CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death: A way of life

+10
lancelot chamomile
Lord Naiilo
Legendary
Phobos 7
Random
Rattling Bones
The Lycant
Dark Shoo
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Death:  A way of life Empty Death: A way of life Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Is it fair or right for a character to die in a table top RPG? Many get very upset when their characters die due to effort put into character development or the acquisition of gear. Others don't seem to care for a lack of the same reasons. What do you guys think? How do you all feel about the death of your salesmen?

2Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

IT BURNS!!!! The fire consumes me! then 2 minutes later I am thinking of my next character. It also sux for me since I invest a in to it. Then I do my best to not have any of the same traits as my last character.

Its part of the game. If no one dies then we have nothing to gain, no accomplishments or risk.

3Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

PCs die it just happens and trust me I know. Its only unfair when it seems a DM is purposely out for a certain PC.

4Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

It truly does depend on the individual. It may show a deeper side of what one thinks. It also shows how one reacts to certain situations. Probably one who is mature enough to understand the difference between real and fake can handle themselves accordingly.

And yes, I took a jab at myself. It shows that I'm getting over it.

5Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:29 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Cool Beans!

6Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Speaking of DMs being after certain people. Lem stop killing Tony so much

7Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:14 am

Random

Random

tony kills tony

8Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:46 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Guns don't kill people, people don't kill people, BULLETS kill people.

Think about it!

9Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

LOL that sounds like some dumb shit Lloyd would say.

10Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

at random, how do I kill myself?

11Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 am

Random

Random

really tony really think about it they last months of you having your guys die have all been situation's were if you were paying a fucking ttention and not acting like a fucking little bitch all the goddamn time they might not have happened. you sit there for 4 hours straight each day and i guess lesson to what the DM has to say and you have no input once so ever the most you have is "oh i heal him" or "faerie fire I'm done" "i can't concentrate on my prayer people are talking and my front butt is bleeding". just think about how you died the last time we were making a plan to go across it was a dumbass plan but we were all putting our input in to try so we go OK this is probably not going to work so were just going to send it off the edge to see if it works OK lets OK then khourie OK tony you ready jump on and you fucking say YES omg pay attention you idiot, then after the beholder shoots the web just like we were all trying to avoid. so ass the disk you were on starts to fall khourie trys to jump off me and then trys to jump off too the ledge, then lem goes to you and asks you what do you do and all you can say is i jump too like what the fuck was going threw your mind it must have been like this "umm i cant wait to get home have fun with my cats hey when i fuck my cats from behind is it called doggystyle...wait lem just said something to me oh man whats going on i think i herd jump soo i got it ill jump too, lem i jump. DEAD

look i know im not the best roll player ether Ive had my share of fuck ups and what the hell did i do that for but the difference is if i die i make a new guy i come up with a new idea on how i might want to play this new guy and i keep it moving because at the end of the day i know its a fucking game and tony I'm tired of babying you your a grown man your twice the age of some of us and for you to say i dont think i can play anymore because i cant take dying all the time means you have real problems like you might have to go to counselling type problems. its just a game and im done talking to you like i would a child because i might make you cry and the only reason i even saying this to you is because i do think of you as a friend it may not seam like it because of all the fucked shit im saying but i do if you weren't my friend i wouldn't give a shit and id just leave you alone and let you go on life acting like a bitch and letting you cry every time some one calls you gay or whatever. now come back start role playing like a real boy and show everyone that your not afraid to die in game,

p.s if you cant come in because of low on funds that's a different horse of a color then is it. and if you have came back then just scratch off what i said and keep it moving. i know I'm an asshole people I've come to grips with it. shawn, lem now its your turn. come on all at once MY NAME IS _______ AND IM AN ASSHOLE awww that feels better

12Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

The Lycant

The Lycant

First and foremost, there's no need for swearing. I know you are Spanish, but not every other word should be a Fuck or shit or dumbass. I know that I am an idiot for not putting in my two cents when I should. I know half the time I am not paying attention when I should have. Other times though, I just have no input to give. As for paying attention, sometimes my character is not in the scene, so even if I am paying attention, it wouldn't matter because I'm either away, asleep, or dead. The last situation I was in, personally, I didn't see any other way around it. What we did was stupid, but creative at the same time. Did we know there would be two Beholders on the other side? No, we didn't. So, we had to deal with what was at hand. My rolls fucked me over and I died. I was mad, indeed, especially when I had just been raised. Spending the first half of the session dead, only to die within the last 30 minutes of the same session isn't my idea of fun. Obviously, I should be mad. When I died before that, when Talis was trying to protect me but I got crushed to death (well lem said I got hit again, but I had stepped out for food so I really don't know what the fatal blow was), I wasn't mad. Sometimes, its just the matter of how I died is what makes me angry. You're right, I may need counseling to deal with some of the things, but other times its just how shit happens that may make people mad.

BTW, when it comes to people interrupting me, its hard for me to come up with stuff on the spot. I'll sit there, come up with some hot shit to say, then when I get interrupted, I'll forget what I had planned on saying and then it comes out as a crappy prayer. I expect when someone is talking, that other people would have the respect to let them finish before anyone else jumps in. But I expect too much from everyone...

And no, I have not quit role playing because I keep dying. Not enough funds in the bank means that I need to ration money for interviews. I will (if I can, depending on what job I get) return.

13Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Phobos 7

Phobos 7

Tony, Tony, Tony. First of all, There is no need for swearing.

That's it.

http://vespertinesoul.tumblr.com

14Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Phobos 7

Phobos 7

Dark Shoo wrote:LOL that sounds like some dumb shit Lloyd would say.

@ Dark Shoo:

Actually i would say that if guns don't kill people, people kill people, then toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast.

Food for thought.

http://vespertinesoul.tumblr.com

15Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Personally, I've never liked Toast. They're savages. They toast their own people like maniacs almost on the same level as Nazis. Damn Nazi Toast... we need to smother them in sugary jams and feed them to fat people.

That is all!

16Death:  A way of life Empty Phobos is a damn genius! Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Toast...Toast...Toast. That's deep.

17Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Looks like we had a moment here....You guys are reflecting into your inner souls. Especially those who finally understand the true philosophy of toast.

18Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Legendary

Legendary

So this is what happens when I leave huh? Some dyslexic guy curses up a storm and Nazi toast is burning people? wtf? lol!

19Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Welcome to The CnC World War!

cheers

20Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Im just posting this so your name wont be everywhere.

21Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:47 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I noticed this morning

clown

22Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:34 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Maybe I wanna post too. I pity the foo who don't wanna post!!!

23Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

TOOOONYYYYY!!! What's up?

24Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expenses, that's what's up...

25Death:  A way of life Empty Re: Death: A way of life Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

You gotta start sellin' rocks like me and my son.(Greeds never on the forum so he wont see this Laughing )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum