CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death: A way of life

+10
lancelot chamomile
Lord Naiilo
Legendary
Phobos 7
Random
Rattling Bones
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I was his WIFE and he was a DICK as a DM to even me. He was excellent.... but a complete dick.

He didn't put up with bullshit either. He knew how everyone played and adjusted his style to each person. You want to cheat your dice rolls? Expect to get negatives to all your rolls. You want to fuck around and not pay attention... expect a sneak attack from a random encounter or your treasure to be missing.

I have heard people make comments about how he wouldn't play with people at the school... but the thing of it is... if he had, half of ya'll would have quit playing all together. If you can't handle Greed and HE made you quit, you would have hated Jimmy. Greed doesn't hold a candle to him.

With that said... He was still the best DM I ever played under (no offense to Grom, Greed, Leetin... or anyone else.)

52Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Legendary

Legendary

leetin DM's?

53Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty None Takin Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I full heartedly agree Jim was the best DM i have ever played under...When my characters were not being sacrificed I was always challenged and never felt suffocated as a PC and unlike Tom i never felt the challenge was over my chracter's head...The challenge was hard but manageable, smart actions were heavily rewarded stupidity was ofcourse punished without prejudice...

Last edited by Greed on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

54Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Lyria said it all. Exact and to the point.

55Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think Grom's a good DM too... Sad

I agree with the other though, except Greed( he's a dick, lol.)

56Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

ok i understand now. meh if i had played i would have done a decent job i think but its all in the past now

57Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 am

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Asshole!!! That's who he was. Fuckin dwarfes......SPLAT!! One boulder whacks u against the wall as the hill giant tosses it at u. Aww man, it burns.........SPLAT!!!Fuckin Dwarfes!!as he tries to confirm kill. Lmao. James was awesome as a DM. As Lyrah said, he really did adjust to everyone's performance in the game. Grom is awesome too but when this dude gave his character head, he betrayed that friendship.(I will never forget grom....I thought we were friiiiieeennddsss.....ahhhhh...hhhh.....dead!!!)Lmao.

58Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:23 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Rolling Eyes

Water under the bridge, Naillo. Farmer Tom should have tried climb, he was half Ninja, not half bird. I learned a lot from Jimmy as a DM. You have to be heartless and care for nothing and no one except as a piece on the board. I try to still care about my PCs but it bites me in the ass and makes players complain about DM powers. he had the right idea I just like to tell my story and prefer consitant characters to do so.

@ Lancelot: You might have been able to survive Against the Giants if you played the way you do now but to be honest the way you played when that campaign was in full swing would have pissed Jim off and if he let you play you would have been wrecked. For example, your performance yesterday would have resulted in the Gnomes spraying all of you with round after round of crossbow bolts. No preamble, no lube, just butt rape.

His matra is very simple, Stupidity should be punished, and if he felt like you were being stupid you suffered dearly. Ask Dino, lol. He died one session because he trespassed on forbidden land. A warning shot was fired to warn him off and when he saw how well made the arrows were he started collecting them instead of leaving. They turned his arse into a pin cushion. Too funny. I think Dark Shoo and Leetin saw that and left him there... Laughing

59Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Cambria

Cambria

All I know is that if we hadn't had my stone of regeneration and ring of wishes, the campaign wouldn't have lasted as long as it did!

I died so many times, they wrote a song about it!

60Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

DDDDead...

DDDDead...

Somebody tell me why!

DDDDead...

Tell... TTTeTTTelllllllTT... TTTellllll... me why

DDDDead...

DDDDead...

Again AAAgain, tell me why... again... againagain...

DDDead...

Why am I dead again?
Tired of travelin' wit ma friends
Seems to be a trend
Whhoops... I'm dead again!
Its startin to offend
Cause ma body, It'll mend
At the market place again
Whoops I'm dead again!

DDDDead...

Again... Againagainagain...

DDDDead... (I needs mo base!)

Here I go once again
Tryin to avoid the thieve's den
Once a brave eagle, now a hen
BWOW! I'm dead again!
Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm dead again!
I'm makin some guy rich
He's got an arrow for this bitch
Need to find a snitch
Gotta hide, need a nitch
Monarch is ma bitch!
Gromwold, He's a bitch!
Thomas! find that snitch
Damn, these arrows itch!

DDDead...

DDDDead...

Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm Dead again!
Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm Dead again!

Againagainagain... DDDDead

(Excert: Lyrah's Deadly Mix- Lyrah Rap; Vilanox.com)

61Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That rap was funny when I first read it and still is...

Dino,

He died twice for entering forbidden land.

Once was as Grom stated (elves)
Twice was when he contacted the Mountain Dwarves, they shot him up with crossbow bolts.

62Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Stupidity should be Punished!!

63Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Don't forget when Dino was trying to recover his "fathers sword" and went to the dwarven community that EVERYONE in town told him to avoid.... Who told him to leave, killed his horse as a warning... and he STILL wouldn't leave and STILL kept trying to talk to them.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

64Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

That is what I was talking about...HA Forgot about the sword.

He died so many times from Stupidity.

He also, died in breaking the staff of Zues, it created the Evvvil Campaign.

65Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:04 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

ah well. sounds like u guys had some good times

66Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yea, like we all do. Thats why we always get together and play....Great game(s).

67Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

This Sunday could be an all day Session but I warn you it will be difficult and dangerous and awesome, with a high mortality rate!

68Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I like danger and death. Sunday looks like a good day to die....

69Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:07 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i will meta game and say a line from my favorite companion. this is where we die. this is where we die....lol

70Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Bubbling Dark wrote:DDDDead...

DDDDead...

Somebody tell me why!

DDDDead...

Tell... TTTeTTTelllllllTT... TTTellllll... me why

DDDDead...

DDDDead...

Again AAAgain, tell me why... again... againagain...

DDDead...

Why am I dead again?
Tired of travelin' wit ma friends
Seems to be a trend
Whhoops... I'm dead again!
Its startin to offend
Cause ma body, It'll mend
At the market place again
Whoops I'm dead again!

DDDDead...

Again... Againagainagain...

DDDDead... (I needs mo base!)

Here I go once again
Tryin to avoid the thieve's den
Once a brave eagle, now a hen
BWOW! I'm dead again!
Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm dead again!
I'm makin some guy rich
He's got an arrow for this bitch
Need to find a snitch
Gotta hide, need a nitch
Monarch is ma bitch!
Gromwold, He's a bitch!
Thomas! find that snitch
Damn, these arrows itch!

DDDead...

DDDDead...

Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm Dead again!
Once again, Once again
BWOW! I'm Dead again!

Againagainagain... DDDDead

(Excert: Lyrah's Deadly Mix- Lyrah Rap; Vilanox.com)

And so it begins anew.

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDDDEAD!!!!

*They called me Juan. Juan Carlos, Arena Champ.*

Capture Cube, go!
Courage made out of dough
Legs, they move too slow
BWOW, I'm dead again!

Wanting to be the greatest master
Proved a great disaster
My GM is a bastard
Yikes! I'm dead again!

Once again, once again
REMIX!
I'm dead again.
Once again, it's a trend
Damn, I'm dead again!

We're brothers from another mother
Kept it under cover
Death could have been our lover
Now we're buried six feet under

She fucked our butts without a rubber
No lube just peanut butter
explosion sounded like a fatal stutter
I'm sorry, brother
We dead, brother

*Who got the 'nades?
I got the 'nades
Who need the 'nades
here have some grenades!*

BOOM! Have some grenades
DEAD! Here's more grenades!
BOOM! Have some grenades!
Grenades, grenades, grenades!

DEAD!!

71Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

A remix, HAAA.

Dino and ton are now immortalized together.

72Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Alan and Dom are i there too.

73Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Alan and Dom are i there too.

Frak you Lem -.-
Epic rap though, lol.

74Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

im done, that rap was above my powerlevel....

75Death:  A way of life - Page 3 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu May 30, 2013 4:11 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

9000!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum