CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The IT Crowd

+2
Toepoker
The Serpent
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The IT Crowd Empty The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:35 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign. A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats. Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.

2The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 am

Toepoker

Toepoker

The Serpent wrote:I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign.  A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats.  Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.

You want me to lend you the cyberpunk books?

3The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:43 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:
The Serpent wrote:I'm designing monster bosses for a post-apocalyptic campaign.  A need ideas for unique abilities and encounters.

Example:
A tiny wimp of a man that sucks opponents into his mind where he is a monstrous beast that the players must fight using only their mental stats.  Those defeated while trapped in his mind will be left in a comatose state or maybe will be come slaves to his mind.

You want me to lend you the cyberpunk books?

Naw, I like ideas. You have an idea, kick it over. Lets brainstorm. Books are cool but they restrict free thinking.

4The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 am

Cambria

Cambria

Will you give me a brief description of the time/place of the setting and conditions?

5The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:55 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

The world has undergone multiple ends including being merged with hell, being invaded by heaven, and five years without sunlight. Tech varies by location from late 1700s(wild west) to cyberpunk style weapons and armor. The races range from humans to godlike angels and demons. One player is a vampire priest and another is a shapeshifter that is technically four different characters.

The players would be facing these bosses on the edge of the wild west frontier but don't let that hinder your creativity.

6The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Give me a little bit to think of some things. I absolutely LOVE heaven/hell angel/demon stories. I think it is because I grew up so strictly Christian, and with a true belief in hell and demons and angels... When I was in like sixth grade I read a book called A Divine Revelation of Hell. That book fucked with my head. I would probably laugh reading it now, but at the time, I didn't.

7The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Read to Reign in Hell by Steven Brust. I love that book

8The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Cambria

Cambria

You should read about the Nephilim. Genesis talks about them being the children of angel's and humans. They have also been referred to as giants. That would be a great addition to the game.

9The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:You should read about the Nephilim.  Genesis talks about them being the children of angel's and humans.  They have also been referred to as giants.  That would be a great addition to the game.

Those are already playable character races. I'm looking for encounter ideas. There are a multitude of races and abilities so don't feel stifled. Throw me an idea and I'll find a way to make it fit into the world. My main issue is I want to mix it up with boss ideas that are different from my norm.

10The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

11The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:44 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:Are you only looking for boss ideas, or general enemy ideas?

Boss ideas primarily but enemy ideas are welcome.

12The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Cambria

Cambria

The Serpent wrote:

Ok. I will have to rethink.

Tell me the character races available.

13The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:
The Serpent wrote:

Ok. I will have to rethink.

Tell me the character races available.

As I said you don't need to worry about that, tell me you idea and I'll make it fit.

That said:

PC Races

Human
Contemporary(artificial humans)
Half-contemporary
3 sub races of angels
3 sub races of demon
Half-Angel
Half-Demon
Vampire
Treeoid(humanoid tree people)
Super Humans
Animus(Demon Animals)

NPC Races

More demons
More Angels
Faerie creatures
Bird men
Merpeople
Ape people
Robots
Lizard people
Gods
Elementals

14The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I hope you aren't getting snippy with me!

15The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:I hope you aren't getting snippy with me!

Lol, You can take it

16The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I can't help buy pull from the book of Revelations. It speaks of a red dragon with seven heads and seven horns and a crown upon each head.

17The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Cambria wrote:I can't help buy pull from the book of Revelations.  It speaks of a red dragon with seven heads and seven horns and a crown upon each head.

Lol, they've met The Beast before. He's actually a nice guy all things considered. But that is a boss battle for your ass! They aren't on that level yet. Let me put things in context.

They are creeping around in a country that used to be their home until some badass Demons took over. They were once the lawmen of these lands and after running into one of the new lawmen, jerks that abuse their authority and the people, they have decided to kill all of them. Most if not all will be boss level enemies and it will culminate in them fighting the Badasses that took the country from them in the first place.

18The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Cambria

Cambria

What about a mother of demons.  Beautiful of course.  Carries a small bag with her that contains dirt from the underworld/hell.  She takes a pinch out, spits on it, whispers to it, and drops it.  From the ground rises a demon...  But not a modern demon of this time.  An ancient one...  They can be whatever she whispers.  A demon of confusion makes the player fighting it to have backward roles.  Their low roles are good and high roles are bad.  20 would be a fumble.  1 would be a crit. A demon of strife...  If they try to hit it directly, their weapon instead hits a fellow player with no explanation.  

She never actually fights because her demons protect her.  However...  The party will have to figure out that they must relieve her of her satchel of dirt.  Then she will be disarmed and able to be killed.

19The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

Cambria

Cambria

So I was on Pinterest, and I saw this. At first I thought it was mechanical, but when I enlarged it, I saw that it was bones. So it gave me an idea for this. You could have a cyborg dragon... I also pictured it made out of the sculls of the enemies it has killed. Like a dragon actually building itself...

The IT Crowd Ce035210

20The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

The PIC looks hot

21The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Great Now I need more magic items in Joey game...

22The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Toepoker wrote:The PIC looks hot

I have been telling yall that you should check out Pinterest, or even just my personal Pinterest page. There are so many awesome pictures on there. My board is called "Lyrah's Den".

BTW - I sent you and Moose a PM bitching about yall not posting, but it isn't going through. I don't know if it is technical difficulty or ADMIN intervention. HA!

23The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Cambria wrote:
Toepoker wrote:The PIC looks hot

I don't know if it is technical difficulty or ADMIN intervention. HA!

Bwhahahahaha..............Admin Intervention...............Bwhahahaahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

24The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I found this picture. LOVE IT. Here is there story with it:

During the Eternity Wars, some of the angels were transformed into stone guardians scattered across the battlefield. Some came willingly. Others were drafted, traitors and cowards who tried to flee. They were given impenetrable stone for flesh, and granted more power than any warrior angel. However, once the battle ended, they reverted to statues, waiting for the next battle. They have waited long, seemingly in vain. They need not wait for much longer.

The IT Crowd Df790310

25The IT Crowd Empty Re: The IT Crowd Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 am

Cambria

Cambria

What about hellhounds?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum