CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Difficulty with Difficulty

+5
The Reality Tailor
Dark Shoo
Legendary
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

What are you guy's thoughts on the difficulty of the game overall?

I like to switch things up, sometimes easy sometimes diffficult , but I know that over time people have grown bored of easily killing everything or bitter because everything keeps killing them. What are you guys thoughts?

Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

So far I am still alive and happy. No complaints from me. Except for the obvious, too much rolls instead of roles. Though that complaint is not valid as of late.

I could use an epic battle were good tresture is the reward. The best gear have been thoughs that we recently aquired from the Gnomes. I also, figure the Drow will be more than worthy in treasure and Difficulty.

Cooky random (prePlanned)encounters are always fun.

3Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Legendary

Legendary

First of all; were you drunk when you posted this? Second, Why does it have to be either? Why can't it be both? For instance: Fighting 30 Goblins, easy. Fighting 30 Giants, Hard. Fighting 10 Giants and 20 Goblins, interesting...

4Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:03 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

10 Giants and 20 GOblins... sounds like a great idea for tonight's session.

5Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Yea right! that's a bad idea.

6Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Legendary thanks for the idea! Grom killed more than half the party last night! We concentrated on killing the giants...and we killled all but two. The Goblins sloowly chipped away on the party casually dropping one by one. By the time the encounter was over we lost Lyion, Random (again), Kourie, and me.

The survivors ran for the hills. Leaving two Giants and 10 goblins to pick through our corpses.

Thanks man!! you just ended the land of the four!!

7Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Maybe it should have been 10 Giants and 5 Goblins...

8Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

My Dark Mage is gonna be sick(Not Shoo).

9Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I'm rolling up a Goblin Pally that uses a two handed sword. My strength is 20. Figure I will wear a plate mail helmet and call it a breast plate.

10Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:16 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Goblins can't be palladins that's restricted to Blood Elves and Draenai.

11Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

LOL

12Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:51 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That's the rules, I tried...

13Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Demon it is....

14Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

You mean Holy Swordsman?

15Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The Great Gromwold wrote:Goblins can't be palladins that's restricted to Blood Elves and Draenai.

The demon.

The Holy Swordsman does not appeal to me in any way.

16Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The original post is starting to seem valid to the current campaign. Thoughts?

17Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

What will our group of level 3-5 heroes do against the giant standing in the way of them getting Gar's corpse? I need an AD&D Monster manual to compare the old Hill Giant with the 3.5 version.

18Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:06 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:What will our group of level 3-5 heroes do against the giant standing in the way of them getting Gar's corpse?  I need an AD&D Monster manual to compare the old Hill Giant with the 3.5 version.

Drinking ale from it's skull.

19Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:37 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:What will our group of level 3-5 heroes do against the giant standing in the way of them getting Gar's corpse?  I need an AD&D Monster manual to compare the old Hill Giant with the 3.5 version.

Or end up the flour substitute for a lovely flatbread. Especially if you guys run in there halfcocked but after killing the Fenborn elf maybe you guys will surprise me.

20Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:52 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:
The Reality Tailor wrote:

Or end up the flour substitute for a lovely flatbread.  Especially if you guys run in there halfcocked but after killing the Fenborn elf maybe you guys will surprise me.

"I wonder if the peasants can make bread out of acorns"
-Viceroy of Bannis

21Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm trying to find difficult but not unbeatable monsters to throw against you guys... Hydra's have been done but Purple Worms are too strong.

22Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Personally I think the game difficulty is fine where it is.  The reason for this is because you are trying to set up encounters for the whole group but forget that some within the group don't really fight.  So if the group is 5 you send in 7 but forget that its really 3 who are really doing the fighting so it's 2 to 1 odds in there favor.  So it makes it hard enough as it is.  Plus not very many potions, or spells of healing are being used.  It seems a waste when your getting hit for 29 points and you can only heal 8 points per spell.  It also sheds some light on why the group has to stop and rest every time they have an encounter.  It makes the game frustrating.

But maybe its just me.

23Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:55 am

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Oh Shit
Dm on GM crime

24Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Toepoker wrote:Personally I think the game difficulty is fine where it is.  The reason for this is because you are trying to set up encounters for the whole group but forget that some within the group don't really fight.  So if the group is 5 you send in 7 but forget that its really 3 who are really doing the fighting so it's 2 to 1 odds in there favor.  So it makes it hard enough as it is.  Plus not very many potions, or spells of healing are being used.  It seems a waste when your getting hit for 29 points and you can only heal 8 points per spell.  It also sheds some light on why the group has to stop and rest every time they have an encounter.  It makes the game frustrating.

But maybe its just me.

This is as accurate as it can be. Everyone assumes that I am a pure coward, but that isn't all true (only partially). In the back of my mind, I'm calculating my staying power within the fight and over the course of the current quest. A lot of times, the roll (though Lem has been shielding his rolls for this game) will be a 2 and he'll still hit. Follow up with a 10 for damage, where most people have only 20-30 hp, I tend to stray away from direct combat.

In the last campaign, just before we ended is when I took a step up. With high AC and HP, my staying power was in par with what Lem threw. I did tank and we managed to survive.

For this role, I'm more the healer than tank, so I will tend to be more back stage than up front. There had been times in this role that I stayed up front, though, so I am getting more involved.

25Difficulty with Difficulty Empty Re: Difficulty with Difficulty Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Well as a GM I can only tell the story. If it's a tale of daring do and great heroics but the players are more suited to wearing skirts and sweeping hovels than wearing kilts and cutting down the English there isn't much I can do. And if characters that consistently deliver damage in the teens can't handle the occasional 29 dmg in a steady stream of 5s and 6s than maybe even the bold characters need to step it up. Seems like difficulty isn't the difficulty it's the cowards needing to get it together and the stout needing to stop crying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum