CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Perfect Rogue

+5
Dark Shoo
Drunk Flogger
Leetin McBeatin
Lord Naiilo
Talis of Stormfall
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

OK

27The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:36 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I dont think making a rouge's ability to hit better is going to make another class useless. You arent taking into account the bonuses fighters get and that by what I suggested the rouge doesnt get the +4 bonus, then they become close to even. But the difference is a rogue is taking rounds to be hidden and another preparing just to be on par with a fighter, while the fighter is getting 2 or 3 hits a round.

Also adding your level to stunning fist doesnt sound that ridiculous. A few times a day you can use your most powerful attack that as a monk you took years to master, the bonus wouldnt be broken at all.

Phobos had the same arguement and actually had me convinced for a moment. However I'm inclined to say no. Both the Backstab and Assassination are devastating attacks that do massive damage or kills which is why they are as inaccurate as they are. Imagine the Fighter's ability to hit with the Assassins ability to instantly kill you, from a player's perspective it seems awesome but from a game designer or game master point of view its excessively powerful. One might argue that aking a round to prepare should entitle the theirf-type to a better chance of hitting but I argue that it gives them +4 to hit and either a multiplier on damage or a chance to finish a target instantly. It sucks that it is so hard for a character with low BTH to connect with an attack but its supposed to be hard that's why their BTH is low.

Stunning Fist allows a Monk to hit his opponent in such a way that they are bewildered or rendered stunned. The years of training teaches him how to do that not how to hit better. His BTH goes up every level that's how he gets better over time.

After talking to Phobos I went back to the book to contemplate allowing the addition in my current game but I oticed something very crucial. The addition of level is only to skill checks involving class skills. All class skills that incorperate checks are listed with the associated attribute clearly displayed:

example. Hide (Dexterity), Poison (Intelligence), Disguise (Charisma), Turn Undead (Wisdom)

Primal Fury, Combat Dominance, Backstab, Stunning Fist, Divine Aura, etc. do not list attributes because they are not skill check thus not privy to the addition of level.

Now with that said this is C&C made for simplicity and roleplaying. Am I giving level additions because its a skill? No. Would i give it to someone that roleplayed a sick backstab? That is a completely different story. I have added to people's attacks on sereval occation but it was situational not automatic. Ask Sinn and the Stone Giant Daichi Assassinated that would have smashed him to paste. Very Happy

28The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Also, yesterday when I tried to electrocute the Orcs the DM help me by remind me that two players were singing. That was my responsibility to pay attention, or at least my fellow player.

I was thrown a bone through a DM intervention.

Everyone expects their character to be powerful instead of making said character powerful. I jump through hoops thinking of ways to make Darius (Damian! Twisted Evil ) effective for each situation.

29The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

ahhh leetin, your evil days are numbered...turn back your evil ways for face the consequences

30The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Not evil, just the taint.

31The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think the perfect Rogue looks for the perfect situation. His ideal Backstab is timed to perfection and when the moment to strike comes his roleplaying dictates the kind of rolls, if any, are neccessary.

32The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

aaaand if hes in a party he tells the party members what hes doing b4 he does it. like sneaking off to do random things

33The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Like climbing a wall and telling no one?

34The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

at least let someone know. i understand yor a rogue but if your part of a party you still let them know lol

35The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:32 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Its not about elling the party what you're doing all of the time. Your class is synonymous with being shady, its okay. What's not okay is walking away from your post when the party or anyone's life depends on you. Its true in real life and in-game. Its just wrong to be relied on and to just says F U and walk away.

36The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:53 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

yep. truer words have never been spoken

37The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Wait a minute, wait a minute....I KNOW lancelot isn't telling someone else about not telling the party what he's doing!!!! WTF?! Razz

Second...I'm like the world worst rogue so I can't really give much advice on the class. All I can say is what Shoo said. Figure out what kind of rogue you want to play and perfect that style. If you want to be the backstabbing fighter type, then find ways to be able to "hide in plain sight". If you want to be the trapmaster, then find a way to know how traps work so you can "disarm" them in multiple ways.

You know that while in a session, people are going to be saying you did something wrong or stupid and you should have done this. Take it in strides and "do what's in your heart", but listen to the idea they had(not the words they used) and it could lead to you coming up with something better.

38The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:59 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

This isn't funny anymore... who Hacked Jose's account?

39The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:59 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

lancelot did what he wanted and walked away...jayden however does not. at least not often enough for any1 to notice lol

40The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Lancelot: asks the DM: So the group is planning on what they're going to do?

DM: Yes.

Lancelot: I heard them say that the guy with the keys to this place is asleep next door?

Lancelot: They just said that they were going to sneak over there and take the keys?

Lancelot: Ok, while they're busy planning on how they're going to do that stuff, I'm going to go next door and kill the guy they're talking about.

DM: Ok. You sneak into the room and knock over a vase. There is a loud crash and they guy wakes up. He shouts, "Who are you?! How did you get in here?! GUARDS!!!" They guy pulls a rope and sets off the alarm.

Party: What the hell is that noise? How did the alarm get set off? Crap! We still haven't found what we came in here for... Where's Lancelot?

41The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:16 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

that was forskin septictank. not lancelot

42The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That was his son Foreskin Septictank... still A Lancelot character but, well... you know

43The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I remember events...not names...it was still you and you do things all the time without telling anyone...you even go so far as to text the DM what you want to do so that no one can intervene...You're the last person to give advice on how to tell the party what you're planning on doing.... cheers

44The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

and grom i think u have a message

45The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I do? It says I have no new messages...Or do you mean my phone? It's in my hat under some cloths, on vibrate...The same way it is 90% of the time I'm home...

46The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Legendary

Legendary

HAHA...just noticed you said Grom...nvm...

47The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:24 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

grom is great gromwald

48The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I know who grom is...I just didn't notice it said grom...that's all...

O, that and this: LOOK! I'M A CYCLOPS!!!! cyclops

49The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

lmao, stupid arse

50The Perfect Rogue - Page 2 Empty Re: The Perfect Rogue Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Silly bastards!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next