenting on your asked question if you should increase or decrease the difficulty.  Leave it as is and giving a reason does not mean complaint.  I used the 29 points as an example of getting my ass kicked to show why the difficulty should not be raised not as me crying.  The thing I was crying about was our healer running and our having to be dependant on an NPC to heal us.  Or our healer running and taking the NPC  healer with him.  And this goes back to another post on the forums "Know your Role".

LMAO.

This was actually directed at the same healer you are mentioning. So I completely agree with you, reading is fundamental. I must have plucked a nerve. You'll be okay.

31Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:
Toepoker wrote:

See this where I say reading is fundamental.  My statement was an answer to an asked question not a complaint.  Plus I tank every encounter and heal every encounter.  I deal damage and take damage plain and simple.  I was commenting on your asked question if you should increase or decrease the difficulty.  Leave it as is and giving a reason does not mean complaint.  I used the 29 points as an example of getting my ass kicked to show why the difficulty should not be raised not as me crying.  The thing I was crying about was our healer running and our having to be dependant on an NPC to heal us.  Or our healer running and taking the NPC  healer with him.  And this goes back to another post on the forums "Know your Role".

LMAO.

This was actually directed at the same healer you are mentioning.  So I completely agree with you, reading is fundamental.  I must have plucked a nerve.  You'll be okay.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing So Sad

32Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

And The Contest continues..........

33Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

This is what I was talking about. So unless you meant something else then my bad. But even playing a caster type I try to get into the fight because every point of damage counts.

As for that giant you didn't give team fireball and the other one I am in a chance to take it out. But you want us to step it up okay, I will step up my game to accommodate those who are falling behind. I will do it.

34Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

#givethemwhattheywant

35Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Lycant wrote:This is as accurate as it can be. Everyone assumes that I am a pure coward, but that isn't all true (only partially). In the back of my mind, I'm calculating my staying power within the fight and over the course of the current quest. A lot of times, the roll (though Lem has been shielding his rolls for this game) will be a 2 and he'll still hit. Follow up with a 10 for damage, where most people have only 20-30 hp, I tend to stray away from direct combat.

This is what this

is referring to.  But please step it up, pick up the slack and drag your snarky sidekick with you.

36Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

This is as accurate as it can be. Everyone assumes that I am a pure coward, but that isn't all true (only partially). In the back of my mind, I'm calculating my staying power within the fight and over the course of the current quest. A lot of times, the roll (though Lem has been shielding his rolls for this game) will be a 2 and he'll still hit. Follow up with a 10 for damage, where most people have only 20-30 hp, I tend to stray away from direct combat.

[/quote]

confused confused confused

Cheating Lem?????? Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

37Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose wrote:#givethemwhattheywant

Hash tag was for you Cambria cause I know how you love them Wink

38Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:40 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Can't quote from my phone, but @cambria,

I never said that I ran as the healer, I said that lean more towards the rear. Since this character been in existance, I have been doing good as the healer, with the exception of running out of spells. In fact, the times we lost characters were when I wasn't around. The druid died by an explosion. Garr got molliwopped by the giant when he and Darnell went to get treasure (that was obviously a trap). Rachel and Ruby died on their own. Garr maybe the closest that I could have saved but even then, I think it was an O'Keefe moment for him.

Yes I may complain, but that doesn't mean that I have not been putting out the effort.

39Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:49 am

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:#givethemwhattheywant

So fucking annoying!!!!!!!!!

40Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:05 am

Cambria

Cambria

The Lycant wrote:Can't quote from my phone, but @cambria,

I never said that I ran as the healer, I  said that lean more towards the rear. Since this character been in existance, I have been doing good as the healer, with the exception of running out of spells. In fact, the times we lost characters were when I wasn't around. The druid died by an explosion. Garr got molliwopped by the giant when he and Darnell went to get treasure (that was obviously a trap). Rachel and Ruby died on their own. Garr maybe the closest that I could have saved but even then, I think it was an O'Keefe moment for him.

Yes I may complain, but that doesn't mean  that I have not been putting out the effort.

I'm sorry, but I have been at the table with you many times, and I've never known you to even once participate in an encounter. I'm not trying to be harsh, but seeing that a healer is "in the back ground" annoys me. Your job is to heal and to keep people alive.

In addition, the rest of you need to step up and protect your healer well enough that he feels ok stepping into battle to heal you. If you aren't doing that, you deserve to get hit and even die.

And lastly, Lem, do you have an NPC healer? You need one. Low level character's with limited spells and potions can't keep up.

I am of the opinion that once you have a group that you play with regularly, who have experience and are ready for a serious campaign, you should just start everyone off at level 5. It is a good starting point for experienced players.

Anyway. I'm done now.

41Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Cambria wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have been at the table with you many times, and I've never known you to even once participate in an encounter.

In addition, [/u][/u]the rest of you need to step up and protect your healer well enough that he feels ok stepping into battle to heal you.[u][u]  If you aren't doing that, you deserve to get hit and even die.

Sorry sexy you can't protect what is not in the same room with you.  Just like you can't heal if you are not within touching range.  But its all good.  I got a plan or two in the works, so let the body count rise.  Oh and another thing our illusionist even tried to hang in the fight longer than our healer which to me speaks volumes and he doesn't even like us!

Most of this group has already turned around so its not the same the group you used to roll with.  One main boss is already dead and that for Lem was unexpected and a surprise.  Now that we know for sure what to look forward to, and we have a map we can prepare.

42Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Sexy? I could be the ugliest, fattest girl you've ever seen..... You never know.

Anyway... That is ridiculous. I have said what I have to say about a healer not being there to heal you.... But I will add one more thing. I'd prob kill the healer myself if a member of the party died and they were hiding instead of healing. I don't understand what fun there is in role playing if all you do is avoid everything.

43Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:25 am

Toepoker

Toepoker

Cambria wrote:Sexy? I could be the ugliest, fattest girl you've ever seen.....  You never know.

I see that you are the visual type. What I find sexy is that you are willing to challenge and fight if you have to. That to me is sexy. So being fat nahh. I am fat and I look pretty good. Ugly yeah but I still get the ladies in the bedroom. For an old guy I still got game.

As for killing the healer a bit rough don't you think?

44Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I know it seems harsh, but I truly find that so frustrating. What is the point of even role playing if you avoid every encounter. I have been in this situation quite a few times before, and it actually infuriates me. During our campaigns, we had a few people that were always front line taking all the hits, and the other party members would stay out of the battle, or just choose not to act at all. I think we even had someone crushed by a boulder, because they decided on their turn to just stand there. WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF PLAYING IF YOU DO NOTHING????????????

I would completely rather die in action than to just sit at the table quietly while everyone else battles.

So yeah.... I can see myself being so angry and frustrated that I would just decapitate a healer that chose to stay safe in another room while their party is getting hammered and dying. If you don't want to heal.... DON'T BE A HEALER!

45Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:12 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

After this, I'm not saying more. But as the healer I HAVE BEEN doing my job. When I said I stay more to the rear, I meant that I'm not in direct combat. But I am within range to assist the fighters. Again, when I am with the party, no one had died. Only one situation was I near to even know about the death and I couldn't have done anything about it. He died on one hit. Not even oh he's in negatives. Just straight up dead.

I'm done with this. I have said my piece and will not comment any further.

46Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

First let me apologize. Your right. Your character is yours to play not ours to judge. I want to apologize to Moose also. I am always picking on him for being grimy. But that's the point in role playing. We just need to adapt. I got a plan for it.

47Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:First let me apologize.  Your right.  Your character is yours to play not ours to judge. I want to apologize to Moose also. I am always picking on him for being grimy.  But that's the point in role playing.  We just need to adapt.  I got a plan for it.  

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

48Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I don't apologize. I meant everything that I said. It is what it is. Most of my comments were in general and not directed totally at Tony. Tony knows that I like him, and that I have said over and over that the guys need to stop running over him when he tries to talk in game, and all of that. My comments about a healer came mostly from my own experiences in similar situations. I can't speak for your game, because I am not there, but I absolutely believe everything I said.

Like I said previously, I have been in games where players are literally inactive. Lem or Jimmy would go to them, and they would take so long to make a decision on their actions, that they'd get passed over, and literally just be standing in one spot doing nothing in the middle of battle. I have also experienced the usual tank guys raging in battle, taking hit after hit, and when it goes to other party members they say that they literally hide in the stairwell.... like literally say "I hide in the stairwell." WTF???????

So my opinion and frustration is based on experiences I have had. In the forum it was inferred that Tony took the NPC healer and went to another room during an encounter.... If that happened, every player that took hits without being healed has a right to say WHAT THE FUCK??????

Role playing is not a soft comfy experience. I learned that in my first ever campaign.

If I hurt your feelings, Tony, I am sorry. But it is being related in this form that you literally weren't even in the room during encounters. So that is why I took the position I did.

49Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cyberbully........ Very Happy Very Happy

50Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:Cyberbully........ Very Happy Very Happy

Please enjoy this eyeroll...

Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 Eye-ro10

Difficulty with Difficulty - Page 2 1fadad10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum