CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big World (Tentative Title)

+3
The Serpent
Leetin McBeatin
The Lycant
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Big World (Tentative Title) Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:22 am

The Lycant

The Lycant

This is a concept of mine that comes from my many years of experience. I would like comments and suggestions on it... or at least whether I should continue planning it.

Big World is a campaign setting that is a mixture of worlds all placed in one large planet. The concept is similar to my friend's old Rifts campaign in which whatever an author, a screenplay writer, a game writer, etc... would create would exists. Example: Jedi, Paladins, Mutant Turtles, Pokemon, and other well known characters would and could be in it. Storyline hasn't been confirmed yet but, somehow pieces of each universe would suddenly appear on Big World. Each 'country' is trying to explore other areas and discovering other 'nations', either which they make an alliance or try to take it over.

The system I had in mind is a weird concoction. It starts of as DQ mainly, but has a different kind of spell system. Its more along the lines of Rifts in which uses PPE or ISP (depending on whether your magic or psionic), only that to learn more spells you have to buy (with exp) spell slots.

Depending on what your race is, it will determine what your profession can begin as. Example: An Elf could not start as a Jedi as readily as a Human. A human from modern day couldn't be a Paladin as easily as one from Medieval times. However, it is possible to 'role' play into those roles. This game would allow someone to learn other skills and traits, and maybe even learn what they would normally can't.

Another thing I wanna do with this is to allow players to bring in old characters from the past. Some campaigns end and it causes us to not be able to play old favorites. This world is designed in mind to have several campaigns going on at one time, without one having to interfere with another. It would also allow for minor dungeon crawls so players who show up can have something to do when issues prevent main players from being able to come and the DM has to alter major plans cause of it.

Questions? Comments...

2Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I see 4 worlds revolving around one greater Big World, leylines mystically connect the worlds as one. This strong connection to magics is what pulled the worlds to share a single atmosphere and galactic rotation.

Only those on the BIG World can see the other 4 at all times just by starting skyward. Each of the other 4 world can see BIG World and two (or one) others depending on global rotations. Depending on what world takes president in said planet, strange things happen. Each planet affect the other differently depending on the celestial combination.

HUH? Sound good? what you think Lycant?

3Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

I like this idea, especially considering the idea i was going for as a storyline. The main thing I need is a way to get the different species from the different universes into the big world planet.

The Background story I have in mind:

Since the Big Bang Theory, several different universes have come to existence. As time passed, these universes have become populated by creatures that worship various Gods. Outside of these universes, a God realm if you wanna call it, live the different gods. Gods are born when people begin a worship to them. When people stop believing in them, they cease to exist.

A problem. All at once, cataclysmic events began happening in each universe. With so many of their worshipers dying, the gods began losing power, some even fading out. In order to save themselves, the gods created a realm in which they could place in a piece of a universe. By saving even a small city, the gods could retain life thus continuing existence.

Small note:
Most PC (and notably the characters) wouldn't know about the god realm nor this back story. This is just my idea of how Big World came to be.

4Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm partial to The World as a Dream Theory as introduced by Robert Heinlein's novel The Cat that Walked Through Walls. Its a comedy of sorts about a writer that, through chance encounter, is thrown into a grand romp from a space station orbiting Earth across the dark side of the moon and eventually across time. At a point near the end of the tail he inquires as to the existence of many characters and events thought to acts of pure fiction and is told that fiction is relative.

The World as a Dream Theory:

Alice in Wonderland is real. She sometimes regrets following the white rabbit and other times she admits that she had nothing better to do that day and she was definitely not bored. But that's neither here nor there. She real because Charles Lutwidge Dodgson wrote her up. From the moment Dodgson thought up Alice and the mayhem that is Wonderland it became a real place somewhere in the universe. Reality is merely a figment of a mad writer's imagination. We exist because someone thought us up.

Big World works because you dreamed the worlds together. Finding out how the realities coexist could be one of the party's goals.

5Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Random

Random

id be citizen lol id get to back-stab dreams of other id fuck up that Pokemon guy

DM: you see a guy talking to a round sphere, then suddenly a bright light comes from it and a dis-formed animal comes out looks like a giant yellow rat.
Citizen:i walk up to him cautiously
ASH: hey you there want to battle, i want to become the best Pokemon trainer in the world
Citizen: what? pokey what whatever you want to battle me sure sounds fun (evil smile)
ASH:go pikachu
Citizen:back-stab ash before that light shit happens
DM: pikachu looks spellbound as he looks upon hes dead friend and lover.

6Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

ASSHOOOOLE!!!
*whispers* I would do the same.

7Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I though Lewis Carroll wrote Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass?

The dream world reminds me of the movie that had a white Dragon in it named Falco, and the sequel sucked ass....shit. Forgot the name. The boy was needed for his imagination. The world was dieing because people stopped dreaming (not literally).

AHHH!!

THE NEVER ENDING STORY!

Did any one ever see River World on the Sci-fi channel? it was pretty good. Basically the concept was that when people died they came to River World and once in it the can ne er permanently die. The reason for the existence of this world was that humanity destroyed itself. This was Noa's Ark in a way.

8Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Lewis Carrol is a pseudonym of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson's so big cookies for the both of us!

As for the 'World as a Dream Theory', the people dreamed up by writers are as real as you and me unlike The Never Ending Story where the characters were aware and content with being fictitious characters in a book.

Examples: I come up with a story about a band of misguided misfits that meet almost every night and pretend to go on grand adventures together. Whether because I dreamed it or maybe the reason I dream it is because somewhere in the universe these strange super nerds exist.

9Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Huh this concept does not make sense to me? So, you are saying that a group of people gather and make believe the they go on fictitious adventures why would someone do that? It makes no sense!?!

Did anyone manage to read any of the dream cycles from yes the man himself...Lovecraft? The dream world exists and is a real as when you dream, but the dreamer is more skilled in the world than in reality.

One example, the main character travels to a grand city that he happens to know the ruler personally. How? Because in reality he friend is in a coma. Come on thats cool.

"The Dream Quest for unknown Kadath", the other two have "silver key" in their title. its a three part short story. Great read.

10Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Closing the idea of Big World Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:05 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Well, I don't want people to think I want to abandon this idea, but something occurred to me. I have a lot of projects that I want to do but not enough focus to go around. So, I have decided to cut down on some of the ideas that I'll be working on. This way, I don't feel burden to the point I don't want to do anything.

I still want to go through with the video game project. That will remain on my to-do list. (Still searching for a job, probably gonna have to settle for something other than a computer job) The rest of my projects are as follow:

Outcast (My original novel that should have been finished before I left high school)
Pokemon Mysteries: The Rune of Darkness 1 & 2 (My Pokemon campaign between the guys at DeVry and now Gabby)
Werewolf (A new variation on the 3.5 campaign that I ran for Jose essentially, which I'm gonna redo with a modern or even a future twist)

Until these projects are completed, Big World is gonna take a back seat. But if anyone wants to take it over, by all means, have fun. I hope that I'll be able to join in soon, but there's no current interviews which means no cash.

11Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

If your only options are to settle or do nothing, settling doesn't seem so bad. Money is important and job opportunities won't find you sitting at home. You need to get out and work experience always looks good.

12Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

A job is a job. Work a Wendy's, then continue looking for a computer job.

Doing nothing suck...too much free time sux...bordum sux....Staying home wile your friends are out having fun SUX....This list can go on and on.

Something is better than nothing. I want you to post that you are to busy having fun in life to hang with us.

13Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I wonder what a big world of my campaigns would be like... I'm guessing a little like 4GMs

14Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:49 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

didnt we do the big world concept already?

15Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Each DM takes ownership of a world and then we share the main?

16Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

that's hot. i wouldn't mind tryin that but i only show up so much

17Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:30 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

im sure we did this already...lancelot was killed, so was a certain sith and ended with my being a tigress

18Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:28 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

We did have that concept, in a way. 4DMs was it. The major difference was to have been that there were sections that was clearly visible that belonged to certain franchises. But never mind this version.

19Big World (Tentative Title) Empty Re: Big World (Tentative Title) Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

ah i c...i dont really but i thought id throw that in there lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum