CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition

+3
The Reality Tailor
Drunk Flogger
Leetin McBeatin
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ellow everi'one,

I have been thinking about trying a new game and new system of play. This is also a new style, its rollplaying based, very strong RP (not a lot of combat...maybe even zero).

Read up on the game style and its simple rules before agreeing.

also, in all honesty since im learning the game as we play 3 players would be great. This does not mean I only want 3, but I will still play if only 3 are interested.

The first couple of sessions would be us all learning the rules, building a mood and fleshing out our characters.

Since BESM is still strong and flowing, my guess this will not happen until session 40xx+51.

please post your interest and questions. i will answer to the best of my abilities.

2Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

first i would like to say that, i have heard of this game and i heard its a great opportunity to increase your level of RP capability. i need this, so if you would have me i would appreciate it. People i think would be awsome for it Random (yes i know he is a dick but when he is not being chaotic or just saving himself he really brings some unique things to the table) Alan, (when he is not patting out) Lem (for reasons we all know) and the rest of our crew but those 3 should definately be in that campaign.

3Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I was thinking of not inviting Lem; he is our DM. its like inviting the boss to an co-workers party. The jive would be all off.

So, if we have magi, random, Alan and alans Girl (is invited as well) this would be good enough fo'me.

4Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Me and her will look into it. And for the record, I do enjoy pc'ing with the great Lem. It's been a long while.

5Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:04 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

What I like about storytelling is the level of... storytelling. The system wants characters to have actual backgrounds before the game starts, and sessions are more like episodes of a soap opera. Each encounter is a scene in the show and players use their backgrounds and their skills/abilities to progress the story. Experience is given to those who help the telling of the tale not to those that pull a creature kill. i liked reading about the system but knew it would require a level early prep that I didn't have the time for.

I would love to play, just can't anytime soon.

6Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Soo, all we have is magi? This will be backburnerederedddded for a wilesssss.

There are plenty of Wiki sites pertaining to the Story, there is a lot to read. here is a link to one Wiki, this also describes the game logics.

VtM-Wiki

7Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

ty, since i have nothing else to do, cause its really slow today i will read up on it i hope i will become a better

8Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Also, Im willing to do this in conjunction with BESM. This is like exactly playing one more day of the week.

9Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

the question is when? i am down cause i want to improve on my RP.

10Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

if only you play its a bit too small of a group...or non group. at least 2 more people would be doable.

a week day is fine with me. Figure when and if we do this people can state their desired day.

11Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Random

Random

well I know I cant do any more days then im doing already (one day). so im out. but I do think that you can run this game and have lem step to the side and not really mess up what lem is planning he can continue with what is he doing really easly. But I think that chad really would have to READ the book and know all the rules in it so that he can run a proper BESM game. idk its hard to think about I guess at the end of the day its up to lem and weather he believes chad can run a game properly if he doesn't think he can he wont tell you because hes a pussy and wont say what he really thinks. but again idk its up to lem at the end.

12Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Well as you know i will butcher BESM. out of no were people powers will stop working or i will just ignore yours.

Seriously. I have no desire to DM besm. The game is too unbalanced for my tastes, especially if im DMing it.

13Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I also have read the book several times years ago, I just need to refresh me selves.

there are two time periods this game can be played in.

1st is modern day with a twist of darkness. evil exists but its not public and pulls the string of society. The world is ignorant to the doing of vampires and their like.

2nd is mid-evil times. This era is the reason why the modern day is as it is. Here creatures existed and were real, subtly is not really practiced.

Corporate times has less vamps an ancient has a large amount more.

Guns vs. swords
Modern vs. mid-evil
New world vs. old world

14Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:04 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Me and Nikki are down if you're running it. We still have to read up on it though.

15Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ok, soo there are my three. More are welcome to join any time.

Lets figure out what day is best?

Sat, Sun, Tuesday I'm guessing are out of the question. We can rule out Friday as well, but will be willing to consider Sunday, not Saturday or Tuesday in turn. Now this leaves us with:

Monday
Wednesday
Thursday

-and maybe Sunday-

What day should we play?

16Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:48 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Well I prefer Friday or Saturday, since I work Mon thru Friday. But of we were to start early enough, Sunday would be a good day as well. But I'd rather not do another work night.

17Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

sunday would be my favorite day to do it i dont have much to do on that day. like zavy said another weekday would suck.

18Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:56 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Mother fluffer, it's Xavy. Ain't no Z to be had here.

19Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Potato, Potato (or was it Po-tat-oo) it all sounds the same when said.

Ok, so, lets give Sunday a shot.

What time period are we more interested in?

If we play modern it could start in our very own back door...NYC. We can also play in another state or city?

If the latter option we have Europe.

20Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

my honest opinion would be nyc but england could be fine.

21Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

I would prefer something modern. Or maybe the DM ( or whatever the word is ) can flip a coin.

22Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The GM wants modern always did.

ok, sooo.

In this game a background is VERY important. The only story i want to read is of your living life. Who are you, were you from, family, history. Tell e your desires, dreams and ambitions.

Now this BG is to be at least 4 paragraphs long. the ore detail you give e the better story you will receive.

England is enticing, but NY is were we play.

Modern era to be is still a little bit in the past, lets say between 10-15 years ago. Feel free to add actual Historical references to give life to the story.

you can post your BG he is sent it to me: ChaZwireZ at google mail.

23Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cool. I'll need a few days for a background. And research.

24Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:36 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Also, any chance for a PDF so I can have a look at the book? If not I'll try and Google one later.

25Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Empty Re: Vampire the masquerade 2nd edition Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Ehh, i had it all in e old comp. this time there is only hard copies. Let e see if I can find something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum