CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND}

+3
Admin
Talis of Stormfall
Cambria
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Fri May 14, 2010 11:38 pm

Cambria

Cambria

For me, a background is an essential part of role-playing, and every character should have one. Although I enjoy the benefit of starting off at a higher level if I have written a background, I would rather that background be required than to have this extra advantage.

When I approach my background, I think of what I want out of the character I am creating. I decide on their life story. How did they get here? How do they fit into the story? What goals do they have? What do they want to learn? Where do they want to go? Do they have known enemies? Do they have known allies? Who is important to them? What race would benefit their story? What class would enhance the character?

All of this helps me decide on the personality of my new character. Why is this important? Because you need to know WHO you are in order to know how to be in the game. You shouldn't act randomly. Every thing you do should move you toward some type of goal or advantage. You should have a purpose. When you have a purpose, you fight harder to get it accomplished. You think to yourself, "If he/she does this, how will it help or hurt his/her ultimate goals." This helps you play better and more effectively.

The bottom line, having a background connects you to your character. When you are connected, you tap into the true likeness and life of your creation, which only makes the experience more enjoyable for not only you, but for everyone involved.

Bah-ACK GREW-OUUNDS.... make them an official requirement.

2BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I feel that you are absolutely rite Lyrah a background is important and for many of us we cant move forward if its not at least written out in our heads. I would not mind making it a standard rule in our circle, that a pc cant play until his background is atleast semi-complete...especially for our veterans...

3BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Mon May 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Its official then. Starting Monday May 17th players can not start playing without the beginnings of a background and will not be allowed to play after that first session grace period without a background.

This should be interesting.

https://cncwwii.forumotion.com

4BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Nael Aeron Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

My Pledge

I am Adamantine
Strong
My word is unbreakable
My heart is indestructible
I am a protector
Loyal
Full of pride
Defender of peace
I am happiness
Good
Determination drives me
Dragon blood flows within me
I am Adamantine
I am a Dragon Liege

Over 250 years of training and devotion brought me to where I stand today. The path was laid out before me but the danger and peril still existed. 12 goblins, 5 orcs, a drow *spit* and about 20 creature I can't even name were slain on my quest to see the almighty. Now I am knelt before Zyilrah, the adamantine dragon my clan serves. All must face the trials of the body, mind and soul.

First the body, She let out a thunderous roar and lightning spit from Her mouth crashing down on me. I still remained, unmoved. My armor and weapon scorched. Next the mind, our eyes met and the massive weight of Her mind came upon me. For a full year I had to bear this weight on my mind with Her magic sustaining my body. A year later I am physically and mentally drained and having one more test, the soul. Zyilrah let's our another roar and lightning strikes me again. But this time I felt no pain but life, Her soul flowing within me. If our souls didn't sync and I had any doubts or weaknesses then my body would turn to dust. I passed, my scorched armor now shining brighter than ever and my weapon now of better quality then when it was forged. Zyilrah's blood now flows inside me, I am now a Dragon Liege.

She sleeps now and I make my way back to the surface. Though we both almost caused each others death, fate has brought my brother who I haven't seen for over 200 years and I back together. Even though he won't shut up, any company is good company while in the Underdark.

5BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Nice... Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:24 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

SO whos your brother I wonder...

6BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i bet hes some cool guy that knows how to get out of any jam lol

7BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:24 am

Legendary

Legendary

Can't be that cool if he wont shut up... tongue

8BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

LOL well i wonder how this guy is gonna fit in with the party?

Imma elf so its a plus but im good I guess imma have to watch my back at all times. Shocked

9BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

i got your back brother Surprised

10BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Empty Re: BACKGROUND {BAh-ACK GREW-OUUND} Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Sounds cool. Looks like you put some work into it , or your just a natural writer and it took you 10 minutes.

Good job.

So were are the 5 other pages?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum