CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death: A way of life

+10
lancelot chamomile
Lord Naiilo
Legendary
Phobos 7
Random
Rattling Bones
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

e is too busy playing video games on his DS...Convict 1087.

27Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Whatever happened to Pat?

28Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOUR AVATAR MEFPH....HAD the "CAPS" on.

29Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

30Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

You silly individual. YEAAAAA HAAAOOOWWW

31Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Ha! That took me a minute to read Naiilo...I thought you was trying to say boobies and spelled it wrong... aw, o well Sad

32Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

u mad funny. only u jose

33Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

I personally hate it when my character would die after i write an elaborate background. It takes time and if you really put your all into your background just to die in the first session of playing its heartening. Perhaps you should give people a 1 session grace where unless they do something utterly stupid like transform into a bull and slice their wrists off you dont actually kill them. Just a suggestion. It would also give people some time to develop their characters before they kick the bucket and at least gives their background some validity.

34Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Or at the very least let them play in the first session that they die in...Nothing worse than writing a 5-6 page background, being early for the session and go home at the end of the session never even given the chance to role-play and then die immidiately after that...

35Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

exactly

36Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Why should there be a grace period? Why can't the new character just rise to the occation and prove his/her mettle. A character that can survive his first 2 sessions has earned his lumps in my book and if there is a background his has also earn my respect. The game is suppose to be challenging.

The creator of modern Roleplaying, Gary Gygax, advocated killing PCs all the time. no DM powers no pulling punches just balls to the walls every session. Much like James he was a dick. You guys think you have it hard ask Dark Shoo about rolling up 7 characters over the course of 8 sessions then complain about grace periods. As a GM I'm kid of a softy.

believe me, it could be worse

37Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

O yeah. James was definitely tough when I played under games. I did not get killed as much as Shoo but I died bout three times but I would say this, I had a lot of fun playin it. It may seem that lem's a dick but truly he spares us a lot because it would be a lot of bickerin in the end like u guys do now. And it makes me laugh and sometimes mad when some people say that his creature r whack or they cannot be defeated(ex. Fat Mike) but he keeps it movin. And u also no somethin, even after death, u get a chance to roleplay comin back to life. If u succeed, jus look at that, ur alive once again. It jus comes down to roleplaying.

38Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

THE WORST!!!

39Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Don't misunderstand, i learned a great deal from playing under James but man were times hard. You came strong everyday or you went home thinking of a few new backgrounds. Play stuipd, dead. Play reckless, dead. Play good and get unlucky, your arse was still DEAD!

40Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

He was hard, but after playing with him a wile the stories started gettin bland....I also, think its b/c he always DMed Like Grom.

Life is hard nothing is given to you and if you ask for fairness your a chump. The only time when fairness exists in the world is when you are 5. IF people are still asking for this imaginary utopian concept go back to kindergarden and suck your thumb.

41Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Even though I went through close to 10 characters, I also enjoyed the campaign. I agree he was to hard at times...*cough cough* me recieving 200xp because i died at the end of the frost giant adventure while yall were getting like 100,00xp+. But I'm not complaining.

42Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Jimmy was a total ass as a DM. I told him all the time, but he was balanced as well. Big battles and hard fought wars were always well rewarded. If you knew how to role play and not just roll play, he would make sure you gained things to help you become a better character.

I especially enjoyed Against the Giants because I loved discovering new aspects of Lyrah's old story in the new story. When he brought Thomas back, I was thrilled. He is a great story teller...

43Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:47 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i wish i could have tried out this campaign

44Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Naaa he is ruthless, you would have died a long time ago Lots-o-Lnces.

45Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:48 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i can play ruthless also. i play according to the dms standards

46Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

He is ubforgiving. If you opened a door that was obviously trapped, he would reward the stupidity with harsh penalies. The damage of the trap could change.

Ruthless.

47Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

however i wouldnt open an obviously trapped door lol

48Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

... ahhh can some else answer for me?

49Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Point blank Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:06 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Dude, Jimmy was more of a dick than me, and i made u quit for like months, that dude would have made u quit for gud and prided himself on that fact...nuff sed!!!

50Death:  A way of life - Page 2 Empty Re: Death: A way of life Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:08 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

now im kinda curious on how it was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum