CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Running a game

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Nah. He didn't have to say I use my second wish. He could have just sat there quietly thinking about how best to use it. He wanted to end the game so he could run out. Okay, I get that. But to say that you are going to use it is something else. Besides he was very clear about what he wanted to happen. Plus he even rationalized it to me at the end as we were packing up. I didn't answer him when he asked if I think that's a good wish. Besides he was concerned mostly about Dead meat being sent to the sun. He wanted the kill of Deadmeat and the fire elemental and I said no he couldn't get it. He didn't understand when I asked him why would you send a fire elemental to the sun, with a Phoenix egg? Both fire born creatures. That's like trying to kill water by sending it to the bottom of the ocean surrounded by a whole lot more water then expect it to die. The minute he mentioned it at the end of the session I knew I had him. Did I set the trap? Yeah as soon as he rolled it in the treasure table. Could he have used it to his advantage? Yeah if he had taken his time to think it through properly before he announced it. Am I going to deny the wish? Nope. As Moose has beat into my head many times I am an asshole and in this instance I will be a fair one. LMAO I will grant the wish and remove them from existence. How does that change the game we will soon see when we sit for our next session. And speaking of next session we will have to set it up soon so we can prepare for the holidays.

27Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I want to know how this turned out.

28Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Well then I would have to ask lem if its okay to talk to you again... Ok, I will risk the full hit die lightning bolt.

I did what was asked of me. I wiped all of it away. I got rid of the Drow, Zombies and the dragons. I wiped all of the magic items that they had found in under mountain and made them roll for the number of items and what they are. The reason for this is because the Drow hunted and cleaned up most of the monsters in that area and stored the stuff that they found.

Instead of a Drow causing the war its a mad mage. Instead of summoning Zombies he summons a daemon. He drains the energy of the daemon and uses it to transforms them into minor daemons. LEMurs. The war at water deep was bound happen. They appeared at the last stand the final wall that separates the nobles from the peasants. It was a front line battle all of the casters, nobleman and priests at the wall fighting to keep them out. Instead of a dragon I used a Pit Fiend and he whipped the parties collective asses. I gave the Pally a 10% chance to have found a holy sword but he failed the roll so it turned into a straight up brawl. During the brawl the nobleman of water deep used magic to keep the daemons from breaching the wall. But a failed attack roll from one of the party members blows through the magical warding and the wall opening up a whole for the LEMurs to go through.

Almost everyone was down past zero then Moose used his magic item to kill them all but did a lot of damage to the pit fiend. Who got away. Moose once again kills the group. I was so proud of him, he never lets me down. Laughing cheers Laughing

One of the characters figures out how to use the magic item that everyone has been after but forgets to use one of it magical abilities and goes down. Then Moose grabs the holy item given to another character killing himself in the process. When they try to rez him he fails his resurrect survival with no way back to the world of the living he then pledges himself to me. The group is all but dead and he wants to cut a deal. So he must verbally pledge himself to me before the whole group as another former thief did. I love how it all played out just like in the previous timeline. But we had to end it there because our ride had to leave early. We also had a late start because I had to personal stuff I had to do.

29Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

So uuuhhh no comments? Did Lem ban me again?

30Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Sorry. I was super busy at work today. My attorney is going to be out the rest of the week, so he was giving me a lot to do.

I can't decide if I think you wimped out or not. It is interesting that you just added new enemies in where the old ones were... but i think it would have been way more fun if everyone ended up different places, or some not even born or whatever, because wishing those things away changed the history and make up of the world.

Soooo... did I read that right? EVERYONE is dead but Rob, and only because he pledged himself to the DM?

What does it mean that he pledged himself to you? Does he have to do your bidding, or lick your asshole or something?

31Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:33 am

Toepoker

Toepoker

he already licks my boots so it was only logical. cyclops He found religion. I didnt want to wipe any of them out as that wouldnt have been much fun for me. Like I said before I dont do back stories to often. But I thought this was a merciful way to do things. I gave them a new and harder enemy to fight because like I said war was inevitable. I was just happy that Rob turned to religion from being a thief. It kept continuity. In the last game it was an other thief who became a priest. I wanted to rob to become one but couldnt figure out how to get him to willingly make the pledge. Now I have clean boot and a clean booty.

32Running a game - Page 2 Empty Re: Running a game Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:Well then I would have to ask lem if its okay to talk to you again...  Ok, I will risk the full hit die lightning bolt.  

I did what was asked of me.  I wiped all of it away.  I got rid of the Drow, Zombies and the dragons.  I wiped all of the magic items that they had found in under mountain and made them roll for the number of items and what they are.  The reason for this is because the Drow hunted and cleaned up most of the monsters in that area and stored the stuff that they found.  

Instead of a Drow causing the war its a mad mage.  Instead of summoning Zombies he summons a daemon.  He drains the energy of the daemon and uses it to transforms them into minor daemons. LEMurs.  The war at water deep was bound happen.  They appeared at the last stand the final wall that separates the nobles from the peasants.  It was a front line battle all of the casters, nobleman and priests at the wall fighting to keep them out.  Instead of a dragon I used a Pit Fiend and he whipped the parties collective asses.  I gave the Pally a 10% chance to have found a holy sword but he failed the roll so it turned into a straight up brawl.  During the brawl the nobleman of water deep used magic to keep the daemons from breaching the wall.  But a failed attack roll from one of the party members blows through the magical warding and the wall opening up a whole for the LEMurs to go through.  

Almost everyone was down past zero then Moose used his magic item to kill them all but did a lot of damage to the pit fiend.  Who got away.  Moose once again kills the group.  I was so proud of him, he never lets me down.  Laughing cheers  Laughing

One of the characters figures out how to use the magic item that everyone has been after but forgets to use one of it magical abilities and goes down.  Then Moose grabs the holy item given to another character killing himself in the process.  When they try to rez him he fails his resurrect survival with no way back to the world of the living he then pledges himself to me.  The group is all but dead and he wants to cut a deal.  So he must verbally pledge himself to me before the whole group as another former thief did.  I love how it all played out just like in the previous timeline.  But we had to end it there because our ride had to leave early.  We also had a late start because I had to personal stuff I had to do.

1 I couldn't have killed the party when they were already dead
2 My actions actually saved the only character who was still alive and the main Character the story focuses on
3 I was fine with my death because it would have been going out on my terms, the last minute pledge to Zeus was a total shot in the dark to see if I could be persuasive enough to justify a return( putting the Role back in playing if you will)
Joey just likes to portray himself as a Dm that has a plan for everything when in truth my actions that night caught him totally unprepared.
As for me kissing ass that will never happen. If there is anything that Joey knows with 100% certainty is I will never be controlled no matter what class I play and I beat him like a stepchild every session.
It says a lot when a DM( By his own admission)has to limit a player just so he can have a chance to progress his story.........
With that being said Rancid Black heart is dead Long live Father Rancid the Repentant ......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum