CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Making a good villian

+2
Leetin McBeatin
The Lycant
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Making a good villian Empty Making a good villian Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:35 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

I realize that one of my flaws when it comes to story telling/Game Mastering/etc... is that my villains, well, they suck. You guys got any suggestions on making good villains?

2Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

You need to feel your villain/boss. Think of a history and yes a background. All good NPC's need to be as PC's. Ask the 5 W's. Enjoy who he/she is and have a role in the overall story. THe baddies job is not to mess with the PC's, we all just keep crossing paths.

Just wok up and complete senntances are eluding me...

3Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

The villain should be treated the same way you treat your heroes. Flesh him out using your knowledge of historical figures and characters from literature with the same archetype. Megalomaniac? Napoleon, Hitler. Psychopathic yet Charismatic? Manson. Dopey evil Figurehead? G. W. Bush.

Base your characters, hero or villain, on real people not goofy cartoon characters. If you want real reactions from your players or readers you need to give them something real.

4Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

just let me be a villian i can show you. give me some time i can make one of the sickest dirties foul (insert 50 terrible words here ____) then you can take that and be the best in the world

5Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:29 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote: Dopey evil Figurehead?  G. W. Bush.
LMFAO!!! Best advice ever.

Also, I don't think villains should just be, hey kidnap the princess and have a cool mustache and or beard. Not all evil sees itself as evil. Perfect example (in my opinion) is the Templars. Play Assassin's Creed 3 and you'll see what I mean. They have goals and lives and sometimes friends. Their goals should also have a reason. Your villain want to take over the world? Why? Is it just to be King of the Mountain? Or maybe he's doing it to save everyone from themselves (maybe instituting a police state of some kind).

6Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Its funny how I started this conversation back in 2011 and lem is just seeing it today...

7Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The "God emperor of Dune" is an amazing example of cards Villain archetype.

He saw the future and decided to rule for thousands of years and he only had one goal....a goal that took thousands of years to accomplish.

Amazing villain

8Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

*Shoobert*

9Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Rottenapples wrote:*Shoobert*
That guys a dick.

10Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Tru, the guy had no shoes and looked like Q-Bert

11Making a good villian Empty Re: Making a good villian Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Model the villains after your coworkers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum