CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Art of Role-Playing

+4
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Leetin McBeatin
Areowyn
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:34 am

Legendary

Legendary

He did give me a logical reason as to why it could never happen. He said I couldn't do it. As the DM he said I couldn't do it. As the guy who runs the game he said I couldn't do it...Are you starting to see the picture?

27The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:35 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

then you roleplay trying it to show that you are serious about it. you can do anything if you roleplay hard enough

28The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:32 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

lancelot chamomile wrote:then you roleplay trying it to show that you are serious about it. you can do anything if you roleplay hard enough

Idea

29The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Legendary. You look at a character and go hmm, how can I make him a god even before I start playing him? The role of the GM is to make sure that the majority if not all the players are having fun.

If he allows you to be a god because you backgrounds said so, then he needs to allow everyone to be a god with artifacts. Come on you are alll paranoide and say that the DM is out to get you, but on the other hand you admite all the time that you go out of the way to breat the syustem.

Life is a two way street.

30The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:15 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

yep leetin is right. stop trying to beat the system and the system will stop beating you lol

31The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Legendary

Legendary

It's not paranoia when the DM actually says you can't do something....Yes I do try to beat systems, that's why I tell him about it b4 I try to do it. This way he can say, "No you can't do that you dick." I feel this helps him be a better DM because it will open his mind to all kinds of combinations he might never thought of. With these new combos he might create a monster of some kind that can do those things and every playing will have more fun because then the monsters are challenging...So I will not stop trying to break systems. I will continue to tell the DM how I can break the system and everyone will have more fun because of it... cheers

32The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:40 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

nope. If you keep trying to break systems and he keeps saying no THEN STOP COMPLAINING WHEN HE SAYS NO. you know hes going to say no because your trying to break his game. No DM after planning for so long wants his game broken so by you going in with a set plan to break it he will say no. Think about it

33The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Its being distruptive and also effect the party in a negative way.

34The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

lancelot chamomile wrote:nope. If you keep trying to break systems and he keeps saying no THEN STOP COMPLAINING WHEN HE SAYS NO. you know hes going to say no because your trying to break his game. No DM after planning for so long wants his game broken so by you going in with a set plan to break it he will say no. Think about it

Lancelot speaks the truth.

35The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Lol, not everything he says no to breaks the game. And it's only a complaint because you're reading it as such. I'm just letting you guys know what happens behind closed doors. Besides I get tired of people always complaining to me that my characters are boring or have no personality or something like that. I'm just trying to let you know why they are such. That's all. No biggy...

"Its being distruptive and also effect the party in a negative way."

How so?

36The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I cannot take this! Why do you guys even feed into it? Seriously... It is POINTLESS!!!!!!!

37The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Legendary

Legendary

HA! don't you start too Shoo...You do the same thing I do with the exception that you don't tell the DM what you're trying to do. You break games all the time, but since you don't tell the DM anything and sneak it by him you actually do break it. Take your current character for instance. In C&C you're only supposed to have 1 attack unless your class gives you more, like the fighter. The DM was being nice in allowing us to make checks to gain extra attacks. Then with a single item you completely broke that rule. You get at least 3 shots without even having to make any checks and you could probably get more if you start rolling for them. Even the fighter, the supposidly best fighting class because that's all he does, only get 2 attacks. Even then he has to wait till like lvl 7 or something before he can do that...So don't you start trying to say something about me breaking games. At least I'm up front about it... afro

38The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I have 1 normal attack, 1 extra attack from my bow and another from my class. 3 attacks. I actually dont understand how this is breaking the game.
Also what you just described was the Siege engine that allow players to do whatever they want with few limitations with 1 or more siege rolls.

39The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

As asked By Lyrah; I will not respond to complaints for 3 days.

also, we should have a complining section. This way all off these threads are not continued bits and pieces of the same conversation. The same conversation in every thread, every thread has the same conversation and theyare all saying the same exact thing over and over and...........over

40The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Just like what happened with the blog.

41The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Admin we need order in all of this chaos!!!!!!!!

42The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Its the weekend, Admin is off...

43The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I think everyone... well... almost everyone... should come visit me!

44The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yo woman why not come to the heart of Brooklyn a visit us.....oh wait I live in queens....ahh ohh yea..... clown

45The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Hey... I would if we had a spot to all get together. Seriously... we are all sitting on this forum all day. We should hang out.

46The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Cambria

Cambria

........and the crowd goes quiet............... ok

47The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I love you

48The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

If we had a spot, I'd be there... we are all home wishing we were all together. Too funny.

49The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

He, just finniched watching Entaurage on HBO.

Yea, so lets get together!

Governors Island has free Kyaking class's and a huge ass trampaline!

50The Art of Role-Playing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Role-Playing Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

yawn...i just woke up so i guess we arent hanging out today. awesome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum