CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it Possible for a System to be too Flexable?

+9
Drunk Flogger
zulugm1
Random
Lord Naiilo
lancelot chamomile
Legendary
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:It will be Up to Joey to carry on my half of the entertainment for awhile
Me and my fam are going to England to see the In-Laws.....so ya'll try not to miss my razor wit , boyish charm and #hashtags too much rabbit rabbit

Please do something Doctor Who or Harry Potter related while you are there.  For me.

On a different note I went to an Abbey that was used for the Hogwarts court yard.....

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:
Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:It will be Up to Joey to carry on my half of the entertainment for awhile
Me and my fam are going to England to see the In-Laws.....so ya'll try not to miss my razor wit , boyish charm and #hashtags too much rabbit rabbit

Please do something Doctor Who or Harry Potter related while you are there.  For me.

On a different note I went to an Abbey that was used for the Hogwarts court yard.....

#eurotrip

The Serpent

The Serpent

Malevolent Moose wrote:
The Serpent wrote:Conceptualize the adventure
create characters
create maps
create treasure
plan encounters
stat encounters
arrange the session
manage the players

all of these things for players to complain that they don't have enough treasure, and to kill the king before he gives them the adventure hook because they are anarchist or hate authority... or are mad at the GM for something out of game.  Boom, hours of work wasted.

You should have 17 contingency plans for  everything

That's extra work for players that can't even do their one job of paying attention. All PCs have to do is show up, bring your dice and your character, listen and react... most cant seem to do that. Why would I want to give myself even more work when most can't even tell you why they are in The World Tree or what a Dragon Orb/Egg is?

Cambria

Cambria

It used to annoy the fuck out of me when people would play Magic while we were role playing for that very reason. We'd be in the midst of something, they'd be playing Magic, and when it came time to act, they had NO CLUE what we were even doing.

What is the point of role playing if you don't even pay attention to the story?

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:It used to annoy the fuck out of me when people would play Magic while we were role playing for that very reason.  We'd be in the midst of something, they'd be playing Magic, and when it came time to act, they had NO CLUE what we were even doing.

What is the point of role playing if you don't even pay attention to the story?

Anessa wins all the prizes! Sucks that you don't still play.

Cambria

Cambria

I would actually like to have a serious conversation with everyone about coming there in the fall, and when would be the best time that everyone could come out to play all day. I'd love to get a full day of role playing in.

Toepoker

Toepoker

Do you even know what that is like to get in a full day of role playing? Its been a while for you I know. But we don't want Lem to have a brain aneurism, because me and Moose had to carry your character around all game because he didn't want to kill you but you died anyway. Then we have to sit and listen to crying and blubbering about how it was an accident. And about how it all started out with his parents... I just don't have the mental capacity to do sit thru that without being put on suicide watch after! affraid affraid

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:Do you even know what that is like to get in a full day of role playing?  Its been a while for you I know.  But we don't want Lem to have a brain aneurism, because me and Moose had to carry your character around all game because he didn't want to kill you but you died anyway. Then we have to sit and listen to crying and blubbering about how it was an accident.  And about how it all started out with his parents...  I just don't have the mental capacity to do sit thru that without being put on suicide watch after!  affraid affraid

Bitch pulease.... I used to role play for entire weekends. Start on a Friday night, crash, up on Saturday to play some more, crash, and finish off on Sunday. Don't underestimate me just because I haven't played in a while. I can hold my own. And if I die, I will have a standby character already rolled with a background included.

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:Do you even know what that is like to get in a full day of role playing?  Its been a while for you I know.  But we don't want Lem to have a brain aneurism, because me and Moose had to carry your character around all game because he didn't want to kill you but you died anyway. Then we have to sit and listen to crying and blubbering about how it was an accident.  And about how it all started out with his parents...  I just don't have the mental capacity to do sit thru that without being put on suicide watch after!  affraid affraid

I like when players die actually. I just haven't felt like wracking up the body count like I used to. It accomplishes little but if the leniency is giving you the wrong impression of me then I apologize. We can see some deaths and have a grand old time, just say the word.

Is it Possible for a System to be too Flexable? - Page 5 Bk9zuj10

Since you guys are up for the challenge, lets ramp up the challenge.

Cambria

Cambria

He finally admits that he LIKES to kill characters!!

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:He finally admits that he LIKES to kill characters!!

I've never denied liking it. It isn't always my intention but when it happens... There is nothing better than when the party is in full adventurer mode and during some act of valor a player earns a glorious death except when an fool missteps and in slain for his stupidity.

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

The Serpent wrote:

I've never denied liking it.  It isn't always my intention but when it happens...  There is nothing better than when the party is in full adventurer mode and during some act of valor a player earns a glorious death except when an fool missteps and in slain for his stupidity.

Or gets someone else Killed for his stupidity ..................... I don't like being collateral damage....

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

I've never denied liking it.  It isn't always my intention but when it happens...  There is nothing better than when the party is in full adventurer mode and during some act of valor a player earns a glorious death except when an fool missteps and in slain for his stupidity.

Or gets someone else Killed for his stupidity ..................... I don't like being collateral damage....

Being killed because of collateral damage would piss me off. I would make it a point to kill the player that got me killed. Especially if it was because they weren't paying attention.

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
Malevolent Moose wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

Being killed because of collateral damage would piss me off.  I would make it a point to kill the player that got me killed.  Especially if it was because they weren't paying attention.

What about when they are paying attention but they are trying to prove how badass they are? Lol.

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:What about when they are paying attention but they are trying to prove how badass they are?  Lol.

That immediately made me think of when Dino did the reverse heal spell, and almost killed most of us, and I think he actually did kill Chad. Not dead dead, but in the negatives. OMG... and were you around for his Greek Fire incident???

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Do tell

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:What about when they are paying attention but they are trying to prove how badass they are?  Lol.

That immediately made me think of when Dino did the reverse heal spell, and almost killed most of us, and I think he actually did kill Chad.  Not dead dead, but in the negatives.  OMG... and were you around for his Greek Fire incident???

no I missed that but that was all vintage Dino. lmao

Cambria

Cambria

The reverse healing spell was on the battlefield. We were assisting an army that was trying to defend their city. There were a crazy amount of soldiers, and I think that they had a giant and some winged something or others. We were really hurting. From what I remember, we didn't actually plan to join the fight, but we also could never pass up a battle. So we are all suffering from damage, and Dino starts asking about doing a reverse healing spell. Of course, we can't say anything to him inside of the game, so we have to just sit and listen to him ask about the diameter of the spell, and how many enemies it will hit and all of that. I don't think he even questioned where other players were located around him. He lets it off, BLAM, Jimmy asks us all to do save rolls. I am pretty sure it killed Chad. Either that, or it nearly killed him.

Greek Fire: We were in a castle that had all of these elaborate paintings on the wall. We knew there was something with the paintings, but we couldn't figure out what it was. We checked for traps and all of that, and then someone decided to stab one, I think it was. Next thing you know, a stone knight came out of the photo (think Zelda) and started to attack us. We couldn't figure out how to kill it, and I think some of us went ahead before the stone knight came out. I think they figured out that in that room, you had to destroy the painting to destroy the knight, but then couldn't figure out how to destroy it. Next thing you know, Dino uses Greek Fire... As you can imagine, the whole area basically exploded into flames (think HP room of requirement). We basically all had to retreat. I think someone might have died, but I am not totally for sure. It was a long ass time ago. Everyone was like "Dino what the fuck man?" We couldn't even explore the rest of the castle, because there is no way to put out Greek Fire, and it spread. For some reason I feel like I was an observer in this... I don't remember what I was doing at the time.

There was another character.... Grom.... what a dick. He set fire to a dungeon we were exploring once while players were still in it. I tried to teleport in to save someone, and almost died myself. I then left the party, because the Grom character really pissed Lyrah off by sacrificing other players, because he was sick of waiting for action. He chased me down, and I almost killed him. I actually should have killed him... I went out of my characters nature by not killing him. I was totally metagaming by not killing him. I didn't kill him, because I liked the player... even if his character was a COMPLETE ASSHOLE!!!!

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

If I Like you Ill kill you quick

Cambria

Cambria

Malevolent Moose wrote:If I Like you Ill kill you quick

It is funny how you assume you'd be the doing the killing.

The Serpent

The Serpent

He has the mentality that many old GMs have, they are so used to controlling the rules that they forget that they can die just like any one else when they PC.

Toepoker

Toepoker

Moose once hired the theifs guild to kill his whole party.  Just because they wouldn't give him something that he wanted. You had to see the look on everyone's face when I sprung the trap as they were riding in after a successful adventure. He got what he wanted the group died and all of the stuff and loot they found I kept. No arguments. It was actually pretty funny.

Cambria

Cambria

Today, I am hoping both you and Moose die a very brutal death. I can only take so much "we are the best players on the face of the planet" before I start voting against you.

I mean that with love, of course.

Toepoker

Toepoker

Of course nothing but love.

The Serpent

The Serpent

We are bout to vote these jerks off the island!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum