CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Holy Swordsman

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Post it here in your classes section. Them maybe the admin can bump it to the 1st page(s)

27The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I put it up under background for Holy Swordsman.

28The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Now that the class is officially being used I do have a few questions:

Holy Swordsman is a specialized fighter trained by 'The Sky God' that entails specific strikes or attacks that invokes variuos types of energy to execute extraordinary feats. WHere does this energy come from how is it harnessed through the attack. I'm asking as a story teller, not about game mechanics but how is it explained and narrated?

Example: A druid calls on the forces of the natural world to affect said world and bend it to their will. A wizard calls on the knowledge of the arcane arts to command great power. A cleric is endowed with the will of her god and through prayer uses the divine grace to bestow favor.

Put the Holy Swordsman into words. How is his power wielded?

What is a Holy Swordsman's driving mentality? Are they just fighters on a crusade to slay 'The Demon Krovak'? If so, what happens if a Holy Swordsman slays him? Once the others find out, what is their purpose after that?

29The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:41 am

Legendary

Legendary

I don't know what Shoo will say, but the way I see it is:

The Holy Swordsman imbues his sword with his soul when he strikes down his enemies.

It could explain why the blade changes color when one of their abilities is used.

I'm a little confuse as to what you mean by driving mentality but I'll try the best I can. I would think that their mentality would be to fulfill their gods wishes. ATM they are an army made to destroy the demon. So they would always work towards that goal. As to how they would act, that's just like any other class/race/player. They could all be completely different in how they do things.

"Are they just fighters on a crusade to slay 'The Demon Krovak'? If so, what happens if a Holy Swordsman slays him? Once the others find out, what is their purpose after that?"

They are an army that specializes in this style of fighting, but they have the capability to use other forms as well. So, no they are not just fighters on a crusade, they are a force of their god on a crusade. If a Holy Swordsman slays Krovak then their current mission is complete. As we all know about gods, they live to grant quests for those who worship them. When Krovak is destroyed, the Sky God and all of his people will turn to Bahamut for their next challenge. Until he grants them the privilege of his presence, they will live their lives as any other nation.

30The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Looks like your background not only creates a class identity but material for its own campaign with a nation, gods, and quest all its own. Very interesting.

Legendary wrote:They are an army that specializes in this style of fighting, but they have the capability to use other forms as well.

What other forms do you speak of?

31The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Like casting spells, being sneaky, etc, etc, etc....

32The Holy Swordsman - Page 2 Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:29 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

so read throught this again and was like why isnt this being played... then i remember lem is mad wack lolz by saying regular classes only.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum