CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nibblin' Bums Since 1991

+4
Dark Shoo
Drunk Flogger
The Reality Tailor
Rattling Bones
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Im trying to think more role playing wise of late so if its avoidable and not vital to the mission then i think we should skip it. On the other hand if there is loot on the other side then we gotta assess the risk because there is going to be a time when fighting is inevitable and we wanna be close to 100%

27Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Random wrote:ok then. so a full party fully healed hp/mp. but no real treasure to gain expect for the exp learned from the fight. and the enemy is unknowned. for all we know they could be goblins in 3.5 or they goblins in lems DQ (BADDDD ASS for no reason)
It seems to me that many players have forgotten that by default monsters come with treasure. This does not mean that the treasure is physically present on their person but a lair or nearby locked box. Even a key that opens a treasure filled closet are all ways that monsters treasure is distributed. In both of my games the players fight and run away, mistakenly deducing that there is no loot to be had.

I think that for the sake of 'moving the story along' players would rather run through a dungeon avoiding all encounters and all chances at experience and riches. If we played longer or more frequently I believ this would no longer be an issue.

28Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

well i vote for fighting. we need as much as we can get to fight the end boss. if he is throwing this stuff at us he believes we can actually fight it (but its lem so....). We should take every opportunity to fight unless we are all under 50%, but the enemie might have some kind of way to help us if we beat them.

29Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

I feel I should point out that guyvers explode and our only ranged character became a tiger.

30Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Look At The Bones!!! wrote:I feel I should point out that guyvers explode and our only ranged character became a tiger.
Correction:  Newer model Guyvers appear to explode when you smash their gem.

31Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Yes but we don't know when that nice and wonderful feature was added.

32Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

So, lets say we are in an underground lab and we see a creature tied up. Were is the treasure? Every situation is unique. ALSO, this 5.2 system does not give fighting xp. What? Were supposed to fight 50 creatures to gain a level? the level of the party does not matter, the algorithm is king in this system.

We might as well earn based on RPing and problem solving...as well as combat.

Also, on a side note When I DM I as a DM potentially give out more Xp for non-combat. Each adventure has tons of bonus Xp available. This group tho always wants the fight then runs like little girls until "me" (meaning any of my Toons) jump in combat, then everyone else fights. Its the same situation all the time.

33Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:So, lets say we are in an underground lab and we see a creature tied up.  Were is the treasure? Every situation is unique. ALSO, this 5.2 system does not give fighting xp.  What? Were supposed to fight 50 creatures to gain a level? the level of the party does not matter, the algorithm is king in this system.

We might as well earn based on RPing and problem solving...as well as combat.

Also, on a side note When I DM I as a DM potentially give out more Xp for non-combat. Each adventure has tons of bonus Xp available. This group tho always wants the fight then runs like little girls until "me" (meaning any of my Toons) jump in combat, then everyone else fights. Its the same situation all the time.
I give experience for rping and fights for I, Bubbling, am king. But I give most of my exp for actions that accomplish party goals and progress the current scenario. Yet I have to agree with you. The key to making party fight is convince you to fight.

34Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 am

Random

Random

So new question or statement should be Roleplaying XP VS. Fighting XP. should they be the same? if we have two whole sessions of just roleplaying shouldnt we get just as much xp for that then one session of fighting?

35Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

If we get things done! most the time our RP sessions are causing trouble or having fights in bars. In our case I would guess fighting is more beneficial...only in our case...cause we hardly take any initiative on campaign goals....

36Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Random

Random

thats not true. last session we figured out were we have to go who we have to see how to get there and even an entrance to the lab main entrance underwater. but with soooo many people all having ideas and a plan on how to solve even the most simplistic of task are going to take time. but that was out RP session we all played true to our characters even tony was RP around more then he usely does if you think about it. but when i say RP vs fighting im asking shouldnt that last session be just as much xp then the next which is going to be mostly fighting if not just one fight period.

37Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I am in full agreement that roleplaying sessions should be worth exactly as much, if not more, as a purely combat base system. However there is this slippery snake of a thing called participation. Who is entitled to experience? If the party fights a giant we are all in agreement that anyone that was in a position to get squished deserves at least a portion of exp. The lion's share goes to those that fought intelligently, innovatively, and stayed in character.

If a party is in a bar and needs to get information, much like a fight there is a matter of participation. The guy that gambles with the locals and passes drink around to loosen lips earns exp. The guy that takes the bard aside and chats him up about the region gets experience. The gal that takes a barnaid to the loft for a bit of tribbing and milks some directions from her teet gets exp. But what do I give the guy that picked his nose? Even the ass that starts fights with dwarven bouncers gets a nice ass kicking and exp. The guy who'splayer is staring at his cellphone doesn't deserve shit.

Roleplaying sessions are harder to gain exp because the objectives are useually less clear. Fighting is easy, thinking... well, yeah.

38Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Chaos' Plague wrote:I am in full agreement that roleplaying sessions should be worth exactly as much, if not more, as a purely combat base system. However there is this slippery snake of a thing called participation. Who is entitled to experience? If the party fights a giant we are all in agreement that anyone that was in a position to get squished deserves at least a portion of exp. The lion's share goes to those that fought intelligently, innovatively, and stayed in character.

If a party is in a bar and needs to get information, much like a fight there is a matter of participation. The guy that gambles with the locals and passes drink around to loosen lips earns exp. The guy that takes the bard aside and chats him up about the region gets experience. The gal that takes a barnaid to the loft for a bit of tribbing and milks some directions from her teet gets exp. But what do I give the guy that picked his nose? Even the ass that starts fights with dwarven bouncers gets a nice ass kicking and exp. The guy who'splayer is staring at his cellphone doesn't deserve shit.

Roleplaying sessions are harder to gain exp because the objectives are useually less clear. Fighting is easy, thinking... well, yeah.
Thinking about it, RP exp should be worth more.

39Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

random your last comment about last session was bull:

"we figured out were we have to go who we have to see how to get there and even an entrance to the lab main entrance underwater"

The Queen told us were to go, The pokuchick took us were to were we have to go, and she showed us the water gave us bottles and said the lab is down there???

So, what did we do? We spent all day (me included) wasting time trying to enter when the 3 answers were in our hands all along. We wasted that session.

Imagine if we just drank the bottles and entered the water. We would have prob found the professor already.

40Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

Our problem is that we tend to over think everything and also anticipate that the gm is trying to screw with us.

41Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nibblin' Bums Since 1991 Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

But if we become hasty we can do something, that would get us killed. So i guess lets take the persons approach and just do stuff immediately. So no more than 2 min for a plan guys (the new meta)! WE will react immediately, so we can have more time to RP (even though i know its the wrong style of play) we get to do more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum