CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Know your ROLE!

+7
Random
Drunk Flogger
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Lord Naiilo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:29 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

27Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did not complete shit. We ran.

28Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm

deathmvp

deathmvp

I see this toon as Dps and debuffer maby some CC also. Problem is almost all of the Debuff and cc thing last for only 1 round at the moment depending on what we are fighting. That magical robotic T-rex would have been immune to almost all of that and that was why I tired making it so he could not more and caused him to fall.

Random I think you are marked as tank becouse even though you get hit you have the most staying power thanks to regen. Regen , high hp and high armor is what makes the tanks at the moment and I think you are the closest one with Lance being second but he runs to be behind the poeple.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

29Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:43 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Pick A Card wrote:Whatever. That's why me and Lance completed a mission that was meant for the party by ourselves. Because I don't have a mind of my own. Answer for yourself, as you can see (assuming you can read), I answered for myself previous to your post.

We did shiz. Stop denying our awesomeness.

30Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Pick A Card wrote:
Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:

Lance is sort of right. Out of 2000gp worth of loot you guys left with nothing but The Hydra Blood(that everyone has forgotten about). Out of 20 enemies, not counting Xavros' Gearzilla, you both managed to kill 2 from the explosion outside and 1 from a decent assassination.

That's a Mission: Fail with kudos for not dying.

31Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Pick A Card wrote:
Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:

Ok, the distraction and the assassination were great but at the end of the we would have died in that warehouse if random didn't kick the wall down. the reason the mecha showed up is because we fucked up bad enough for Lem to feel sorry, and he didn't want to kill most of the party in one go.

32Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Random

Random

I really don't have hi HP I wish I did now but I don't one hit and im dead the only thing that's going to save me is the 4 armor thing and the healing regen. if I take a hit im out of the game and I hit the hardest min 14 max 16 with a high chance to hit. but beaucse I hit so hard one I hit them that hard there gonna hit me back just as hard

33Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yes I did, I'm an asshole. If it wasn't for those damn meddling Mecha I would have gotten away with it. Embarassed

34Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

The Carbonated Dark wrote:...

Yes I did, I'm an asshole. If it wasn't for those damn meddling Mecha I would have gotten away with it. Embarassed

I wasn't calling you an asshole. I was just stating what happened behind the scenes.

35Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Also I didn't forget the the blood. It just seemed like something that should be talked about in person.

36Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Not dying = Mission Success. Plus we've scouted the place so we can go back if we want. Hopefully they don't have any more Skilles-Rex lying around.

37Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Solomon mentioned roles but "it's" own role as the true group leader.

My toon is not the boss, I always by defacto become it and its annoying. For a looong time I will only be an advisor or lieutenant at best. Except when it comes to my own EVIILL plans...ahh shoot Im good this time. Haaa

seriously, no boss title for me. Its time for some of you suckers to man up to the role. Its a fucking game and not a big deal. Guys you get most the credit and the fame. Look at Solomon every success is his first. That translates to more props and power and influence in game terms.

Lance is the survivor because he knows how to live and knows his role.

38Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

"To survive, one must never move the same way twice."
- Cether Cos

39Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!

This is why I started this discussion about roles.  its cute to say Random is the tank but real though comes into play when you talk about the fact that he can't truly take a hit.  Chad is leader only if he is willing to be leader.  Everyone should know the role that want to fill and the role others are believing they fill.  Any thoughts Phil?

40Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

I think that I'm playing the role I had intended for this character. However, as my character gets more ingrained into the party, I want him to take a bigger roll. But overall I think my success will be determined by 3 things overall. My survival, how my skills and abilities help the party survive and I forgot the third one. Maybe I'll remember it.

41Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 am

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Darkness Embubbled wrote:... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!

If you're talking about R.A. Salvatore books I'm a little upset with you. I haven't finished some of them.

42Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Dryden Cether Cos, Ninja wrote:
Darkness Embubbled wrote:... it does make it hard to get a bead on you, Zak, but I read the book and eventually you die!

If you're talking about R.A. Salvatore books I'm a little upset with you. I haven't finished some of them.
Good ol' Zak...it's a shame that My Lil Pony twerp raped him to death.

43Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:21 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The Harshness

44Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am

deathmvp

deathmvp

One problem with the roles is they change based off of who is in the group at the moment.

If lets say me, gomo and Alan  are the group for a moment Alan would be the tank with me as dps and Gomo as debuff and cc.  You add Random in that same group he would be the tank and Alan would move to DPS since he is more of range dps.  on contras if it was just me and Gomo, I would have the tank (I think my 12 ac is higher then his) with Gomo being the DPS and debuff role.  This is not saying this group would but .... 

Our group keeps changing alot since people have had to change toons, people come late, or have to leave early.  So this is what couses the problem with that.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

45Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think the problem is people think in terms of WoW and Tanking. In you scenario when Marvi, Ghomo, and Xavros are the party Alan's toon never ceases to be a scout. He may have the most HP but he should not be TANKING. His role is scout, recon and infiltration. Even though the party makeup shows him as hardest to hit and kill he is no Tank.

46Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Darkness Embubbled wrote:I think the problem is people think in terms of WoW and Tanking. In you scenario when Marvi, Ghomo, and Xavros are the party Alan's toon never ceases to be a scout. He may have the most HP but he should not be TANKING. His role is scout, recon and infiltration. Even though the party makeup shows him as hardest to hit and kill he is no Tank.
I'm glad someone knows that I'm not a tank. And I have limited energy for DPS despite what people seem to think. I don't have Magi's energy levels.

47Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Yikes. You've managed to miss the point. It's not about whether you have enough energy to [WoW word insertion], its about your character being designed for recon and fast response which wouldn't change even if your party makeup did. Terms like [WoW word insertion] are for games that drastically hinder your ability to make decisions and think outside the box.

48Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Word WoW (curse insetion, that has 6 letters, starts with an F and ends with er)

49Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:41 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Actually I didn't miss your point. I was simply saying that because certain people seem to believe our roles change with who is in our group. I was just pointing out that no matter what, I don't have the energy or to hit for DPS. My point is that my character is going to continue to be advanced recon / I can hurt you under the right circumstances.

50Know your ROLE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Know your ROLE! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

No matter what my guy is a detective mage..period. He always was and always will be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum