CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know this forum is about role playing, but...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Lycant

The Lycant

I want to make a video game! I need help. Can't promise any money now, but if we have the same success as three college grads, we could eventually have a company as big as theirs; Blizzard.

I figure since I have the time, I should be using it towards my dream. But my limitations prevent me from doing it. Can't compose music, can only draw to a certain extent, can write somewhat, can program a bit, but doing all this by myself would never get me anywhere. Working with a team could get a project moving forward, maybe even keep me motivated throughout the whole thing. So my question is, who is willing to join in?

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

What is your idea?

The Lycant

The Lycant

I have many, but the goal is for us to come together and begin the process of building a game. When I say this, I mean sit down and discuss what we need, who we need, what everyone can do, is willing to do... etc. I want this to be a serious project, one that may make the headlines of something (web site or gaming magazine) or at least make the attempt to do so.

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Do you have a plan?

What ganra of game do you plan on making?

Making a game could be fun but it takes work. Let us know what you have on your mind.

The Lycant

The Lycant

That is why I posted here, to see who would be down first. I want to get an idea of whom would be willing to participate. Then we could set up a meeting place, where we could discuss our first step of making a game. The game I want to produce is a RPG that is based on a story I started writing many eons ago (one that needs to be finished). However, I don't want to take point with the game right away. I want to hear other opinions and ideas, as maybe Role Playing may be too complicated to start. So is any one else going to comment?

The Serpent

The Serpent

I am interested but I'm not sure what I could bring to the group. I'm down, I just wanted to see what your plans were before I commited.

The Lycant

The Lycant

Now that I got a response from Grom, heh heh, I feel better.

Any way, what I need is for us to decide what our first project will be. So far, the roles in this project COULD (only because of who commented on it and what I know them for) be like this:

Programmers

C. Bauer
A. Diaz

Writers

L. McMillan
A. Diaz
J. Diaz

Graphics/Spriters

None ATM

Music

None ATM

SFX

None ATM

Again, this is only from what I know people can do. My bro mentioned he could write in terms of a storyline so I'm almost positive that is what he will do. I know what I can do, so what I need is for everyone who wants in to tell me what role or roles they could do. Mr. Bauer said something about setting up a forum that we could work on for this project. If we get a good amount of people, I could possibly get him to set it up.

The Serpent

The Serpent

Bauer is also a writer. Leetin is very creative, and a fan of Lovecraftian literature.

9I know this forum is about role playing, but... Empty i Can write and design... Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I can write and do art design, not to strong on the programming but yea i can design characters, scenary, backgrounds,all that for our graphic designers once we get some...speaking of which i have 2 friends who are thinking of doing the same thing...its just an idea they been kicking around but, i could ask them if their interested ones a semi decent graphic designer...more fuel for the fire!

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ok, realistically non of use have ever created a game before.

How about?

We start small. Lets say a simple Atari style game like Portal. I think if we over whelm ourselves with a massive project we can get discouraged.

I suggest we start simple.

Portal was suggested because it was created be the designers as a side distraction wile they programmed bigger games. Read the history on this game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_%28video_game%29

The Lycant

The Lycant

Just to let everyone know, I haven't given up on this yet. Just that atm, I still am in need of a job. But it is in my deepest desire to complete my dream of creating a video game. Once I'm settled, I'll let everyone who still wants to be apart of this project what the deal will be. BTW, I do have an artist on board for this endeavor once we get rolling.

My idea is to work on a practice project first, one that we can just fool around with just to see how we work as a team and get our feet wet. I'm considering that it would be my Pokemon Campaign. Note that it would not be a project that would be sold, of course. Not unless we want to be sued to the ground. But at least with Pokemon, we have stuff we could refer to and at least imitate.

This is only an idea but we'll talk more once I'm stable

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum