CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fair Starting Level

+6
Admin
Legendary
Cambria
Leetin McBeatin
Dark Shoo
The Serpent
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:15 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

The tale of Sinn, Daichi, Talis Stormfall, Jayden Blacktalon and Kitmun Catman continues in its original form... Castles and Crusades.

After the coming Monday anyone not playing will have to wait until the end of the current adventure before they can play, sorry guys. No

52Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:28 am

The Lycant

The Lycant

I may have to wait... boo being broke and unemployed!!!

53Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

On the upside you'll be able to save money in the interviening time. I'll have Kitman attempt to get out of the cave on his own.

54Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Tony, concentrate on getting a job. It sucked that you died, but loot in real life is more important that a game.

I know you do not know me to well but feel free to ask me questions about interviews and job tips.

55Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I know this a little off but is Kitmun's last name really Catman?

56Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Both topics were off, this was about fair starting levels.

Anyway, no Kitmun (may he rest in peace) last name was Tazellrai. As for the job hunt, I am... hence why I don't come every session. BTW... I wouldn't have come on Wednesday if I knew I was just gonna die within the same session I was raised. But... I'm over it now.

57Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Since we are using character points I guess the starting level is 1 now.

58Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Actually, for Land of the Four: Revisited starting level is 5th. As long as two or more characters are level 10 the campaign start is 5.

59Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

So you start at 5 and you can use C. points to get even higher?

60Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Or MinMax your stats, or acquire magical items. CPTs are usefule for a number of things.

61Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Legendary

Legendary

Since we're on the subject of CPT's, do you start with any? and if so, how many? Is there a list of the costs to use the points or is it just word of mouth?

62Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Grom says we obey....Bow bitch bow!

He decides if you participate or rolle play, then hands out "x" points to each person at the end of each session. We gather the points and when enough is accumulated we get to spend it on our character.

How the points are used is the hard part. Each class has different uses for points, the level of each character has a lot to do with it as well. Remember class and level decides on how many points you need to progress.

I know this sounds very complex and mathematical, but its worth the brain power. If done right we can gain points very quick and progress in character development even quicker.

Jumping on the table and flailing around like a duck helps in gaining points. Sitting in the shadows projecting your thoughts the DM hoping he understands what you intend to do, but dont want him to truly understand will gain you MASSIVE POINTS.

Hope that helps

63Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

CPTs,or Character Points are not guaranteed they are independent of expeience and an in house system. A player can play a dozen sessions and never earn one (1) CPT yet a player can play once and earn the maximum which is five (5) CPTs per session. It all hinges on the player and how he carries himself. Character Points are given for players staying on character ie. sticking to alignment, background, and personality traits.

example:
Lug the Brute is from a tribe of wildmen that revere animal pelts. Among his people his is considered a well learned scholar because he's traveled beyond the savanahs and traded with the outsiders that dwell in their strange stone and wood cities. He can even spell his own name... barely.

Lug's player doesn't give the character an alignment or deity because Lug's people wouldn't believe in such social pitfalls as good or evil (which lables the character Chaotic Nuetral to the DM). All of this gives me a measuring stick to compare all of Lug the Brute's actions against. When Lug ignores a sign clearly marking a specific path ahead dangerous because he can't read he recieves a CPT. When he confronts a wild boar in an attempt to claim a bear pelt that is in the animal's territory he recieves a CPT... if he does this to his detriment because its in his character
not because of treasure and the like he get's more CPTs. However, when he and the party fight hordes of monsters he gets experience and no CPTs.

This only works with tangible ways of measuring. A character with no background does not get CPTs(and only half experience). Now I believe in character development and acknowledge that characters change over time so I do take this into acount.

example:
Kaliko Kid is a noble of a kingdom of horseman. In his country even the lowliest serf is an expert rider and treats all equine species with undue reverence. When Kaliko first starts he gets CPT for roleplaying his respect for horses even going as far as to put his life on the line to free horses that are mistreated session after session. However as the campaign progresses he finds out that the horse worship that he'd ben taught as a child is actually a part of an allaberate demon worshiping plot and that his people originally worshiped whores not horses(easy mistake). So he roleplays differently, spitting on horses and paying extra attention to Ladies of the Night. Its not in his background but it is sticking to the new character that Kaliko Kid has become. He would recieve CPTs appropriate to his character's percieved personality.

Once character points are accumulated it becomes a matter of dying. When your character returns to the great circle and is reborn he is able to spend his Karmic due(CPTs) as he sees fit. The chart is available to anyone creating a character using CPTs.

Jumping on the table and flailing around like a duck helps in gaining points. Sitting in the shadows projecting your thoughts the DM hoping he understands what you intend to do, but dont want him to truly understand will gain you MASSIVE POINTS.
I like Leetin's explaination too.

64Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Where can we see the the chart?

65Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Sorry, to avoid douch bags killing themselves in hopes of having enough CPTs to cheese off I have sealed the chart away somewhere safe until its needed.

66Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

We need to open the vaults! Lets go WACO and mass suicide. I will lead the ritual, this way we can cheese up on the CPt's. Did I mention that everyone but me needs to go WACO? Fuck that I 'm willing to wait, but a few extra points for orchestrating a mass suicide does not hurt.

68Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:20 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That would be a completely unseen turn of events. Mass Suicide to thy whispered deity, that would truly be a coup...

69Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I'm Down!!!!!

70Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Hmmm, what would the new campaign be?

71Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Im down too

72Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Now that people have rolled up multiple characters with the new starting level and CPT system what are your thoughts and opinions?

73Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:39 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

who has done that?

74Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

CPTs were cool.... have no idea where the chart went. Sad yet another thing DeVry has taken from me, lol.

75Fair Starting Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Fair Starting Level Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Haa, Damb you devry!!

I can give it a shot. No chart exists on my end. If someone does something extra-ordinary. I point will be awarded. Kinda strict, but its still better than nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum