CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dungeon Master/Game Master

+9
The Reality Tailor
Dark Shoo
Random
Lord Naiilo
Legendary
lancelot chamomile
The Serpent
Leetin McBeatin
Cambria
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:39 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:I was just told by Mal the Moose that all GMs cheat because they have to for the continuity of a game.  The GM is a cheater that is allowed to get away with it.

Is it cheating when your essentially the true god of the world?

52Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:32 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:
Chaos' Plague wrote:I was just told by Mal the Moose that all GMs cheat because they have to for the continuity of a game.  The GM is a cheater that is allowed to get away with it.

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting? Its a razor's edge we walk.

53Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting?  Its a razor's edge we walk.

Can you break that which you created if your remolding it, not leaving it broken?

54Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Chaos' Plague wrote:

I call t cheating when you break the very rules that you've set but as the referee is it breaking set rules or adjusting?  Its a razor's edge we walk.

Can you break that which you created if your remolding it, not leaving it broken?

There are instances where a GM can break the rules without remodeling those rules. in those instances I believe it is cheating. I personally try to avoid those instances but I've seen it and once or twice have done it.

55Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

We mostly have fun with most of your decisions soo keep doing what you doin.

56Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

When I read this post all I hear is a loud sucking sound

57Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Malevolent Moose wrote:When I read this post all I hear is a loud sucking sound

You let your imagination run to things you probably do in your personal time, please keep it private.TY

58Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

What no picture????

59Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Ladies, ladies, no cat fighting. You both have pretty shoes.

60Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Cambria

Cambria

May I pipe in even though you've all forgotten me?

It is the D/GM's job to keep a campaign running smoothly. The great thing about role playing is that it is fluid. It is always changing and evolving. If the D/GM uses his power to hurt a player for personal reasons, that is cheating. If he/she does it to further the game, create a new element to the game/world, or to help a struggling party so it doesn't go down in flames.... That is just being good at their job.

61Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Cambria wrote:May I pipe in even though you've all forgotten me?

It is the D/GM's job to keep a campaign running smoothly.  The great thing about role playing is that it is fluid.  It is always changing and evolving.  If the D/GM uses his power to hurt a player for personal reasons, that is cheating. If he/she does it to further the game, create a new element to the game/world, or to help a struggling party so it doesn't go down in flames....  That is just being good at their job.

Omg, welcome back i miss the vanilla in my tea. How are you?

62Dungeon Master/Game Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Dungeon Master/Game Master Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Cambria

Cambria

With the changed names, I am not sure who is who anymore, and there are a lot of people registered that I'm not sure about either....  However, I'm guessing it is Pat that replied?  Am I correct? Ha.

I am well.  It has been a crazy year or so. I checked out for a while, but I am going to try to be more active on here since I deleted my Facebook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum