CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Perfect Paladin

+3
Dark Shoo
Lord Naiilo
Talis of Stormfall
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:06 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

he knows you by now. if he tells you put 2k gold down that means your going to be naked lol

77The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Plus certain armors are only availble to certain people.

Example:

Not everyone can buy any of the platemails, you need permissio from the kingdom. Even though its innthe book it does not mean its available.

78The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:48 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

yep

79The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty u kno... Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Dont nitpick this plz read it in entirety and take it in before you rebuttle.... Since leetin gave you a roleplaying aspect to why you cant have platemail i thought i would give you a more in depth combat orientated one...i currently have the highest ac in the party, And do u kno wat that is...26, my character is about levl 10 and i didnt start out with a 26 ac either, i started out at levl 2/1 with something around 16...I had to earned my 26 as do u...To me its fustrating at times becuase i have to forgo magic so that my ac doesnt stray over 30, because of the difficulty increase that having such a high ac brings to the party...TO hear that you want to start out with a 26 Ac off the bat at levl 1 is kinda ridiculous bro...LEmme put it like this I started out with a 16 ac and over about 9 levls I have accumulated 10 ac making my ac 26...If you start out with 26 by the time you hit my levl you would have about at the very least 36 ac...
Im letting you kno now that the AC a character has is directly connected to the difficulty of the foes he faces (ie the monsters the dm throws at him), because one of the dms main jobs is to challenge his pcs and if a pc is not getting hit he is not getting challenged in my opinion...at levl 1 you would not be able to stand against a foe that could consistently hit a 26 ac ...you kno u may not realize this but lem is actually doing you a favor in getting rid of your armor...me i think I would just give you what you wanted and let you fight a foe capable of that armor class so it could just one hitter quitter your ass and let you roll up a new character I would love to see what you say then... Case and point the boss that just 1 hitter quitter me could consistently hit 36 which is way above What i could handle at lvl 10...case and point why i lost...case and point why you cant have a 26 armor class at lvl regardless if you do it by legal means in the book...If i were you i would take the shitty armor class and get hit for minuscule damage than have a high ass ac and be getting 1 shotted by monsters capable of fuckin that ac up...

80The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Legendary

Legendary

See the hole in your idea is that I'm with characters that have that high AC, so I get 1 shotted constantly. Whether my AC is high or not will not change the fact that anything I fight that can challenge you guys is going to one shot me anyway. At least with a good AC I might not get hit as often therefore able to help out during a fight. Also, my AC would only go up if I got magic items that do so. A starting character with that high of an AC would only have normal armor(ie not even masterwork). Since it would be a new characters you guys would ignore him in giving him magic items even if he saved the parties lives. So getting those magic items that will boost the AC past 26 would take a very long time and my characters don't lest that long. Besides, AC doesn't matter when you fight mages...

81The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

you odnt last that long because your always thinking about your next character instead of thinking of your current character

82The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Lol. I don't last that long cause I die...

83The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty ANyway... Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I feel as tho your ideas and topics about the role of a paladin have been very insightful...best reply shocked me becuase it came from Legendary his reply makes me a lil fustrated because it proves he can roleplay but just decides not 2...so Kudos, .to Legendary for a well thought out and level headed response to my qs of WWJD(Wat would JAden do) lol...Im just kidden but ill have a another q in bit for u guys to bust some brain vessels ova...and before i forget honorable mention goes to chaz his culture rebuttles were insight indeed..

84The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

true dat

85The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I am always remiss to agree with the likes of Greed, however I have to admit that it is very frustrating and disheartening to see a very inciteful and intellignet response to a roleplaying question posted by the player that does it the least. To know that you purposely don't open your mouth...

Sometimes I think its because you're roleplaying your character The retarded Warrior with the Heart of Gold but that image was dispelled when you played the alien elf scholar with the foreign name (which I did love saying, AAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrmanddddddddddddddooooooooooo). He spoke on occation but you still played the role of guy in the back # 7. My role as GM is to play background and B characters you guys as PC are the stars.

Back to topic...

To play the perfect Paladin should be about knowing what you stand for and symbolizing that belief against all opposition. If the party wants to slaughter innocence, and it goes against your beliefs you CAN'T just standby and let it happen. If you stand for justice then you must be justice no matter what. In choosing to be a paladin you accepted the mantle of HERO above all else, no other player has your same commitment to heroism and being 'The Good Guy'.

86The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:10 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

having a following of people is not in the job description but its the perks

87The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Paladins traditionally have commanding presences, thus the CHArisma being the prime. They are exemplars of justice and good and they scream it with their pores. People and creatures that are good flock to the paladin once he has a symbol or frequents a place enough that he becomes famous. Usually a keep is acquired and maintained and then followers come in droves. Be a symbol and people will come. We flock to symbols easier than ideals which is why the high ideals of pure religion hide behind symbols to rally the masses(cross, star of david, cresent moon and star)

A paladin IS the symbol of good. Be that symbol.

88The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i know what i must do now

89The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yea, stop detecting evil every 10 minutes.

90The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

try and stop me

91The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Heh, you stopped yourself.....or was that Sinn?

I think it was both of you. Thanks. No more Palies, yes, yes, yes.

92The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 am

Legendary

Legendary

IDK...I think Shoo is going to make a pally.... Razz

93The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

sinn stopped me from detecting evil but i will make sure that my next character is a chaotic good character that prides himself on ridding filth from this world Razz

94The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:38 am

Legendary

Legendary

How did he stop you from detecting evil?

95The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

because im dead...

96The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Lmao!

97The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Legendary

Legendary

HAHA!!!!!

98The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i guess me being sneaky but looking like i was undead was a premotion of things to come....Sad

99The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty Re: The Perfect Paladin Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I still don't know what you was trying to do there...I understood the whole trying to be silent so sh wouldn't know you was there and then getting a sneak attack off or something. But what was with the walking around following her?

100The Perfect Paladin - Page 4 Empty ummm... Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Paladins dont sneak attack...period

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next