CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Online RolePlayin

+2
Leetin McBeatin
Talis of Stormfall
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Online RolePlayin Empty Online RolePlayin Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

As of the result of current changes in everyones lives Role Playing has become rather difficult, such is life and rather than quit altogether i pose that we find a solution Online Roleplayin may be a new alley we may venture, I heard and have been doin research about it, its not impossible for us to pull off with enough work...and im sure we all will be willing to give it a try...We all need to look back and see wat it is that we really need in order to have a competant roleplaying session...And just be open to giving this a chance...

I can list a few-and solutions we already have
Group communication-Skype, or Vent

Statistic tracking- http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=initiativetool for the gm..

Dice Rollin: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=dicetool

Character up keep http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=charactertool for pcs

Thats just a start i hope others can come up with some more ideas

2Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

So, this is free?

The game is run like usual but we skype it and encounters are done digitally?

CharacterTool helps players to manage their characters during game play. It is fully scripted so that the tediousness of tracking large numbers of stats can be automated.

The above is perfect for those who always have trouble adding up their damage or strike bonus.
Simple, very simple.

3Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I have to admit that i am intrigued and it would be nice to roleplay with a competent group like we used to do at Old James' place but as Lancelot has pointed out everyone has outgrown roleplaying and are either too busy or not interested. Its dead, no big deal. Every road comes to an end... maybe this is ours.

I'm down, whenever.

4Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:09 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

RPTools seems to have everything, good find. The question is how do the programs run?

5Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Well think of this.

We have Talis
We have Grom
We have me

-That is almost the whole James group

AND, YEA...we can even invite James to play.

What say ye?

6Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Im down wenever u guys r down we should start fuckin around with the tools if we havent already done so, the only thing i could say is that dungeons and encounters will take alot more thought, on the part of the dm, in cases such as monster encounters, TREasures, dungueon maps...i would say the more planned ur adventure is the better to help get ur point across and better immerse ur pcs into your world. That is going to be the key to this new expirement that we all are going to be undertaking, the ability of the dm to immerse his pcs into his world without him actually being 3 feet infront of you...Luckily we have the internet and since we are all online it shouldnt pose much of a prob... Case and point we are moving threw dunderly Forest and we encounter a random encounter a dm could say like hey this is wat u see eating ur party member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=137715329577055&set=a.106885569326698.13886.100000157653267

We all scream and cower, yell charge and commence the man beast beating, who has been terrorizing the forest with his all powerful unibrow...

7Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:45 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yo, I heart myself laughing at your pic.

8Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:46 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

yea i kno well its a longwekend ima try and get in touch wit a few of u guys...

9Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Just to have you know, you will also have the cat back if you were to do this. My only reason at the moment for my absence is due to my financial situation. But I would definitely be down for some online role playing.

10Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That Forest Beast was frighteningly familiar, did Jim pit us against that? i distinctly remember visualizing the unibrow and feeling a paralysing chill settle over my spine. I was scared. What a terrible monster.

I look forward to trying it out. When the GM has decided on what system and perameters that are using they should post it so that the rest of us can start thinking up characters. This could be fun but what i see happening is all games are going to be on Saturdays and I'll have fun hearing about the adventures on this lovely forum that no one uses.

Laughing Sad Evil or Very Mad

11Online RolePlayin Empty i dont think so Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I wanna run a short session with maybe 3-4 peeps in the near future over skype, once i get thses files to open just to try it out let me know wen u guys are up 2 it we will link up over skype say maybe thursday nite?

12Online RolePlayin Empty heres the first step Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

online dice logging so we can all see the random generated rolls
dicelog.com

join existing dice log
look for land of the four dice log,
mess wit it for a while seems like a solid program... I think i ive found a winner
btw the my skype name is ryfle22 add me and send me a line

13Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:39 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

My Laptop is ass as of now. Dont have volume on my PC. I will have to sit this one out, unless we play by text?

14Online RolePlayin Empty u do kno wat skype is rite... Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

skype isn pc instensive bud...and the logsite is a site online that keeps track of ur rolls, no programs need be downloaded except for skype...

15Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

its sad. It only works on safe mode; once on this mode you can download programs. The drawback is that you are not allowed to install them.

At the moment, I have all the RPtools programs (minus the map maker) on me PC. Useless.

This machine is ass.

16Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Cant really complain since it was given to me for free with the knowledge of its issues.

17Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:11 am

Legendary

Legendary

Talis of Stormfall wrote:online dice logging so we can all see the random generated rolls
dicelog.com

join existing dice log
look for land of the four dice log,
mess wit it for a while seems like a solid program... I think i ive found a winner
btw the my skype name is ryfle22 add me and send me a line

"You can join a dice log created by someone else only if an admin of this dice log added your mail to the list of players. "

That's what I get when I try to join a dice log...

18Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 am

Legendary

Legendary

I tried downloading the character tool but it just come up as there's an updated version without putting a link or anything...where do i go to get the lasted version?

19Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Legendary

Legendary

my email is jlp0382@hotmail.com so add it so i can go to the dice tracking thing...

20Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Have any of you guys actually tried this out yet? Pros/Cons?

21Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I have tried it, but not since my email was added to the site...It seemed very useful...it has some predetermined dice roll types (like rolling 4d6's)...After I'm done looking at all the new posts, I'm going to see if talis added me to it and see if anything is different...

22Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cool, keep me informed.

23Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Ok, just tried it. Works pretty well. It records all the rolls, and you can display them in 3 different ways. As for other ppl being able to see the rolls, idk. I was on by myself. Give talis your email so he can add you and we can get on and see how it works with multiple ppl.
The only thing I see that's bad is that you can't clear all the saved rolls. I think the admin has to do or at least change the settings to allow us to reset them. Not even logging out and back in gets rid of them. Sorry Talis, you're going to have a lot o dice rolls to delete... lol!

Last edited by Legendary on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more stuff at a later time)

24Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Found out what 3d6R is...It rerolls 1's if you get one...nice...too bad there isn't a 4d6R Crying or Very sad

10d10E adds another die roll if you roll a 10...

Last edited by Legendary on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

25Online RolePlayin Empty Re: Online RolePlayin Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I still think we should at least give it a try...I think it would be easier on most to play from home because it wouldn't cost them anything... cheers
Also I know that the DM is going to love this because it seems to roll pretty low about 80-90% of the time...

Last edited by Legendary on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum