CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abra Kadabra, B!

+6
Leetin McBeatin
Cambria
Talis of Stormfall
The Reality Tailor
Drunk Flogger
The Serpent
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:Don't forget that this thread is for everyone to post item ideas not just me, The Bubbly One. I know Tony and others peek in every other day. Post something.

ohh shyt almost forgot about your boy lem, he is welcome to come play as well make a character for him. he should be a ranged charcter of sorts, or caster.

One more thing, why is casting so ass in this game. it just feels like offensive spellcasters are ass. ok lets look into it deeper, first you cast a spell and you have to make the spell cast or not fail it by 30%( or the worst thing in the world can hapen). then your opponent get to resist it chances of (a boss character not being able to resist is low) then dmg is also ass (d-4+1/lvl) that shyt is sooo ass and unless it has some kind of side effect you wasting fatigue. Spell casting is kind of ass unless your defensive casting (healing, utility spells, etc) i was thinking if i died i would like to be a offensive spellcaster but it seems like a waste of time if we are not fighting weaklings.

Your comment is only valid at low ranks. At higher ranks spells are powerful.

Example:

Bolt of Fire- (D-4)+ 1 per rank damage
*Spells go to rank 20, unlike skills that go to rank 10

Rank 5- (D-4)+ 5, max damage 11
Rank 10- (D-4)+ 10, max damage 16
Rank 20- (D-4)+ 20, max damage 26

the target has an opportunity to resist if they succeed its the same as having missed the attack but if the player fails they take far more damage than a warrior could possibly deliver. In addition most Special Knowledge Spells have added effects, Bolt of Fire(1 of the weaker fire spells) is only a General Knowledge Spell.

Your Saber does D+3? Max damage 13. Against a moderately armored opponent (protection 4) you do max 9. Shoo would do 22 dmg and blow them out of their shoes. Think about it.

27Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:Don't forget that this thread is for everyone to post item ideas not just me, The Bubbly One. I know Tony and others peek in every other day. Post something.

ohh shyt almost forgot about your boy lem, he is welcome to come play as well make a character for him. he should be a ranged charcter of sorts, or caster.

One more thing, why is casting so ass in this game. it just feels like offensive spellcasters are ass. ok lets look into it deeper, first you cast a spell and you have to make the spell cast or not fail it by 30%( or the worst thing in the world can hapen). then your opponent get to resist it chances of (a boss character not being able to resist is low) then dmg is also ass (d-4+1/lvl) that shyt is sooo ass and unless it has some kind of side effect you wasting fatigue. Spell casting is kind of ass unless your defensive casting (healing, utility spells, etc) i was thinking if i died i would like to be a offensive spellcaster but it seems like a waste of time if we are not fighting weaklings.

Example:

the target has an opportunity to resist if they succeed its the same as having missed the attack but if the player fails they take far more damage than a warrior could possibly deliver. In addition most Special Knowledge Spells have added effects, Bolt of Fire(1 of the weaker fire spells) is only a General Knowledge Spell.

Your Saber does D+3? Max damage 13. Against a moderately armored opponent (protection 4) you do max 9. Shoo would do 22 dmg and blow them out of their shoes. Think about it.

Apply ointment to burned area.

28Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

ThatDamnElf wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

Example:

first of all, that bullshyt allan fuk you. second even if that is true we still have multiple attacks so going based off of WHAT YOU said(and by the way it +5) 10 plus the plus 3 twice is 26. protection on both spell and attack e still make out better.

29Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
ThatDamnElf wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

Example:

first of all, that bullshyt allan fuk you. second even if that is true we still have multiple attacks so going based off of WHAT YOU said(and by the way it +5) 10 plus the plus 3 twice is 26. protection on both spell and attack e still make out better.

Well, Pat, I backtracked and reread the spell in order to challenge your comment and it turns out that my comments about the spell were wrong. Bolt of Fire is a Special Knowledge Spell and it does a D-5 base as opposed to the D-4 I had mistakenly misquoted. So I guess your extra attacks trump the fact that I stunned you with the bolt of flames plus the fact that your clothing would have burst into flames, and your Spell Resistance would have been reduced by 10(meaning the next spell would almost auto-hit. So Bolt of Fire is lame, no problem.

Dragon's Flame, also a Special Knowledge, does a [D+1] + 4 per Rank...

That's it.

Rank 10- (D+1)+ 40, max damage DEAD, i mean 51 dmg...

You win, Pat, you win. Magic sucks.

30Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Part of the problem is we've never had a dedicated Magic-User play Dragon Quest with us. A player spending exp exclusively to become an accomplished caster in any School would be a better representative of how magic can be awesome in DQ. The other issue is most games that we've played using DQ have been Homebrews with tons of awesome changes and additions to make combat quirky or awesome but no GM, including, myself has bothered to make appropriate changes to Magic to keep the battle grounds even.

I think that my next non-Basic DQ game will have some cool Magic friendly changes that will make Magic the Shiznit.

Not sure what though, Magic is devastating once you can avoid Backfire or cast a spell a turn.

31Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Part of the problem is we've never had a dedicated Magic-User play Dragon Quest with us. A player spending exp exclusively to become an accomplished caster in any School would be a better representative of how magic can be awesome in DQ. The other issue is most games that we've played using DQ have been Homebrews with tons of awesome changes and additions to make combat quirky or awesome but no GM, including, myself has bothered to make appropriate changes to Magic to keep the battle grounds even.

I think that my next non-Basic DQ game will have some cool Magic friendly changes that will make Magic the Shiznit.

Not sure what though, Magic is devastating once you can avoid Backfire or cast a spell a turn.

yes i won an argument

32Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yeah, Magic sucks. You win, LOL

33Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Yeah, Magic sucks. You win, LOL

Roar!!!! and not all magic sucks just just most offensive magic that doesnt have a side effect. but i would make a necromancer caster to try out the magic in this system. that would a nice character for me to make.

34Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The School of Necromancy is far more powerful than the School of Fire but in the end its quite the same situation. If you don't commit to spending experience to make your spells better you'll always feel weak and lame against warrior types.

35Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:The School of Necromancy is far more powerful than the School of Fire but in the end its quite the same situation. If you don't commit to spending experience to make your spells better you'll always feel weak and lame against warrior types.

hmm we will see sir, im quite interested in that but ill hold on to axel for as long as i can. if he dies or gets put in a position that his pride is tested, and he wasnt able to pull through he might die or not be himself(same thing). I think i would roll up a necro if he doesnt last.

36Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:The School of Necromancy is far more powerful than the School of Fire but in the end its quite the same situation. If you don't commit to spending experience to make your spells better you'll always feel weak and lame against warrior types.

hmm we will see sir, im quite interested in that but ill hold on to axel for as long as i can. if he dies or gets put in a position that his pride is tested, and he wasnt able to pull through he might die or not be himself(same thing). I think i would roll up a necro if he doesnt last.

*Disclaimer: This is in no way meant as an insult to anyone who might read this and feel it refers to them.

You have to be careful, Wandering One, what I have constantly seen is that certain players have an abundance of character ideas and as such they feel inclined to start character preparation early. They roll stats, and write backgrounds, even draw sketches. Then when it comes time to play their current characters they have lost their investment in that character because their thoughts are consumed by "The New Guy". Don't let this Necromancy steal La'Fiorre's thunder because though I made him for you I made him for you. He's everything you asked me for in a character; THE HERO dedicated to valor, saving the party, and sacrifice.

I like that you're thinking ahead but don't lose sight of the character before you.

37Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Yea guys please dont fall into my bad habit. i just need to do it, so we can get things moving. also i dont want to lose axel, i want him to grow into a fine leader. i want that to happen as soon as i can. the necro i had in mind is still an idea, nothing written. if things look bad it wouldnt take long for me to get him ready.

38Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Cambria

Cambria

We all know you are going to die, Wondering.... so you having a back-up character is just common courtesy.

39Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Drinker
Weapon- Broadsword, Rapier, Saber, or Hand and a Half
Aura- School of Necromancy
Appears to be a plain steel sword with a hilt and cross guard made of bone
Strike- -4%
Damage- +2
Ability- Whenever the wielder of this weapon deals damage to an opponent they regain a point of health. With each successful delivery the health gained increases by 1 point, up to 5. A miss reduces the life gained back to 1 and successful strikes would need to be made in order to regain the bigger bonus.

*Example: Dannist is fighting a group of bandits and has successful bled two of their number. He strikes a third, drawing blood, and he gains 3 health (1+2 successful hits). When he attacks a forth Dannist misses so when he lands his next attack he only gains 1.

40Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:We all know you are going to die, Wondering.... so you having a back-up character is just common courtesy.

Lol

41Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Cambria wrote:We all know you are going to die, Wondering.... so you having a back-up character is just common courtesy.

Stop reading my mind...

42Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:The Drinker
Strike- -4%
Damage- +2
Ability- Whenever the wielder of this weapon deals damage to an opponent they regain a point of health. With each successful delivery the health gained increases by 1 point, up to 5. A miss reduces the life gained back to 1 and successful strikes would need to be made in order to regain the bigger bonus.

*Example: Dannist is fighting a group of bandits and has successful bled two of their number. He strikes a third, drawing blood, and he gains 3 health (1+2 successful hits). When he attacks a forth Dannist misses so when he lands his next attack he only gains 1.

omg are you kidding me bro, i want this. what you could do is when the users health is at mac it starts FT healing

43Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
Strike- -4%
Damage- +2

omg are you kidding me bro, i want this. what you could do is when the users health is at mac it starts FT healing

The way I'm envisioning the sword it heals damage whether FT or EN but only damage not health spent for abilities or lost from lack of sleep.

44Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:
Strike- -4%
Damage- +2

The way I'm envisioning the sword it heals damage whether FT or EN but only damage not health spent for abilities or lost from lack of sleep.

thats totally fine with me im sooo down i want this. it would be perfect for me.

45Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Am I still the only one posting items? The idea was for you guys to put in your input on the kind of items you want whether overpowered or meek. Come on people, work with me here. We finally are starting to get some post traffic around 8:30am and 4:30pm. Post some junk, don't be scared. I only judge a little.

46Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Am I still the only one posting items? The idea was for you guys to put in your input on the kind of items you want whether overpowered or meek. Come on people, work with me here. We finally are starting to get some post traffic around 8:30am and 4:30pm. Post some junk, don't be scared. I only judge a little.

wow you want items bro..... give me a few min. ill give you a few items.

47Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Refer to opening post

48Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Hey here are a few underpowered items but also useful.

Ring of illumination:
Worn- Ring
Aura- School of fire
Appears to be a ring of copper with a small red gem in the middle if a small cyrstal. when active the users body begins to feel warm and will be able to see better things in its radius.
Perception- +2 when looking within the radius of the light given. This is considered magical light.
Ability-The wearer can illuminate up to 20ft around him in white light for up to 20 min. The user can also push this illumination up to 40 ft but it would only last 10 min.
Ability- you can refill the charges by having the ring be within 5 ft of a light source for at least 5 min continuously. if the last charge is used before it is refilled the ability will be lost.
Use 3/day

Shield of Endurance:
worn- shield
Aura School of enchantments
[i]Appears to be a shield made out of fine metal (Mithril) bearing a turtle with wings on the front of it.
Protection +2
Abilty (passive)- While wearing the shield it does not cause hampering of your arms or movement. all penalties while using a shield are reverted to their original stats.
(this next part may need to be nerfed at all cost)
Ability (passive) if the wielder has not made a major action from last turn. they can roll under their Shield SC to attempt to block an attack or ability targeting them.

Glasses of Clarity:
Worn- Face (glasses)
Aura- School of Ensorcellments and Enchantments
Appears to be normal reading Glasses with small pearls on both sides of the frame.
Perception- +3 (when activated) +15% chance to disable traps or work on mechanisms(i know i spelled that wrong)
Ability-The wearer gets a map of the surrounding area within 50 ft of her revealing traps, their triggers and where to disable or enable them.
Ability- The Circle can be used to detect secret doors within 75' of the wearer
Uses- 48 hrs

i dont want to post weapons cause they will be Over Powered even after the nerf. this gave me another idea for an time

Bracers of chrono:
Aura School of enchantments (maybe another school but im kinda lazy)
Ability- the wearer knows what time it is at all times, also by looking at a item that has a cool down he will know when it refreshes.

49Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Not too sure on how DQ exactly works....only played 3 times.

Was thinking of a cloak that mimics its surroundings. Like if I walk into a prison i can appear as a guard or prisoner. The NPC(s) will have a save to see if he believes that i look like a non decript person or not. The more I do to attract attention the harder the success.

Figure the player can only interact in a limited basis, cause the cover can easily be blown.

Maybe the cloak throws up a veil in ones mind, and the person believes what they need to: Its a hard day at work and the last thing i want to do is arrest this fool for traspassing....Ohh it just a fellow peace officer.

50Abra Kadabra, B! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Hawk's Eyes

Worn- Face (glasses)

Aura- School of Enchanment (?)

Appearance- Silver trim glasses with hawk feathers etched into the frame.

Ability- (Passive) Weare of these glasses gain +2 to all perception (visual checks only, i.e. spot), and doubles the wearer's usual visual range.

Ability- (1/encounter, concentration) Studying one opponent grants a bonus to damage and critical hit chance, at +1 damage and +1 crit per turn spent studying the opponent. No other actions can be taken while this ability is being used. Any action that causes loss of concentration (ex- Taking damage) causes the ability to be counted as used.

These spectacles were created by the elves, a race well known for excellent sight. Wearing these glasses allows the user to see things he/she otherwise might have missed. In addition, these glasses allow the wearer to see weak points on enemies, thus allowing the user to cause more damage on his/her next attack.

Lem, nerf as needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum