CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death: A way of life

+10
lancelot chamomile
Lord Naiilo
Legendary
Phobos 7
Random
Rattling Bones
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 4:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

We boiz!!!

77Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:9000!

Why is just the number enuf to make people laugh?

78Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The MAGI wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:9000!

Why is just the number enuf to make people laugh?

Good memes speak for themselves.

Just noticed that spellcheck recognizes meme but not spellcheck... queer.

79Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

sounds like spell-check effin up!

80Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Spell check. Telling you you're spelling your name wrong since 1961*.

According to Wikipedia.

81Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Pick A Card wrote:Spell check. Telling you you're spelling your name wrong since 1961*.

According to Wikipedia.

The Magi, The New Darneezy wrote:sounds like spell-check effin up!

You guys crack me up.

82Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:You guys crack me up.

All in the hopes that you'll allow my meager existence to continue as a source of entertainment to yourself.

83Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

i can't play favorites. If you do something and you die... no DM Powers. Darnell makes that clear every campaign. He hates divine intervention. Stupidity, Bad Rolls, and Asshat PCs must be punished. I want to do a Saturday Session but I'm waiting for you guys to actually be on an adventure, not just dying for shits and giggles.

84Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Maybe the Sat will become a catalyst to actually start an adventure.

85Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McCheatin wrote:Maybe the Sat will become a catalyst to actually start an adventure.

I'm hip to your games. You ain't foolin nobody, Soul Brodah

86Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Haaaa, who meee?

87Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:i can't play favorites. If you do something and you die... no DM Powers. Darnell makes that clear every campaign. He hates divine intervention. Stupidity, Bad Rolls, and Asshat PCs must be punished. I want to do a Saturday Session but I'm waiting for you guys to actually be on an adventure, not just dying for shits and giggles.

But dying for shits and giggle IS and adventure in and of itself.

88Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Pick A Card wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:i can't play favorites. If you do something and you die... no DM Powers. Darnell makes that clear every campaign. He hates divine intervention. Stupidity, Bad Rolls, and Asshat PCs must be punished. I want to do a Saturday Session but I'm waiting for you guys to actually be on an adventure, not just dying for shits and giggles.

But dying for shits and giggle IS and adventure in and of itself.

Too true, Xavvy, too true

89Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

OK, i got some notes, old textbooks, some memo's and a verbal lectures. some body's going to learn today!

90Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Serpent wrote:Why should there be a grace period?  Why can't the new character just rise to the occation and prove his/her mettle.  A character that can survive his first 2 sessions has earned his lumps in my book and if there is a background his has also earn my respect.  The game is suppose to be challenging.

The creator of modern Roleplaying, Gary Gygax, advocated killing PCs all the time.  no DM powers no pulling punches just balls to the walls every session.  Much like James he was a dick.  You guys think you have it hard ask Dark Shoo about rolling up 7 characters over the course of 8 sessions then complain about grace periods.  As a GM I'm kid of a softy.  

believe me, it could be worse

I have to remember to channel my inner Gygax no lenience, no second chances, just natural Selection. Yes, now that there is new blood in the game the culling can begin.

91Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:00 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:I have to remember to channel my inner Gygax no lenience, no second chances, just natural Selection.  Yes, now that there is new blood in the game the culling can begin.

I actually remember this. And at the time I remember thinking Shoo was a much better roll player then me for being able to stick through. I have very limited time (especially now), and constantly rolling a new character every session is not fun to me. Especially if it's just bad luck or bad die rolls. Bad RP'ing is on me. But to make a ton of characters with no progression other then 6 feet down is out and out boring. To me. Doesn't help that I have a hard time creating new characters that are interesting.

92Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm sure you'll be okay. I believe in you, brohamster.

93Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:04 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

The Reality Tailor wrote:
The Serpent wrote:I have to remember to channel my inner Gygax no lenience, no second chances, just natural Selection.  Yes, now that there is new blood in the game the culling can begin.

I actually remember this. And at the time I remember thinking Shoo was a much better roll player then me for being able to stick through. I have very limited time (especially now), and constantly rolling a new character every session is not fun to me. Especially if it's just bad luck or bad die rolls. Bad RP'ing is on me. But to make a ton of characters with no progression other then 6 feet down is out and out boring. To me. Doesn't help that I have a hard time creating new characters that are interesting.

I have to agree with Reality (Lost track to who's who). I remember when Return to the Land of the 4 was the main game, that was when I faced one dragon as like 4 different characters. My first and second characters had most of my heart put into them, so by the time I reached my fourth, I lost a lot of interest. I stopped caring into how much of a back story they had, even having gone to an old character to make a new one.

94Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I'm different, once my toon dies the wheels start turning and a second gets pumped out almost immediately. There is never a back-up in waiting or an idea thats been brewing. If it does MEH, start a new.

One good thing about dyeing is that you now have the extra challenge to catch up and then you pull shit outta nowhere.

This prob comes from the Shoo mentality. One you die enough it does not dishearten you. Playing with Jimmy over the years we all died, he was also a vindictive DM. That became part of the challenge.

95Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

For some the challenge is making the next character awesome AND making them survive.

96Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:36 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

As I said, I prefer the challenger of having my characters survive. If I fail at that, I've failed as a roleplayer. And a large part of that is when I make a character, I invest in it, make it personal so I have a reason to care whether the toon lives or dies. So I really can't make many toons. Unlike someone like Leetin, I lack that kind of imagination. I've had several characters, but only really 3 come to mind. The toon I had in Jame's campaign (the name escapes me, mainly cuz I died then quit the campaign for personal reasons), Leonidas (Land of the Four) and Xavvy (Nightmare Moon). All my other characters were just whatever. And even Leonidas was kinda flat. Ability wise, super-multi-rapid shot FTW (among other things). But personality wise...meh. I done forget where I was going with this post...so....meow...

97Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

How does a toons death make you fail as a roleplayer? If that was true then what category is Darnell in (ha)?

In some cases if your toon is boring then death is prob the best option, start a new. Why suffer with a toon you dont even like?

98Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I understand the feeling of regret when a character is lost and the dread that creeps upon you as you have to roll up a new guy but the prospect of death is a part of the game. Plus most games have some in-game means for your character to be brought back. it all falls to the group you're with, the GM, and the lengths you're willing to go for your 'honest businesscorpse'.

99Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:01 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Witch usually falls on my lap. I single handedly saved everyone over 50 times each for the benefit of the continuation of the game.

I always pondered that If I abstained what will happen? We all know that answer.

100Death:  A way of life - Page 4 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Serpent wrote:I understand the feeling of regret when a character is lost and the dread that creeps upon you as you have to roll up a new guy but the prospect of death is a part of the game.  Plus most games have some in-game means for your character to be brought back.  it all falls to the group you're with, the GM, and the lengths you're willing to go for your 'honest businesscorpse'.

Reading this I wonder if I have been too lenient. My corpse count is woefully low but I like that a working dynamic is beginning to form within the party. *sigh* make bread out of some bones or encourage the growth of the group. Decisions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum