CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Holy Swordsman

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Holy Swordsman Empty The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

As requested by Legendary, THE HOLY SWORDSMAN.

Prime Attribute: Strength
Hit Die: D10
Alignment: Lawful Good
Weapons: Swords
Armor: Any except shields

Abilities: Sword Master, Sword Techniques, Detect Evil, Martyr

Sword Master(lvl 1): A Holy Swordsman add his Wis to his base attack when attacking with a sword.

Sword Techniques(Can only be done the # of times a day equal to the # of techniques you know):

1) Blinding Slash(lvl 2): The target must successfully roll a Con save or be disoriented for 1 round.(Blue) (Disoriented - The target is unable to act on his turn and loses his Dex bonus but not completely helpless)

2) Rejuvenating Blow(lvl 4): The Holy Swordsman heals for his lvl + Wis on a successful hit.(White)

3) Crippling Stab(lvl 6): The target must successfully roll a Str save or receive a -4 penalty to damage and AC for a 1D4 rounds.(Red)

4) True Strike(lvl 10): The Holy Swordsman rolls a Wis check and if successful receives a +10 to his attack. (Black)

Detect Evil(lvl 3): As a Paladin.

Martyr(lvl 8): A Holy Swordsman can place himself at 0 hp to heal an ally for the Holy Swordsman's current hp once a day.

BTH: Paladin
XP: Paladin

Any comments?

Last edited by Dark Shoo on Tue May 18, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

2The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

What do the colors represent?

3The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

The color the sword glows when you use that technique.

4The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Can you explain Rejuvenating Blow a little bit more?

5The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

If the Holy Swordsman hits he heals for his lvl+wis

6The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

True Strike provides far too high of a bonus. Castle and Crusades is a much simpler system where plus twenty is almost an auto hit. I think +15 is just as beneficial while allowing for the chance of missing theat 3.5's true strikeallowed at higher levels.

7The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I edited it.

8The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

How do you like Martyr?

9The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Personally, I think Martyr is like the perfect exemplar of what a Holy Swordsman represents. For me that ability IS the class. Very sick, I like it a lot.

10The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Thanks man

11The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 3:05 am

Legendary

Legendary

I was a little confused about "Sword Techniques(Can only be done the # of times a day equal to the # of techniques you know):" Does this mean when you have 2 abilities, you can do both of them twice a day or you can do each one once or you can do a sword tech twice a day and you pick which ones you want to do? I also like martyr, I think it adds some flare to the class. I don't think it is the class like Lem though. The way I envisioned the class it was all about the sword techs. The way I have thought of the class, this is very close to what I wanted, so it's pretty cool.

12The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

If you know 4 techniques, then you can only use 4 techniques a day. So you can use the same tech 4 times, each tech once etc.

Thanks.

13The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Ah, i see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

14The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into this class.
So far you created two that people like.

15The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Thanks.. I try.

16The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Thu May 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Yeah, where did you come up with the idea for these classes?

17The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 11:28 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

This class seems like a sub-class of paladin, why isn't it Charisma based, or at least Wisdom based(since they use wisdom for their extra To Hit)?

18The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I felt the HS(holy swordsman) was more combat oriented. I feel like a paladin is more of a leader and mouthpiece than the HS. A HS would be like an elite group of fighters under a Paladin so that's why I felt it leaned more towards strength.

19The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I think the main reason would be because a Holy Swordsman Fighter/Ranger are way too over powered. If you go Fighter subclass then not only do you get to add Wisdom to your to hit, but you also get the addition to hit and dmg from Fighter and also the base to hit of a fighter. You would have at least a +4 to hit at lvl 1. Then if you look at Ranger subclass they would also get way too much of a bonus to hit and dmg.

There is another reason as well. They are holy fighters just as Paladins and Clerics, but they are the offensive side. Clerics are the spell caster/healer side while Paladins are the defensive side with their immunities to fear and diseases and they can also heal a little bit. Holy Swordsmen are the attackers. They use the holy power given to them by their deity and put it into their swords to destroy those that are evil.

The way I saw things was that if you take the classes as a part of the holy body then Clerics are the body, Paladins are the shield and Holy Swordsmen are the weapon.

20The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Cleric is a priest, and a chaplan. They are holymen that spread the word in civilized society but can don armor and soldier the battlefield amongst the faithful and fight for their cause. Their primary role is Healer.

The Paladin is a HERO of a cause or deity. Everything he does is dedicated to that cause whether its bringing c a local criminal to justice or travelling to a far off keep to be rid of an evil HALF-DRAGON that is tormenting the lands. They have a high cpability to defend but nothing more than any other class. They are the arm of their cause.

Holy Swordsman as I've understood it is a warrior for good that fights for his cause or diety. Very much like a Paladin but I understand why you chose strength.

Note: A Holy Swordsman/Fighter would be a Fighter/Fighter and Holy Swordsman/Ranger is hardly better.

The background of the class needs to posted it might help those not familiar with the class you two are trying to create.

21The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Legendary

Legendary

The Great Gromwold wrote:Very much like a Paladin but I understand why you chose strength.

Did you mean you don't understand? (Just for clarification, nothing more)

I haven't finished the background for it yet. I can post the 8 pages I have so far, but without the other chapters no one will understand my vision.

How would I go about posting the background?

22The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Damn 8+ pages someone has too much time lol

23The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

try to post it in pieces

24The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Like one page at a time? Where should I post it at then?

25The Holy Swordsman Empty Re: The Holy Swordsman Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Part of making the class is explaining what they stand for so that others that wish to play thm understand who or what they are trying to be. We need that includeded for all classes posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum