CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rising of The Nightmare Moon

+10
GoRoboNow
deathmvp
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
Legendary
Drunk Flogger
Random
The Lycant
Rattling Bones
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:45 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The world is Urth, vast and green and alone. Throughout the vast universe Urth alone can sustain life. It is said that long, long ago in a galaxy far far away there had once been another world of green and blues call Earth… but that is a different story. This story is about Urth.

The year is 41XX

1122 years ago a great evil known as The Pale Ender’s Moon was defeated and with his defeat The Ender’s Crystal was shattered into a hundred pieces. The waning of The Ender’s Moon saw an end to a darkness great and terrible but also the end of magic. For a time Urth floated in limbo with no access to its greatest gift but eventually ingenuity filled the whole left by the demise of The Eldritch. The world moved forward without the arcane or divine powers and the 4th age has been one of peace and prosperity. The advent of steam has proven the new magic. However the tides rise higher every month and the moon shows signs of a massive celestial shift. Some even claim that magic has again returned to man but with magic comes a threat thought long dead…

The Kingdom of North Westing is celebrating the coming of age of Malissan, third daughter of King Falkes De Thymes. She turns sixteen on the naming day(the full moon) and will become the governess of the city of Chipan. In celebration a week of games has been declared. The entire city is caught up in merrymaking and the grand games have been organized. Warriors battle in the arena, while Monster Trainers compete in the gyms. The kingdom’s greatest Mecha divisions have arrived to pay homage to she whom is arguable the most beautiful daughter ever to grace the De Thymes line. The ultimate prize is on the line. The winners of the game will gain an audience with the new Governess and will have a chance to ask of her a boon. The stage is set for the turning of the century…

2The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Players Thus Far:

Random- Martial Artist
Lance- Ninja
Tony- Pet Monster Trainer
Chad- Dynamic Sorcerer
Pat- Samurai
Alan- Mecha Pilot
Khourie- Gun Bunny
Dominick- Adventurer
Raheem- Pet Monster Trainer

I encourage players to post their character bios in this thread. Backgrounds are worth bonus exp or character points upon next level, it all depends on the amount of responses I get.

3The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:50 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Session One- Traffic Jam

It was the second day of The Week of Games in celebration of Malissan De Thymes coming of age. The day was young and our heroes were riding a bus on their way to Chipan’s interior in hopes of partaking of the merriment. It was strange to have so many adventuring types in one place at one time. It was even stranger that through various happenstance they all knew each other but thus is the stuff that epics are made of and The Gods of Creation just find it easier to tell their tales when everyone is in one place. This all was over our heroes heads. To them it was just another day, not the day that would change their lives forever.

The bus stopped at an intersection, some might ask which but in truth it doesn’t matter. The sudden detonation of a separate bus chugging pass, yes that intersection rocked their conveyance and showered many with falling glass. The driver was killed and many were on the verge of panic. Cos, Persons, Suichiro, and Ghimo scrambled to get their fellow strap hangers to safety while Juan attempted to calm the masses. Being famous Juan found it easy to get the riders’ attention but a pack of school girls and their dreaded Skirted Ecchi Techniques made short work of his efforts. It became clear very quickly that the explosion was no accident and a local street gang known as The Dr. Peppas was behind the attack. As the Peppas looted and plundered our heroes were spurred by powers unknown to stop the carnage. Fist flew, blades bit and a bus was driven. In the end the Dr. Peppas were put in full rout but not before their leader, a giant whose name may never be remembered, attempted to capture Ghimo and in doing so revealed that there might have been a greater method to their madness.

As the reluctant heroes prepared to flee the scene, which completely confuses The Gods of Creation, a noble by the name of Shinji Hishiro stumbles into their midst, wounded and tired. He pleaded for their help for they had taken her. Many asked who, who did they take? But I’m sure it isn’t hard for you to guess. The Dr. Peppas had taken the princess!

To Be Continued…

4The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Defense in BESM D20

Once an enemy has made an attack roll a character can choose to (1)block
(2)parry/dodge
(3)do nothing

BLOCK:

D20 roll+AC(equal to DEX modifier and any bonus added from feats and/or attributes)+defensive skill points+ 2
blocking can only be done when a player has access to a shield or something interpose between them and the incoming attack

DODGE\PARRY:

D20 roll+AC+defensive skill points

The difficulty rating is the enemy's attack roll.

Dodge/parry avoids taking damage while blocking adds the blocking item's hardness to the defender's armor(protection)

5The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Does that mean our full Ac or just our Dex and armour cuz if it's full ac then it would be d20+16(my Ac)+def and the other would be d20+6.

6The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Your armor has nothing to do with your AC using this variant. Armor is protection only.

7The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:29 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Before we play next, I need help to fine tune my character. I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly.

8The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:33 am

Random

Random

what happens if you tie

9The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Successful defense on a tie.

I was reading the DMG rulings on defensive rolls and armor bonus does factor in to defense rolls(contrary to what I posted earlier). I will need to upload a chart of protection bonuses for each armor type.

After looking at the character sheets it seems that aside from Random, Leetin, and The Beast everyone has work to do in order to finish their character. I might be able to meet Sunday morning to address this.

10The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:02 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I’ve been thinking about the spread of character classes/genre representation in the game. Martial Artist, Ninja and Samurai are cut from the same cloth. A very action based warrior story. Mecha Pilot and Gun Bunny can be lumped into a futuristic big explosions type of action. Nephilim Trainer is a more children oriented friendship based story. Dynamic Sorcerer I see as a character for more of a mystery and investigation tale. Adventurer fits anywhere.

So when put together I need to tell:

A tale of Friendship
Set in a future where action is behind every corner
Mystery rules the day
And There are tons of explosions…

11The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Note: Nephilim is the official name for Pet Monsters, which sort of sounds like where five and scared of cooties.

12The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Are you planning on having Mike play?

13The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

By the way what's wrong with being afraid of cooties? I'm afraid of cooties.

14The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Successful defense on a tie.

I was reading the DMG rulings on defensive rolls and armor bonus does factor in to defense rolls(contrary to what I posted earlier). I will need to upload a chart of protection bonuses for each armor type.

After looking at the character sheets it seems that aside from Random, Leetin, and The Beast everyone has work to do in order to finish their character. I might be able to meet Sunday morning to address this.

yes cause i have a poor understanding of this sysstem. Where is jose when you need him?

15The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 am

Legendary

Legendary

Wandering Omen wrote:

yes cause i have a poor understanding of this sysstem. Where is jose when you need him?

HAHA! Now I'm needed lol. I'm extremely busy with work since with my schedule I work an average of 10 hours a day. I just got the book from Random and will take a look to help you guys out the best I can, but it will be slow since I don't have a lot of time off. afro

16The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Legendary wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

HAHA! Now I'm needed lol. I'm extremely busy with work since with my schedule I work an average of 10 hours a day. I just got the book from Random and will take a look to help you guys out the best I can, but it will be slow since I don't have a lot of time off. afro

first off congrats on a job. last time i spoke to you you was a broke ass bum. second, you can understand the new stuff, within 0.0075 seconds? you slacking! third whats up bro?

17The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Does the block or doge count as an action or is it a free action? Basically it sounds like you should always at least try if it costs nothing??!?

sup, Afro

18The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Forty Three moons ago a child was born with the mark of destiny. This childs birth has been praised and anticipated in folk tale for centuries. On the 8th moon of the year 40XX a child will be born with the mark of the moon; his birth right.

The story goes that upon this childs naming day he will inherit the Urth. So, as we can all imagine his birth was celebrated in the country side were the people are poorer and less connected with the direct influence of the cities of royalty. This common country boy will be the coming of a new dawn of man and age were royalty has no say on humanities action, an age of freedom.

As the years passed the peoples of the country sides all flocked to meet the savior, the boy. Gifts were granted to his poor parents, yes a son of a carpenter will me the future of humanity.

On his 8th naming day the peoples all decided to hide the existence of such a threat and so he vanished to the caves were the peoples secretly horsewhipped him.

One faithful day approximately 14 moons after His birth the land fell into turmoil. Yes, dear reader we know the a man is not a man until he is 15; but the people felt this was His time to rule. So, they all gathered and set forth to take the day. The masses, the peoples all congregated to the caves were He resided, were he was groomed and trained.

Was this Child now a man? We all believed and marched to meet the king, to open the way for the common man. Yes, this was our day!!

It was not our night, no....not at all. 14 was too young, He was not a man. No dear reader, no. We failed. Our first days march we all traveled 30 miles, we the peoples were a well oiled machine. Though the night is were it all happened.

Attack!! came the kings men with death on their minds and blood on their blades. We the people scattered until He rallied us to stand and then, he was dead. Shot through the head by a bullet, the lieutenants bullet. Our stand for change ended here. Our story was never told.

That is why our story is not about the great savior, no. we are here to talk about a common man born of the city, a man with no marks or prophesy about him. Yes, an ordinary man who will be forgotten in history like most are.

Our story ends with a detective on a bus, it also begins on a bus with a pregnant mother rushing to the hospital. That tale my friends will be told another day.

19The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Red Tiger's description Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Baagh Patel codename Red Tiger

6'
250lbs
Indian.
Looks like Gears of War character.
Auburn skin color.
On the right side from neck to waist including arm is burned scar flesh.
Ob the left side from neck to waist including arm is tattooed with tiger stripes.

20The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I've had an interesting idea. I might break this constantly growing group into 2 smaller groups that meet every other week. I would run ever Tuesday and the groups would have a week break between sessions.

21The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Not a fan of this idea

22The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 am

Random

Random

seeing how i might only be able to do every oher week anyways im down for it.

23The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Pat, the group is huge and with the limited time we have to play people who don't speak up will be unable to roleplay. Its just a thought. We'll see afte we have our first full session.

People, after looking at character sheets I see most of you have neglected to spend your skill points and one jerk has extra feats. Looks like much to Tuesday will be spent on character building again.

24The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Lol.

25The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Empty Re: The Rising of The Nightmare Moon Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

BESM Classes

Adventurer

Traditional BESM Role: The Tabula Rasa or ‘blank slate’. The Adventurer is the class used to create any unique character concept not covered by the other existing classes. It’s versatility knows no limits, with highest amount of Character Points and Class Skills.

Nightmare Moon Role: The wildcard. This class defies quantification and possesses the greatest potential and range of abilities. Adventurers fill a small niche in Urth society as mercenaries, and guns for hire.

Divine Sorcerer

Traditional BESM Role: The Magician. The Divine Sorcerer sees the limits on spellcasters forced on characters from other D20 systems and laughs. There is no wall between divine magic and arcane they are both just tools this class may call upon at the drop of a hat. With nearly an endless repertoire of spells the only real limits are those chosen when the game world is created.

Nightmare Moon Role: The Harbinger. Magic has died in the lands of Urth. Yet after millennia it has returned. It is believed that the return of magic heralds a dark time and those that display an aptitude in the art of bending wild magic are shunned or worse. As such most casters keep their magic a secret from all around them.

Gun Bunny

Traditional BESM Role: The Cowboy. The Gun Bunny’s focus is his/her gun, his closest companion is danger. The Gun Bunny lives for the life or death struggle and the exhilaration of bullets flying in massive battles. Naked without his/her guns he eventually learns to travel nowhere without them.

Nightmare Moon The Soldier. The armies of North Westing may have the largest Mechanized force and the most skilled force of MECHA pilots but her military’s backbone is The Gun Smiths. Though only a small part of the grounded infantry the Gun Smiths are specially trained and equipped to lay waste to the enemies of the nation from a distance.

Martial Artist

Traditional BESM Role: The Living Weapon. The Martial Artist is the pinnacle of personal perfection having honed his body into a weapon with no equal. His fist shatter mountains and his feet topple kingdoms. They are heroes and villains; killing, maiming, and crippling all in the search of magical balls that grant wishes or girlfriends stolen through a friend’s betrayal.

Nightmare Moon Role: The Gladiator. One of the most popular pastimes on Urth is the gladiatorial competitions held in every city where combatants are pit against each other to see who is the world’s strongest. Many kingdoms avoid outright warfare and settle disputes in single combat between their best champions. The role of the Martial Artist is that of a show pony groomed and bred to entertain in the deadliest of games.

Mecha Pilot

Traditional BESM Role: The Pilot. The mecha pilot is the man behind the massive machine. At his fingers lie the power to level cities and cause endless pain and turmoil. The Mecha is the space faring, sky ruling destroyer of worlds.

{b]Nightmare Moon Role:[/b] The Pilot. With the advent of steam Urth has been locked in an arms race to discover and command the next great weapon. That weapon is the Mecha. North Westing has the largest army and best trained pilots on the planet. The Mecha Pilot is the army’s special forces.

Ninja

Traditional BESM Role/Nightmare Moon Role: Spies, thieves, assassins. Ninja are the shadows that creep under ever eaves and lurk within every dark alley. They are the stealers of information and the hired hitmen of the underworld and aristocracy alike. Using both natural talent and mystical teachings they defy the physical boundaries of the average man. Their art is ancient and secret and dates back to antiquity.

Pet Monster Trainer

Traditional BESM Role: The Pet Monster Trainer is a generic Pokemon plagiarism. This class focuses all of its efforts on training little captured creatures and training them to fight other similarly enslaved creatures in gladiatorial battles much like the martial artist. As they advance in skill they strive to collect more and more monsters in order to fight even more. If there were a finite number of Pet Monsters, the trainer would live to catch them all.

Nightmare Moon: On Urth Pet Monsters are a special breed of creature called Nephilim. Rare and mysterious, the idea of catching them all is a dream not an aspiration. The Nephilim Arena Battle Circuit is almost as competitive as that of the Martial Artist and very much as popular. Many of the best Nephilim Trainers are pushing for a time when Nephilim fight in place of Martial Artist Gladiators to decide the outcome of war. For now Nephilim Trainers spend their time training 1 at a time to make him as powerful as they can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum