CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abra Kadabra, B!

+6
Leetin McBeatin
Cambria
Talis of Stormfall
The Reality Tailor
Drunk Flogger
The Serpent
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Magic Items

Got your attention? I want realistic, I mean nothing stupidly overpowered, ideas for magic for The Reunion Game as well as future games and just in general. You guys all have great ideas share them, tweak them and maybe we can make them real.

Fel Smoke Pauldrons:
Worn-Shoulders
Aura- Dark(not evil, neutral)
Looks like shoulder armor made of the blackest of smoke, constantly in motion, there but not there.
Protection- 1 (magical)
Defense- +5/+10 against ranged attacks

*The armor makes it harder for a foe to strike the wearer harder to strike thanks to the shroud of black smoke. It also provides 1 point of magical protection which stacks with mundane, mystic, and natural armor.

I've set the example, lets get some cool items!

Last edited by The Bubbling Dark on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Correction...)

2Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Ha, i actually want that as it is, so ill make an item for our spell casters

Spell Pen Shoulders(dont have a good name yet)
Worn-Shoulders
Aura- changes upon the wearer's school of magic
if a fire spell caster wears the shoulders, small dragon heads will illuminate small fires in their mouths. If a wind caster small birds will flap their wings lightly.
Protection- 0 +10 resist chance (only when hit by an ability of the same or opposing school)
Ability- target of spell has reduced spell resistance to the wearers spells ( i want to write 50%, but i leave that up to you)

3Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:Ha, i actually want that as it is, so ill make an item for our spell casters

Spell Pen Shoulders(dont have a good name yet)
Worn-Shoulders
Aura- changes upon the wearer's school of magic
if a fire spell caster wears the shoulders, small dragon heads will illuminate small fires in their mouths. If a wind caster small birds will flap their wings lightly.
Protection- 0 +10 resist chance (only when hit by an ability of the same or opposing school)
Ability- target of spell has reduced spell resistance to the wearers spells ( i want to write 50%, but i leave that up to you)

I like your idea but considering that Magic Resistance is based on the target's MA(Magical/Mental Aptitude) 50% is severely harsh. Maybe 5% is better. Sounds low but imagine: Your character La'Fiorre has an MA of 10 his Spell Resistance is would be 5 against the wearer of that armor... you would need to roll under 5 on a die roll(talk about HARD!)

I think the protection should be real protection, maybe 2 or 3 against the opposing element.

I also think it should be a circlet or a glove.

4Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Shard of Thunder:
Attachment-Armor
Aura- School of Air
Looks like an inch long piece of glass or crystal about as thick as an egg.
Protection- 1(magical)
Ability- The wearer of the attached armor may call on a 10' radius burst of thunder that has a 50% chance of stunning all targets within range.
Resistance- Elite Lvl Enemies(bosses) Only
Uses- 2/day

Shard of Lightning:
Attachment-Weapon
Aura- School of Air
Looks like an inch long piece of glass or crystal about as thick as an thumb.
Damage Bonus- 1(magical)
Ability- The wielder of the attached weapon adds 1d5 lightning damage to their next strike.
Uses- 3/day

5Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Shard of Thunder:
Attachment-Armor
Aura- School of Air
Looks like an inch long piece of glass or crystal about as thick as an egg.
Protection- 1(magical)
Ability- The wearer of the attached armor may call on a 10' radius burst of thunder that has a 50% chance of stunning all targets within range.
Resistance- Elite Lvl Enemies(bosses) Only
Uses- 2/day

Shard of Lightning:
Attachment-Weapon
Aura- School of Air
Damage Bonus- 1(magical)
Ability- The wielder of the attached weapon adds 1d5 lightning damage to their next strike.
Uses- 3/day

Hmm and at last but not least
Shard of Thunderous Wind
Attachment misc (ring jewelry etc)
Aura- School of Air
Damage bonus - 0
Ability- Can summon a large gust of wind from the item shooting foward 30ft cone from the caster. This wind is strong enough to knock down/over medium size creatures and lower.
Uses - 3/day or once an encounter (need to fine tune it lem) .

^hope you like that idea^

6Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cloak of the Chamolean
Worn- Full body
Aura- School of Illusion
Protection- (+0)
Defense- (+0)

*The cloak allows the wearer to blend in with the environment more easily. This would make spotting him/her more difficult to see(*) so long as not actively engaged in an activity that would garner attention. More so, when the wearer of this cloak becomes still for (x time)*, he/she looks to be a natural part of the terrain. For example if in a cave, may appear to be a pile of rocks or if in the woods, may appear to be a bush.

(*)- Leaving it up to Lem for exact numbers and further edits.

7Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:

Shard of Thunderous Wind
Attachment misc (ring jewelry etc)
Aura- School of Air
Damage bonus - 0
Ability- Can summon a large gust of wind from the item shooting foward 30ft cone from the caster. This wind is strong enough to knock down/over medium size creatures and lower.
Uses - 3/day or once an encounter (need to fine tune it lem) .

Shard of Gale Forces:
Attachment-Misc. Item(jewelry)
Aura- School of Air
Looks like an inch long piece of glass or crystal about as thick as a bean.
Ability- Can summon a large gust of wind from the item shooting forward 30ft cone from the caster. This wind is strong enough to knock down/over medium size creatures or smaller.
Resistance- Medium sized or larger creatures only
Uses- 3/day

ThatDamnElf wrote:

Cloak of the Chamolean
Worn- Full body
Aura- School of Illusion
Protection- (+0)
Defense- (+0)

*The cloak allows the wearer to blend in with the environment more easily. This would make spotting him/her more difficult to see(*) so long as not actively engaged in an activity that would garner attention. More so, when the wearer of this cloak becomes still for (x time)*, he/she looks to be a natural part of the terrain. For example if in a cave, may appear to be a pile of rocks or if in the woods, may appear to be a bush.

Carlino's Chameleon Cloak:
Worn- Cloak
Aura- School Celestial Magic
Looks like a plain grey cloak until worn then it takes on the visual characteristics of the environment surrounding the wearer.
Stealth- +25%/ +10% when wearer is active
Ability- The cloak allows the wearer to blend in with the environment more easily. This would make spotting him/her more difficult to see so long as not actively engaged in an activity that would garner attention. More so, when the wearer of this cloak becomes still for he/she looks to be a natural part of the terrain.

*For example if in a cave, may appear to be a pile of rocks or if in the woods, may appear to be a bush.

8Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

That sounds actually good i hope alan can make good use of it!

9Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Detective's Circle:
Worn- Ring
Aura- School of Ensorcellments and Enchantments
Appears to be a ring of true silver(mythril) with a large eyeball carved into the band. When active the eye seems to move as if reading.
Perception- +1
Ability-The wearer can concentrate for 20 minutes and identify the basic abilities of a held item whether magical or mundane. Complex items require 2 hours of concentration. This intense concentration requires that the wearer does nothing else with the exception of walking and possibly eating.
Ability- The Circle can be used to detect secret doors within 75' of the wearer
Uses- 3/day

Eisenherz:
Worn- Pendant
The silver pendant is shaped to look like a human heart with veins of ruby and hangs from a thick length of black iron chain.
Fatigue- +10
Will Power- +3
Ability- The wearer of the Eisenherz is in possession of a powerful but cursed relic. Whenever the wearer dies the silver heart begins to beat and they are brought back to life at half max EN and FT. Upon dying while the Eisenherz is beating the wearer dies permanently with no way of being resurrected, short of a Wish. Their heart merges with the iron chains and becomes the new Eisenherz as the previous is destroyed.

10Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Luck Stone:
Worn- Ring
Appears to be a plain and unadorned rusty iron ring
Perception- +2
Ability- This ring provides a +1 bonus to all damage, and initiative rolls as well as increases the wearers success chances by 5%.

*There is always a 10% chance that a new Luck Stone is found holding a Wish.

11Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:39 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Shield of Indra
Weapon- Shield
Aura- School of Air
Appears to be a silver and gold shield of elven make bearing a crossed sword and lightning bolt
Defense- +1
Ability- The wielder can release the wrath of the storm god in a sphere of thunder and lightning causing both 1d10 of concussion damage and 1d10 electric damage to everyone within a 10' radius.
Uses- 5 charges

*Charges can only be replenished by presenting proper sacrifice at an alter to a god of thunder, or war

12Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Eisenherz:
Worn- Pendant
The silver pendant is shaped to look like a human heart with veins of ruby and hangs from a thick length of black iron chain.
Fatigue- +10
Will Power- +3
Ability- The wearer of the Eisenherz is in possession of a powerful but cursed relic. Whenever the wearer dies the silver heart begins to beat and they are brought back to life at half max EN and FT. Upon dying while the Eisenherz is beating the wearer dies permanently with no way of being resurrected, short of a Wish. Their heart merges with the iron chains and becomes the new Eisenherz as the previous is destroyed.

Loving it...item adds sense of allure and danger definitely, huge gain for a wager of mortality...definitely one of the better items suggested...

13Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Shield of Indra
Weapon- Shield
Aura- School of Air
Appears to be a silver and gold shield of elven make bearing a crossed sword and lightning bolt
Defense- +1
Ability- The wielder can release the wrath of the storm god in a sphere of thunder and lightning causing both 1d10 of concussion damage and 1d10 electric damage to everyone within a 10' radius.
Uses- 5 charges

*Charges can only be replenished by presenting proper sacrifice at an alter to a god of thunder, or war

..... im hard

14Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Luck Stone:
Worn- Ring
Appears to be a plain and unadorned rusty iron ring
Perception- +2
Ability- This ring provides a +1 bonus to all damage, and initiative rolls as well as increases the wearers success chances by 5%.

*There is always a 10% chance that a new Luck Stone is found holding a Wish.

if allen didnt betray us he would have gotten this item, so it might have to go to darnell

15Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Shield of Indra
Weapon- Shield
Aura- School of Air
Defense- +1
Uses- 5 charges

ALL these indra items are reminding of Talis dammit and making me nostalgic...definite an item for me....Only prob is that I suggest the wielder has to scream out FOR INDRA!!! for the shield to work lol...

16Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Detective's Circle:
Worn- Ring
Appears to be a ring of true silver(mythril) with a large eyeball carved into the band. When active the eye seems to move as if reading.
Perception- +1
Ability-The wearer can concentrate for 20 minutes and identify the basic abilities of a held item whether magical or mundane. Complex items require 2 hours of concentration. This intense concentration requires that the wearer does nothing else with the exception of walking and possibly eating.
Ability- The Circle can be used to detect secret doors within 75' of the wearer
Uses- 3/day

Eisenherz:
Worn- Pendant
Fatigue- +10
Will Power- +3

The dective Circle can go to michelle and the eisenherz can go to sean.

17Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

me and michelle cant play again yo...
lol yall talking febuary im leaving on the 20th of this month for six months bro

18Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Bag of Dragon Beans
Miscellaneous
Aura- School of Summoning
This item appears to be a small sack hold 4-10 hard red beans with swirling black lines
Ability- A user takes an single bean and swallows it. The bean mutates the user's throat giving them a breath weapon that can be used 1d5 times during the encounter or 2 times/5 minutes.

*Notes- The user rolls a percentile when swallowing a bean to determine the nature of their breath weapon:
1%-50%: 3d10 Fire
51%-60%: 2d10 Electric
61%-70%: 1d10 Acid
71%-80%: 2d10 Water
81%-90%: 2d10 Acid
91%-100%: 1d10 Special (DM's Choice)

19Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Bag of Dragon Beans
Miscellaneous
This item appears to be a small sack hold 4-10 hard red beans with swirling black lines
Ability- A user takes an single bean and swallows it. The bean mutates the user's throat giving them a breath weapon that can be used 1d5 times during the encounter or 2 times/5 minutes.

*Notes- The user rolls a percentile when swallowing a bean to determine the nature of their breath weapon:

This is a funny item but, there is certain people in our party that shouldnt have a choice because of their choices (shoobert)...

20Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:Bag of Dragon Beans
Miscellaneous

This is a funny item but, there is certain people in our party that shouldnt have a choice because of their choices (shoobert)...

The choice isn't the player's but the Dragon Bean. Shoo was damn near a fire mage but he could easily eat an ice bean. As a matter of fact it might be better that he could possible use an element other than fire. For example: He's fighting a fire elemental, all of his fire spells would heal his enemies but a nice blast of water could save the day.

21Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I might get to introduce and test a few of these this week in Demon Hunters: New Genesis. If I do, expect so refining. I'm thinking Detective Circle, Luck Ring, Fel Smoke Paldran and maybe Dragon Beans.

22Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I might get to introduce and test a few of these this week in Demon Hunters: New Genesis. If I do, expect so refining. I'm thinking Detective Circle, Luck Ring, Fel Smoke Paldran and maybe Dragon Beans.

um you forgot the shield sir... thats the most important item.

23Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:I might get to introduce and test a few of these this week in Demon Hunters: New Genesis. If I do, expect so refining. I'm thinking Detective Circle, Luck Ring, Fel Smoke Paldran and maybe Dragon Beans.

um you forgot the shield sir... thats the most important item.

The shield is awesome but in the world of Demon Hunters it doesn't so easily fit. It might get a chance but the other items are definite fits due to being generic. If you notice I didn't mention The Iron Heart, Eisenherz, either.

24Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Don't forget that this thread is for everyone to post item ideas not just me, The Bubbly One. I know Tony and others peek in every other day. Post something.

25Abra Kadabra, B! Empty Re: Abra Kadabra, B! Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Don't forget that this thread is for everyone to post item ideas not just me, The Bubbly One. I know Tony and others peek in every other day. Post something.

ohh shyt almost forgot about your boy lem, he is welcome to come play as well make a character for him. he should be a ranged charcter of sorts, or caster.

One more thing, why is casting so ass in this game. it just feels like offensive spellcasters are ass. ok lets look into it deeper, first you cast a spell and you have to make the spell cast or not fail it by 30%( or the worst thing in the world can hapen). then your opponent get to resist it chances of (a boss character not being able to resist is low) then dmg is also ass (d-4+1/lvl) that shyt is sooo ass and unless it has some kind of side effect you wasting fatigue. Spell casting is kind of ass unless your defensive casting (healing, utility spells, etc) i was thinking if i died i would like to be a offensive spellcaster but it seems like a waste of time if we are not fighting weaklings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum