CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Perfect Rogue

+5
Dark Shoo
Drunk Flogger
Leetin McBeatin
Lord Naiilo
Talis of Stormfall
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Perfect Rogue Empty The Perfect Rogue Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Since pat asked i thought that this would be sufficient place for us to give our insight on the Rogue class, all nice and compiled so that he can easily read and understand it!!!!

2The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Well, honestly pat if u reading this, it comes down to what u want the character to do. I don't know what is the perfect rouge but from my point of view, rouges r stealthy, quick with there hands, masters of the art of escape and sometimes tricksters. Next, what is the background of your rouge. Once you know that, now u have the major idea of ur character.(also even if u fall asleep pat style, ur character can still work around it.)

3The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The Lord is right. Find your rhythm.

Con artist
Pick pocket
Cat burglar
Thug
Thief, petty
Thief, high end

The list can go on forever. Think of how you want to play and roll.

4The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:04 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

i want to be the scout rougue which is the way i have been trying to roleplay my character. i like hoarding the most powerful thing in the game and using it to what i can achieve "its highest capabilities" knowledge. since i just started roleplaying two weeks ago, i dont expect for me to be good enough to complete difficult tasks on my own. In some ways im scared, it is hard for me to keep making characters that i like and other people like for their personality and not just what they can do in battle. I need to survive. I want to experience the feeling of people (in game) want to talk to me (my character) about something thats not just a conflict or a problem. Something like a real kindship, to the point when they just want to "hangout" and "chillax". i guess that will happen in time, but i do value all the pointers you guys have given me so far and i look foward to your next advice...

Sincerely

The Second Stab

5The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Well Pat, we are all not perfect. And if you just role play your character, you will be just fine.You don't need to have the most powerful things in the game to become powerful, once you role play at least trying to earn it, you then will become powerful.

6The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Dont listen to these guys, all you have to do is remember these 4 letters. WWCD? - What Would Citizen Do?

7The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Lmao. And that is where u die. Doin things like that.

8The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Nailo is rite if u role play and not roll play, ur rogue will survive alot longer... a rogue is not about what he has on his sheet but what he can come up with...thinking outside of the box is an excellent way for rogue to flush out his character...

9The Perfect Rogue Empty Tools of the trade... Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

A crucial part of any ne'er do well arsenal is the tools he carries for executing his devious trades...A rogues is all about the well placed items he uses in those crucial times to get the upperhand in some situations where he mite have bite the bullet... Anything from a low end bag of dust to the high end deathknife can be an asset to u,not to mention save ur hide more than once...look to get some items that fit ur character's archtype... and kno what works best for u...simply put a rogue doesnt need plate-mail...a rogue needs a boot knife for a precise sneak-attack to the ballz... priceless!!!

Dont forget that your greatest asset to the party lies outside of combat...A Rogue is an expert at dungeoneering, his trap finding and disarming abilities are invaluable assets and hard to replace...
Some items that might help in that are ofcourse a bag of marbles, chalk for marking the way aswell as pressure plates discovored, trip line or wire for laying traps if we are not alone or being followed, a ten foot extendable pole for reaching those hard to reach places or for just a reachable place that u dont want to be infront of...solvent & hankerchief for removing contact poisons on those unexpected places doorknobs!!!! (make sure to wear gloves at all times its just safer)... These are just some off the top of my head and should be a guide line to u, the sky is the limit its really wat u think of using other miscallaneos items that may be useful 2 u...Honestly miscelanneous items arent misceallaneous to a rogue really they should be ur key items because rogues can utilize them the most...

Flow just try ur best to think outside the box when ur in a corner, think of the tools uve equiped urself with, they can be more than helpful in getting urself outta tight spots...

p.s. dont forget about the bag of marbles...gudtimes to be had with that shit

10The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Wat Shawn speaks of is some vital stuff that can help in better having an understanding of ur character. Look at, Daichi may act a certain way but as u see, he tries to get into the mode of where his skills lie. So focus toward achieving your goal on becomin ur rouge.

11The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Also as a rouge you should always need to plan 10 steps ahead or be an extremely fast thinker. Unlike fighters you cant use your strength and martial skill to get out trouble or a spellcaster who can use his or her magic to get out of sticky situations. All you have is your wit, quick feet and hopefully you listened to Greed and is packing a few knick knacks.

12The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Word!

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

i was thinking about what you guys said and it opened my eyes to alot of things. Thank you i will start my planing right now actually.

14The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:52 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The key to playing a Rogue is inginuity and resoursefulness. That's why Rogues have the most skills. Of all of the classes they are the one that requires the most thought and input. A Rogue can not handle a one on one 'even' fight. He can't provide the awesome might of arcane spells or the magesty of divine spells. He is neither warrior or philosopher. He is the craftsman but he doesn't craft trinkets or monuments. He crafts opportunities. He see a chance to use a length of rope to eliminate four archers that would have normally turned him into a pin cushion. He turns a normal narrow, sloping hall into a Slide of Death with a bag of marbles and a flask of oil.

The key to being an effective Rogue is to pay attention and constantly live outside the box.

15The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Random

Random

fuck all that WWCD thats how i live life son

16The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Since the creation of this post, Flow has done more roleplaying with his Rogue Elix than can be expected from him. We need to keep him inspired and focused because a talented Rogue in the party is the key to any dangerous dungeon crawl. Rogues find traps, open locks, clib over pits and hear things that others miss. The quintessential Rogue is a bag of tricks, able to accomplish anything in a pinch with a few tools and a collection of quickly thought up ideas. The environment is your weapon, your friend and your companion. never forget that. You need to get your hands on some specialized thieving gear and you could truly feal as useful as your skill set implies.

Combat takes a different tact. A warrior is expected to win battles with blood and sweat. Conan, Sparticus, Colossus, Superman. They all gain victory through knock down dragout brawls. that is the way of he fighter but that you are not. You are a fast thinking, quick on your toes, weasle that wins because of the weapon between your ears and not the weapon between your fingers. Like I said on the bus yesterday, you my friend are Indiana Jones. When I think of Rogues and Indy, I think of his first movie Raiders of the Lost Ark(Leetin or Lyrah correct me if I'm wrong). There is a scene where he is in a middle eastern town or city and the crowd parts to reveal a man wileding a huge scimitar. The mand starts to swirl the weapon effortlessly in a show of sill and prowess and in an attempt to intimidate Mr. Jones. If it were any of us we would have been impressed by his sheer presence. Indy watches... quick draws a pistol and shoots the idiot dead! Backstabbed, the man didn't see it coming. The audiance didn't see it coming. Surprise and circumstance are your friend and the Backstab is your sidekick. Treat her well and she'll kill a motha' fucka' every time!

Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end with a richer roleplaying experience for everyone and you having a character that everyone likes and wants to save.

17The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That was by far my favorite Indy moment! I think it was on a rope bridge? Its been years since watching.

18The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:14 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

rogues are beast. even in world of warcraft. i well geared rogue in pvp is a beast. easpecially with the stunlock. lancelot would have been an awesome rogue if he was one. however i messed up and had him try to do too many things. you my friend tho are elix the sneaks. you are an asset to the party and we need you

19The Perfect Rogue Empty Back Stab Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

A discussion came up about back stab as a class ability. Since its a class ability shouldnt you add your level to the roll because as you progress as a rogue your concentration and ability to hit should increase as well. I know they get a +4 bonus but that isnt much considering a rouge's base. And if you feel the +4 bonus plus your level is too much then how about +4 until lvl 5 then it s like a class skill where you add your level?

Also applies to Assassins and assassinations.

20The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:58 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

makes sense shoo

21The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:33 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Stunning Fist, and Combat Dominance should be included to this list since thay are also class skills. Should level be added to your 'to hit' when you use Combat Dominance against weaker foes, should your level be added to your 'to hit' when you attempt to Stunning Fist? I think not.

Base to hit is one of the ways that the classes are decidently different.
Fighter BTH= level
Rogue BTH= 1/2 level

This equation symbolizes the combat prowess of a trained warrior and the lack of prowess of a guy who can steal like a Mexican(no offense Random, lol). Now, with this class skill debate we are asking whether a Rogue should have an easier time to hit than a trained warrior because he's aimimg for a vital spot, or preparing for a far more forceful blow.

example:
Level 10 Fighter with 13 str attacks with a 'to hit' of 10 (base)+1 (strength)= 11
Level 10 Rogue with 13 str backstabbs with a 'to hit' of 5 (base)+ 4 (backstab bonus)+1 (strength)+ 10 (class skill add level)= 20

A Rogue is skilled at causing extra pain when given the time to prepare not at striking, that is the warrior's province. When we take that away from the warrior where does his worth lay. A Rogue that can't strike is still loaded with a multitude of skills. A warrior fights, that is his domain.

22The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Word, could not have said it better....

23The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:28 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

hmm...lem makes sense

24The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I dont think making a rouge's ability to hit better is going to make another class useless. You arent taking into account the bonuses fighters get and that by what I suggested the rouge doesnt get the +4 bonus, then they become close to even. But the difference is a rogue is taking rounds to be hidden and another preparing just to be on par with a fighter, while the fighter is getting 2 or 3 hits a round.

Also adding your level to stunning fist doesnt sound that ridiculous. A few times a day you can use your most powerful attack that as a monk you took years to master, the bonus wouldnt be broken at all.

25The Perfect Rogue Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:00 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

Evil or Very Mad no good sire Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next